Start by marking “The Complete Circle Series (The Circle, #0-3)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Circle Series (The Circle, #0-3)

The Complete Circle Series (The Circle 0-3)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  1,629 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
More than a million readers have experienced the Circle series. Now, for the first time ever - and only for a limited time - they can dive deeper with a limited edition boxed set.

Included in this special collector's set is:
* Dekker's highly anticipated new novel Green
* New hardcover editions of Black, Red, and White - originally published in 2004 but long gone from shelves
Published August 31st 2009 by Thomas Nelson

Dustin
Rare is the story that takes readers out of this world and into another.

Rarer still the story that captures heart, soul, and mind...leaving the reader forever transformed.

This is that story.

Dive deep and enter the Circle.

The Circle is an epic story of evil and rescue, betrayal and love, and terrorist threat unlike anything the human race has ever known.

It beings when a man named Thomas hunter finds himself being chased down an alley after working the late shift at a coffee house. When a bullet
Rani Simpson
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: current-favorits
This series changed my life!! Ted Dekker is a poet, he writes with such conviction that you can't help but take every word to heart! This is and will forever be my favorite series! The characters are phenomenal! I love that story takes the creation of mankind and intermingles it with the end of times! The way he weaves the two realities together is flawless!! I also love that this series plays a part in so many of his other books! Like The Lost Books, The Paradise novels, House, Immanuels Veins, ...more
JoAnn Jordan
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished reading the first of the novels in this volume: Black. The story alternates between two realities with a great deal of action in each. Ted Dekker is a very skilled writer who captures and holds interest throughout. I am so glad I have all four books to read at once because waiting for them would be torture.

Finished reading the second of the novels in this volume: Red. The heroes in the story fight staggering odds to save both realities. Nothing is certain and there are many trials. I am
Kris Hunter
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was major fantasy which I don't read. It reminded me of the Matrix movie. I loved how the author had a great grasp on the love of God. The "Great Romance" is what I have been studying and this was a confirmation for me. It was a nice distraction. Some may not like how the evil is portrayed but to me this is how the supernatural realm and the enemy really work.
Yen-Yen
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this series, and for the most part I did. I got through one book but partway through the second in the series I had to quit. I haven't any other series by Ted Dekker and checkout all four books in this series at once anticipating my enjoyment. This series relies heavily on previous books and on the reader's knowledge of those previous books, events and people. For someone new coming in to this series, I constantly felt lost, left out or this overwhelming feeling of missin ...more
Mark Dakin
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When an author strives to awaken our minds to ideas and passions that we already know, we find that many fall short. Not that they don't write good literature, but that one needs to walk away and say that their actually life's have been changed because of it. I have read these books a few times and find that with each reading, I am challenged to go back to my own beliefs and see if there is passion.

What I see as sometimes bleak and sad, is that I have allowed something so personally passionate
Sally
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give the first three books of the circle series, "Black", "Red", and "White" 5 stars. I have not read 3 novels quite as hungrily...."Green" was so much more gory, and even though these 4 books are truly a circle series, I would highly recommend beginning with "Black." I was SO GLAD that I ended with "Green" even though the Kindle version started with it.
Overall, well written young-adult, Christian fiction. It is somewhere along the lines of Narnia meets the Lord of the Rings....a fantasy thril
Jeffrey Hendricks
Very good realization and imagery, bringing spiritual struggles into stark physical reality. Extremely creative and colorful writing. The books were written in a cyclical path, this particular collection starts with Black, but contains an alternate ending to Green if you wanted to start there. Overall, the series started off slowly, but the intensity ramps up continually until the ending/beginning. Overall, a great read, and a great twist on a timeless tale of redemption.
Brendan Drayazmore
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have actually only read Black and I thought it was a very entertaining story. Any story about a man who can go to sleep in one world and wake up in another is always gonna be an interesting story, but dieing in both world's and not knowing which world is real makes it very interesting! Black is definitely a book that keeps you on the edge of you seat.
Anna Tan
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
SO. I finally got through this 1.6K-page tome that weighs a tonne. And it only took me 4 months!
In terms of actual reading time, I read Black over the course of April/May (I think, or whenever I posted the update) and then I read Red, White, and half of Green in the span of 2 days, while travelling from Malaysia to America. And then I was at a conference, and then I finished up the last half of Green over an afternoon or two, in between vacationing. So it's not really 4 months... but I probably
Evelyn
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All four books were excellent! This is a series that is fast paced, takes you to another world, and leaves you with a lot to think about. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit and will definitely be reading it again.
Chris Clements
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series of books is a fight between good and evil. While C.S. Lewis had his Chronicles of Narnia, Dekker has the Circle series. There are similarities of man's fight between his thirst for God and the lures of evil. Truly a great read from beginning to end.
Rachel
Nov 12, 2012 added it
This series is Awesome... I highly recommend starting either with green, its tells more of the beginning I think. Or black works just as well, in all these books go into a circle, so wherever you start it will end in a circle. Pretty cool huh? I thought so...
Christina
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love this series. One of my favorites by Ted Dekker. I would definitely recommend, especially to someone who hasn't read anything by him yet. This is a good place to start.
Dive Deep.
Desiree
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I couln't read each page fast enouph! Wow what an author! I would love to see a movies made from this series.
Jess Erhart
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
goodness these were the best books i ever read, no exaggertaion!
Samantha
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked the Circle series a lot, they did have some very slow parts however. But neverless they were hard to put down and very addicting to read.
Rachel Malcolm
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are my favorite books of all so far. I was romanced, mesmerized, and smitten. My heart forever belongs to this series.
Joan Bergin nuzbach
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Very unusual but a compelling read. Makes you think! I read right through all four books.
Sarah Taleweaver
Overall rating: 3.5 stars.

This was the focus of my (Not So) Great Dekker Reread. (Not So) Great in that I only read my favorites of his books that I'd previously read and didn't bother with the ones where the suspense was the only thing that kept me going on them. Anyway.

In this volume, I read Black, Red, and White. I did not read Green, though I did read the alternate ending. More on that in a minute. All three books were good- but not as great as I remembered. Compared to some of the other boo
Mary
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually the entire 4 book series. I had already read (listened to) all 4 books but I wanted to read the alternate ending for book 4 in the series. The only way anyone can get the alternate ending is to get the entire 4 book series. I got it from the library, turned to near the end of book 4 and then read the two endings that Ted Dekker offers his readers. I definitely liked the alternate ending that is offered only in this 4 book option. I challenge everyone to read both endings to book ...more
Jennifer Frye
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-next
Note to reread....I remember this series being incredibly impactful and profound, but also long and complicated.
brian littles
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This is an incredible series. I started reading the first book and kept going through the entire series. The portrayal of evil was a work of art.
Nora Kremer Seville
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I first I was very confused, but after reading I began to enjoy it. I tried Book Zero first and to really understand you need to read Book One.
Amanda Dawabsheh
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic series. It was very well-written and engaging. I highly recommend it.
William Boothe
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great series. Although they were recommended to me several times, I never read them individually as Elyon intended. I only read them in this set and thoroughly enjoyed them. They were not at all what I expected and were a pleasant break from the cookie-cuttered fiction that riddles our electronic shelves these days.

The story is fast paced for the most part and I got through the whole series in about two weeks. I am assuming (but too lazy to look) that this set is the one wi
Paige
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I feel like I ought to justify my reasons for not giving this series five stars--it was very action-packed, chock-full of twists and turns, and very well thought out. It is not for those who are irritated by a constant swinging back and forth between two worlds/dimensions/times/however you want to think of it. I enjoyed the ride, the symbolism, and the (VERY obvious and not at all hard to pick out) focus on the struggle between good and evil, even the focus on Christianity and a relatio ...more
Teresa
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
These were the first books I had read by Ted Dekker (I've since read many more). They were good enough that I went out and bought a copy of the series afterwards.

Some of Ted Dekkers books I find a little TOO dark for my taste but most are brilliant and this is one of the brilliant series. You have a choice whether to read Book 0: Green as the first or the last book in the series. I read it last. I'm not sure which would be better. It is the darkest of the books and, to be honest, I feel like if
michelle
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a very good series and every time read a ted dekker

He pulls you in and wow this was just as page turning thriller and characters are believable as thomas Hunter series wow and the 2 worlds and the evil and good and the love and the l9st And really good message in all of it ... Wow Thomas Hunter was believable and sucks you in and don't want put the books down !!
Wendy
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
For some reason, I thought this series was in my "to read" list. So when B&N had an awesome deal on the whole series ebook, I jumped at it. Then I realized that I had confused it with something else.

When I noticed that Circle is technically classified as "Christian," I thought I had most certainly wasted my money on some preachy drivel. Luckily, I have found it to be neither preachy nor complete drivel. (At this point, I'm 12 chapters into the second book.)

If you are a Christian, I'm sure yo
  • Frank Peretti Value Pack: Prophet/Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness
  • Haunt of Jackals (Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy #2)
  • Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War 3-Book Boxed Set: The Red Queen, The White Queen, and The Lady of the Rivers
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Retribution (Lost Souls #1)
  • The Rift (Rootless, #2)
  • Believed Violent
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Martians in Maggody (Arly Hanks, #8)
  • House of Glass
  • The Bone House (Bright Empires, #2)
  • Pearl
  • Birmingham Rose
  • Made of Honor
  • Honor's Reward (Rocky Mountain Legacy, #5)
  • Riven
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

The Circle (4 books)
  • Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1)
  • Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2)
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3)
“Maybe he does show himself to us, but we don’t see. Maybe it’s not our senses that are the problem, but our minds.” 1 likes
“He did change history. He did, he did!” Gabil hopped again, twice, lost his footing, and toppled to the floor. He bounded to his feet and did a little jig of sorts. “Ha! It’s fascinating! It’s magnicalicious!” “Please, settle down. That’s not even a word.” “Why not?” Gabil said. “If Thomas can change history, I think I have the right to change a few words.” 1 likes