Start by marking “Leadership as an Identity: The Four Traits of Those Who Wield Lasting Influence” as Want to Read:
Leadership as an Identity: The Four Traits of Those Who Wield Lasting Influence

Leadership as an Identity: The Four Traits of Those Who Wield Lasting Influence

Ask yourself this question: What type of character qualifies the people God chooses to use?

The question itself assumes an atypical answer, simply because it leaves out so much. To ask only about one's character seems inadequate when defining a leader. We surely need to ask about character, but also about personality, communication skills, IQ, education, previous exp
Published January 1st 2009 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Leadership as an Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leadership as an Identity

Start your review of Leadership as an Identity: The Four Traits of Those Who Wield Lasting Influence
Zachary Hanje
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Thoroughly enjoyed this book on leadership. I pray I'll practice and exhibit the four traits Crawford lists!
Logan Maloney
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible book. This is one that I’m going to go back and read again and again through the years. Defines extremely well what it looks like to be a leader from a Biblical perspective. Crawford is an incredible writer and makes me want to read more of his books!
Eddie Williams
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
I first heard of Crawford Loritts at the Elephant room conference a few years back. He is an incredibly powerful speaker, that is to be sure, but sometimes that doesn't translate over into solid writing.

But For Crawford, it does translate just fine.

Leadership as an Identity is an excellent book, not about leadership principles or techniques, but about character imbedded deep into the leaders DNA. This book is as much on growing in Christlikeness as it is about leadership.
Mike Sechler
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Leadership book on my shelf

I have now read this book twice and I still consider it the best leadership book I have read. Loritts' emphasis on our identity in the Lord points us in the right direction for strength and purpose.

This book will be required reading for all leaders in my church from here on out. Character grounded in our identity in Christ is more important than talents and gifting for leaders in the church.
Mookie J
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very easy read, lot of good stuff about humility and right perspective on leading 3.5/5
Robin
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Good book overall, especially the focus on character and humility. Challenging at times too.Otherwise it is repetitive and missing the fuel of the Gospel as motivation (not just Jesus as a model, but as a Savior from the perils he describes and how that works out in one's life).
Francois Smith
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book - by far the most meaningful leadership book I have ever read. It flies in the face of conventional wisdom and is completely counter cultural. Highly recommendable for Christians in any kind of leadership role.
Andy Kline
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lots of leadership books out there. This one is unique. Practical, simple, biblical... you could also title it "leadership from the inside-out." I especially appreciated the chapters on sacrifice and serving.

If you want some encouragement, some focus sharpening, direction changing thoughts and you are a little tired of the corporate model, read this book.
Nathan Ellzey
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Outstanding and inspiring book on Christian leadership. this book is not about ways to lead. It's much deeper than that. It's about the heart and character of the leader. It should be required reading for all who believe and are in leadership positions or called to leadership.
Tony Maples
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on leadership I have read!
Matthew Melville
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
Great book on Biblical Leadership marked by servanthood!
BG Allen
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on spiritual leadership I have read - right up there with J. Oswald Sanders "Spiritual Leadership" in my opinion.
Amalaye
Great book on the nature of true leadership. In this book, there is nothing like steps to become a leader but rather the process of becoming one.
Dan
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True leadership

I enjoyed the depth this book provided in helping me to more fully understand the types of principles that true leaders are required to have.
Candice
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read many books on leadership, but this is the best one that I have read.
Doug Kohl
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I like it as a challenge to leadership from a Christian perspective.
Cherie Leatherman
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Not a book about leadership skills but something far more important...a book about the character of a leader. I highly recommend this book!
Andy Anderson
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A new look at leadership. Are you as a leader broken before God?
Richard
Dec 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Gospel Comes with a House Key
  • The Pleasures of God: Meditations on God's Delight in Being God
  • When People Are Big and God Is Small: Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man
  • Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was and Who God Has Always Been
  • Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
  • Gospel Fluency: Speaking the Truths of Jesus Into the Everyday Stuff of Life
  • The Hole in Our Holiness: Filling the Gap between Gospel Passion and the Pursuit of Godliness
  • Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God's Plan for the World
  • American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon
  • The Pursuit of God: The Human Thirst for the Divine
  • The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within
  • Spurgeon's Sorrows: Realistic Hope for those who Suffer from Depression
CRAWFORD LORITTS (B.S., D.Th., Philadelphia Biblical University; D.Div., Biola University) is the senior pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, Georgia. He has served as a national evangelist with the American Missionary Fellowship and the Urban Evangelistic Mission, and as Associate Director of Campus Crusade for Christ. He co-founded Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas. He is a fr ...more
“Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers; pray for powers equal to your tasks.” 0 likes
“God’s presence is the distinguishing characteristic of your leadership.” 0 likes