Start by marking “What They Didn't Teach You About World War II” as Want to Read:
What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The author of the acclaimed What They Didn't Teach You series tackles World War II, a defining moment in the history of the world. Yet, for many of the Baby Boom generation, it is largely a mystery; too early and too late, it is not quite far enough in the past to be "real" history, and not quite recent enough to be memory. Allies = good guys. Axis = bad guys. Hitler = ver ...more
Published February 17th 1998 by Presidio Press (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about What They Didn't Teach You About World War II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

Jansen Wee
Aug 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Beyond the few interesting trivia (largely America-centric), this book really offers little to anyone who has read a little about World War II history. The book has a disproportionate focus on the US perspective, with coverage on other significant aspects of World War II being seemingly token, or just the bare minimum to warrant the title. Maybe the title sgould be "What They Didn't Teach You About the US anorld War II". Another minor point is the arbitrary use of section dividers, some of them ...more
Amilia
Feb 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I like it a lot so far. In so much, that I actually want to own a copy (I rent from the library). Its got interesting tidbits and World War II is already interesting to me. Makes me want to know even more about the war.
And I like how its divided up so easily and clearly with interesting topics for each chapter. Its got its own chapters just for airplanes and another just for submarines--how cool!
Luke
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love reading history books. Found this series by Mike Wright to be very thought provoking. I never knew about most of this from high school history classes. Very interesting stuff, I think his "What they didn't teach you about..." series should be in history classes.
Amber
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Riveting! See the War through the eyes of a GI and you will not look at history the same.
Will
Sep 07, 2012
Darla Ebert
Mar 02, 2016
William
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2010