Start by marking “Obnoxious librarian from hades” as Want to Read:
Obnoxious librarian from hades

Obnoxious librarian from hades

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Satire from a librarian with an attitude in a large bureaucracy, trying to survive boring meetings, clueless managers, reorganisations, offshored helpdesks and l-users (library users). If you like humor in the style of Dilbert, this is a book for you.
Published November 4th 2008 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Obnoxious librarian from hades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obnoxious librarian from hades

May
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have never laughed so hard! So many wonderful chapters. My favorites ones so far include how one can transform the library to a profit center (e.g. charge patrons a 1$/minute when they phone us), how to deal with monopolistic electronic database vendors who think they can hold us over a barrel when they raise their subscriptions, managers who think Google is "good enough", and a brief overview of presentation topics at annual/regional conferences. A definite must-read for those who work in lib ...more
Amanda
May 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
Just a real good time = )

I really enjoyed Dennie Heye's point of view. I laughed a good portion of the time and really wish the novel was longer. I've had to find his blogspot and follow him for new updates. While I've worked so little in a library myself (I'd love to just can't get hired...grrrrr!!!) I've worked enough customer service to understand his points about the l-users (library users) and worked in general long enough to recognize the annoyance of bosses in any work place.

If you are l
Sam
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh my god, this was funny. It's like Dennie is the librarian version of me! There were so many occasions where his responses to certain requests, events and people generally were what I've either done or so very much wanted to do it was like looking in a mirror. To top it off this has given me a few additional ideas to add to the pot and made me contemplate what those working at my local library really think of us l-users.
Eva Praskova
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a corporate employee I can relate so much. I was laughing out loud at times.
"nothing exists in Hades if it doesn't have an acronym" YES YES and thousand times YES, that is absolutely how it is and all the managerial mumbo jumbo and buzz words. Thank you for this book it feels like you work with me :)
Meagan Houle
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun, if over the top. If you enjoy satire about corporate culture, and/or if you find librarians to be interesting creatures, you'll probably like it. It's short; you can probably read it in one sitting. I don't recommend doing so, though. It can get a little dull after awhile if you read it all at once. Take it slow.
Sami
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
snarky, hilarious, and perfect inner thoughts of being an obnoxious librarian to the bureaucrats in the corporate world.
Greg Webb
May 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book feels more like 1190 pages than 119. It *should* be an easy read, but I've been chipping away at it all week and am only a quarter of the way through it. I was expecting, based on the reviews, humor and entertainment, but it's a completely dull snooze-fest. Literally. I start to fall asleep minutes after starting each entry... I also expected to find humor in the stories by relating them to my own situations at work, but I didn't laugh a single time.

I *hate* not finishing a book, even
Rob Crowe
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book if you know British comedies and other geeky things that everyone should be at least exposed to. Most of the Hummer is sarcastic and brilliantly thought of.
Henrik Rostoft
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
I think that he has read a bit to much BOFH http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/
Bu
michelle
Dec 07, 2011 rated it did not like it
Meh. Couldn't get into it.
Veronica Juarez
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
It's definitely not a masterpiece of literature, but I found it enjoyable and funny.
Sniglom
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun and easy to read, but too much like bofh and not really a great book.
Sarah Cook