Start by marking “Perfect Formation” as Want to Read:
Perfect Formation

Perfect Formation (Perfect Fit #1)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  496 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Friends for much longer than they’ve been lovers, Taryn and Richard enjoy each other’s company while looking for “Mr. Right”. When the darkly handsome Caleb walks into their lives, the sexual attraction is instant and mutual—for all three. Caleb wines and dines them then shows them how good it can be if they trust him to lead the way. One night is all it takes to prove tha ...more
Published March 11th 2009 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Formation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Formation

Sophia Triad
Huge amount of dirty talking, ordering around, dominating and having imaginative positions in the bedroom.
On the other hand there is also a great amount of honest talking until Caleb, Richard and Taryn overcome worries and misinterpretations. The three of them will come to an understanding and they will create a family together.
Enjoyable quick read, funny at sometimes, hot and sensual at other times.
jenjn79
Sep 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to jenjn79 by: bi-menage story
I've had this ebook hanging out on my phone for a while, but for some reason kept passing it by. I think there was something about that summary that made me a little unsure if I would like it. Turns out I was wrong. This was a really well done book!

Series Note:
No known series connections.

Summary:
Taryn Moss and Richard Daniels have been best friends for years, and when both are single, they hook up for a little friends with benefits. Despite the fact that Richard generally prefers men. One night,
Spuffed
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Exploration of Menage Relationship that's not too dirty
Recommended to Spuffed by: Goodreads reviewer
I enjoyed this for the most part. It started off really good, the progression made sense, foreplay was super hot but the actual sex was too tame for me as I'll explain later. At some point though, this became kind of a "meh" read for me and not sure I can pinpoint why.

Quick Rundown: Best Buds Chick and her Friend Dude (gay but bi for her) are currently between lovers/fuck buddies who are assisted by Dom Dude one night when they've gotten drunk and are trying to find a cab. Dom Dude is immediatel
Joletta
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Perfect Formation is a rare treasure. It's a MMF that deals with the morning after, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, most MMF books trip my trigger, but they seem to be a lot of; "tab A & C to slot B & D, mix and match as needed". Hot, for sure, but I really like to see how they deal with the fact that one of them consistently leaves the toilet seat up, for example.

Richard and Taryn are close friends and sometimes lovers. Richard is, as he says, mostly gay. Not really bi, because is see
Elisa
I loved that this story explored the relationship between these 3 people. It was definitely not all about the sex. Not that there wasn't sex. There was. And boy is is hot, steamy and sensual! If you haven't tried BDSM or menage yet, this would be a great book to start with.

You get to know all 3 MCs and come to understand why each of them are the way they are. Wounded though they may be, they each fight for their love. *happy sighs*

I'm off to go see what else K.B. has to offer. I'm happy dancing
✿-Anna-✿
I LOVED the emotional revelations each character went through in this story. It wasn't your typical I want to have a 3way, wham bamm we're in love... these guys and gal really went though some personal struggles to accept the love they had for each other... It was awesome to read it.

I didn't like that the story wasn't a little longer but it was deep.
M.A. Stacie
DNF. Could not get past p10.

In those 10 pages the characters must have said each others names at least 20 times. It wasn't even used to start a sentence. "Caleb." "Taryn." "Ricky." etc etc etc. Added to that the overuse of dialogue tags it became annoying, and when I began to wince at the continual use of them it was time to give up.
Tabitha Schmer
While I love menage I did not love this one. The story was good I just could not seem to connect with the characters I will defiantly read more works by this author
Accio Reviews
Considerei durante algum tempo se deveria escrever a minha opinião sobre este livro ou não, pois não é propriamente dentro do género da minha leitura habitual. Mas já que também não tenho muito a dizer sobre ele, aqui fica, para pelo menos ficar com um registo continuado daquilo que tenho lido.

A primeira coisa que eu pensei assim que comecei a leitura foi: "Isto parece-me tanto uma fan-fiction mal desenvolvida". E era impossível não fazer essa comparação, pois surge logo nas primeiras páginas al
Drmgrl99
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is my favorite kind of story "Friends turned Lovers" But Miss KB throws in a twist and makes it friends turned lovers that find a stranger to make them a "perfect formation." Caleb stumbles across the two friends/lovers and is drawn to their beauty but then the two (Taryn and Richard) intrigue him more with their drunken flirting. Curious about the possibilities he pursues them. Things get super hot, very fast. The triad quickly form a relationship, but as with any relationship it has it up
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the MMF relationship in this book and would have given it maybe 5 stars up to the point the I-love-you started spewing forth. For awhile there it was like they were using it like a comma in anything they said to each other. There are other ways to say I love you without beating the words over and over your head. The other thing is as soon as it's said, everyone starts turning bat shit crazy and the insecure actions and thoughts were so thick it was killing my enjoyment. Still I lik ...more
Claudia
the beginning of the story was good but the longer the book was the less I was really in to it. I had real troubles with the emotional part here and the sex scenes - both could have been good but there was no real connection between the characters and the sex was a bit lame ... it felt off, no sparks

the plot was ... not really there I think and more of an afterthought

I don't thin I will read something of this author again as I could not relate to the characters and their relationship to each oth
Domino (aka Meme)
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Happy Ending Threesomes
if i could i'd give this novel 3.5 stars. it was Sexy and a had a nice plot. there was even some emotional growth for all the characters. especially Taryn who'd lost her family at a young age and fought with being loved and finding love and believing she could love even if it went away tragically. there was a happy ending for all three and really sweet. if only life could be as pleasant as this novel. hehe
i'll have to find some other novels by K.B. Alan. pretty entertaining.
Timmysparks
Mar 31, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked this story. It was hot and steamy in all the right place. Caleb, Richard and Taryn made a very cute and gorgeous couple. I liked how their families supported their relationship and let them be who they were. I liked how Caleb knew what he wanted and fought to keep their relationship together. And I also loved how Taryn and Richard opened up to accommodate Caleb into their life and relationship. I really liked it!
Fallon Blake
Oct 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
A menage with heart. Perfect Formation wasn't just an erotic tale filled with countless sex scenes -- although the sex scenes were really hot. I loved that the author included obstacles that a polyamorous relationship would face in the real world -- judgment, family acceptance, etc. I really enjoyed the chemistry between these three. The opening scene had me in tears I laughed so hard. All in all, I think this was a fabulous debut book.
Heather
Oct 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
While this book has potential, the first chapter killed it for me.

"Taryn."
"Richard."
"Caleb"

"Richard."
"Taryn."
"Caleb."

I had to grit my teeth through each interaction like this. A very difficult read due to character interactions seeming forced and horribly, painfully, awkward. I can count on two hands the number of books I have failed to finish and this is right there. I couldn't force myself to go through with the mental anguish.
Bea
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, k-b-alan
I absolutely loved this book. KB Alan sure packed a powerful punch into this short novel! I loved Taryn, Richard and Caleb - all together, and separately. This book did a great job of exploring their new relationship, how their pasts factored into that relationship, and how they worked to stay together and make that relationship blossom and progress. Beautiful story.
Gillian
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read, it's my first KB Alan. It's a ménage involving two friends who sleep together when they aren't in a relationship, friends with benefits!. They literally bump into this guy as they are leaving this bar, drunk of course. Everyone is curious and attracted to each other and so they get together. The guys are bi-sexual and everybody "gets down" together.
Donna
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

The characters in the book has great chemistry. Interesting story line Hot sex. I liked the little added mystery, but the mystery could have been a bit more. However was still a great read.
Annie
I really wanted to like this book. I like the story line, but the authors writing killed it for me. The dialogue felt forced and sometimes very generic. I love friend to lover stories, and while parts of this book were really good most of it fell flat.
Tamela
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read, threesomes are tricky but I think K.B. pulled it off here. Great characters and glad they found their HEA.

========================
1st read - Dec 26, 2010
2nd read - Jun 27, 2015
Camylle
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: naughty-bits, menage
This book was absolutely fantastic!
Serlina
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hot and steamy
Jana
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hubbard Hubbard. If you like mmf novels this one will more than rock your boat. Forget plot. Forget character development ( which were more than expected) this novel heats up everything.
Aisha Oaktree
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review pending 2013
Sasha Devlin
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. Still my favorite menage of all time.
Yolanda
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story. I liked all of them and was hoping for a happy ending. I liked the family supported them and their lifestyle.
Amanda Landry
rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2015
Pashia
Aug 09, 2014
Vickie
Jul 11, 2012
  • One-Two Punch
  • Double Dare (The Dare Menage Series, #1)
  • Something More
  • Susie's Choice
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Ragged Edge (Body Masters, #1)
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Stoneface
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Enticement
  • The First Time is the Sweetest
  • Dead Moon Rising
KB Alan lives the single life in Southern California. She acknowledges that she should probably turn off the computer and leave the house once in a while in order to find her own happily ever after, but for now she’s content to delude herself with the theory that Mr. Right is bound to come knocking on her door through no real effort on her own. Please refrain from pointing out the many flaws in th ...more
More about K.B. Alan...

Perfect Fit (3 books)
  • Perfect Alignment
  • Perfect Stranger (Perfect Fit, #2.5)

“Richard laughed at Caleb’s obvious attempt to not tell them what to do and piss
Taryn off again.”
0 likes
“He believed that they loved him. How could that be the easy part? It was
everything else that was complicated. Believing Richard loved him did not keep him
from being aware that the other man was holding back. Not in bed, not in trust, but
despite the love there was something there that Richard was not giving and it was time
to find out what that was.
And Taryn. Again, he fully believed she loved him and that she liked him as well,
liked spending time with him, with and without Richard, but she was very careful to
not spend every night with them. He hadn’t really noticed at first, because they all had
such different schedules. If she had a late closing it was easier for her just to go home
upstairs than to come to his or Richard’s house. Or she might be having a girls’ night
with her friends or babysitting for Petra, her friend from Richard’s office. Whatever it
was, somehow it ended up that she wasn’t with them at least two nights a week.
It wasn’t that he minded, exactly. He enjoyed the time spent with Richard, just as he
enjoyed the times he was alone with Taryn. Suspecting she was keeping her distance
intentionally, however, was another matter. This relationship shit was very annoying.
Usually he was in a relationship until it became annoying and then he wasn’t. This was
annoying but there was no way he wasn’t going to do whatever was necessary to fix it.
It was…annoying”