Start by marking “Horrible Harry and the Goog” as Want to Read:
Horrible Harry and the Goog

Horrible Harry and the Goog (Horrible Harry #18)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A secret teacher party is happening in the library, but who is the party for? Harry and Doug plan to find out, but when they discover Harry's pet cat, Googer, skulking around their classroom, they have to catch him before anyone else does! They chase The Goog all over school—even into places students (and cats) aren't allowed. Will the boys capture The Goog without being c ...more
Published September 21st 2006 by Puffin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Horrible Harry and the Goog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrible Harry and the Goog

Adrianna
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, elianna
Elianna's first chapter book, or as she called it-- "my big kid book." She loved it, and I was so proud that she not only sat through a book with chapters and limited images but that she enjoyed a series from my own childhood. Pretty good for a two and a half year old. I used to love this series, and she already checked out more books to read from the Horrible Harry series.
Lesley
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I read this with one of the reading groups in a first-grade classroom and I think I enjoyed it more than the students did. We all laughed out loud at so many parts of it - the aerosol can in the bathroom was probably our favorite funny part.

My only complaint is that I wasn't overly happy with the way the pages were set up space-wise. On practically every page, there was at least 1 or 2 words that had to be hyphenated and carried over to the next line and I noticed in our reading group that this
Dolly
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children beginning to read chapter books
This is another interesting story in the Horrible Harry series by Suzy Kline and Frank Remkiewicz. We've read several of the books in this series and found them to be funny, short, and entertaining.

This book features Harry and Doug chasing Harry's cat, Googer, all over the school. The story is short and entertaining and we really enjoyed reading it together. We will be sure to read more of the books in this series soon.
Kimberli
Nov 12, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: third graders
In Horrible Harry and the Goog, by Suzy Kline, Doug, Harry and his one-eyed cat named "Googer" go on a wild goose chase to find out why the school library is closed. The Goog leads Doug and Harry to the teacher’s lounge, the boiler room, and for one embarrassing moment the girl’s bathroom. Finally, the custodian puts a stop to all of Goog’s mischief and leads the kids back to the library where they discover what the secret is all about. Read this lovable tale to find out what happens to two best ...more
Marlee
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
My children both really enjoyed this Horrible Harry book. They are hoping that in another book we will find out what was left unknown in this book. My children especially liked that this one was about a cat, though they felt sorry for the Goog. This book was just as short and easy to read as the others we've read in this series. They are simple, yet fun for young children.
Christy
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader, popular
Ethan
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is really funny because Horrible Harry calls his cat, "The Goog" or Googie. One time his grandma comes over to his school to give out a cake because one of the teachers is getting married and so Horrible Harry has to wait outside of the doors. The Goog runs away and then he has this huge tour around the school. He even goes in the places that he's not supposed to.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, chapter-book
This has got to be one of my favorite Horrible Harry books. When Harry chases his cat through the school after hours, we get a good look in all the forbidden areas - the Teacher's Lounge and the Boiler Room. A fun story, with a really interesting twist at the end.
Grrrr
Oct 20, 2011 added it
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooed it.
Roosha
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sydney
Jan 13, 2004 rated it it was amazing
when the library closes at school an harry and his friend doug get to stay after school they soon know why the library was closed in the
mohsin arbi
Apr 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
Camgg
Camgo
Catherine Louise
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
my baby books: horrible harry series
zar
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was funny. They even went in the teacher's lounge!
Demi
Oct 22, 2008
Mikeala
Mar 31, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Back-to-School Fright from the Black Lagoon
  • Giants Don't Go Snowboarding (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #33)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • I Hate Rules!
  • Flat Stanley and the Firehouse
  • Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares
  • Maia of Thebes (Life and Times)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Nerdy Nephew
  • No More Magic
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion