Start by marking “More Digressions: A New Collection of "But I Digress" Columns (But I Digress, #2)” as Want to Read:

More Digressions: A New Collection of "But I Digress" Columns (But I Digress #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In "Chicks Digs Time Lords," a host of award-winning female novelists, academics and actresses come together to celebrate the phenomenon that is 'Doctor Who, ' discuss their inventive involvement with the show's fandom and examine why they adore the series.
These essays will delight male and female readers alike by delving into the extraordinary aspects of being a female '
Published July 7th 2009 by Mad Norwegian Press (first published June 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about More Digressions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Digressions

***Dave Hill
This is a long-awaited second volume collecting the best of Peter David's "But I Digress" column in Comic Buyer's Guide. David is almost always entertaining, occasionally poignant (such as his 9/11 commentary), and often thought-provoking, and his essays on various aspects of the comic book industry, anecdotes about conventions and fandom, and forays into politics, writing, and whatever strikes his mind, don't disappoint (even on those occasions where I disagree with him). Sorted topically, rath ...more
Steven
A solid read even when a lot of the material is more than 10 years old, Peter David's But I Digress columns in collected format are some of the better and more focused commentaries on comics, writing, and script writing I've found. This is a book worth reading even for non-comics fans simply for the look behind the scenes of business and writing for novels, comics, movies, tie-in work, etc.
Scott Springer
I just started in on this collection of Peter David's "But I Digress" columns. I haven't read any of David's recent comic book work, but since they had this book at the library I figured I'd give it a read. I will say the introduction by Harlan Ellison was quite good, as would be expected.
Jdetrick
I still enjoy these columns, although I'll admit that there's a lot of them grouped together at the end of the book that make Peter David seem very curmudgeonly. I think it would have split those columns a bit. But it's still good stuff and very enjoyable.
Michael
A largely engaging batch of essays on comics, creativity, free speech and Peter David's life and times - worthwhile for fans of his writing or fans of good essay writing.
Jery Schober
Jery Schober marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Jun 08, 2014
Staci
Staci added it
Apr 14, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2011
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2010
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

But I Digress (2 books)
  • But I Digress (But I Digress, #1)
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared X-Factor: The Longest Night Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18)