Start by marking “Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)” as Want to Read:
Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)

Keep It Movin'

(Drama High #8)

A YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers

South Bay High's Jayd Jackson finally has her own ride, but that sure doesn't mean her troubles are over. . .

These days, Jayd just can't seem to get a break. Her car is more trouble than it's worth; her girl Mickey is being forced to attend continuation school; and Rah and his ex Sandy are still arguing.

Despite these
Published June 1st 2009 by Dafina Books (first published January 1st 2009)

Start your review of Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
Moni
Mar 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama-high
South Bay High’s Jayd Jackson finally has her own ride, but that sure doesn’t mean her troubles are over...

These days, Jayd just can’t seem to get a break. Her car is more trouble than it’s worth; her girl Mickey is being forced to attend continuation school; and Rah and his ex Sandy are still arguing.

Despite these distractions, Jayd concentrates on making potions for hair and developing her own signature braid technique, which is getting her a lot of respect and money. But then school starts up
Morriscia Morris
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Compton girl that is struggling with the new car that her cheap father got her. Jade has to work a job in order to pay for her own car to be running properly. While her boyfriend Rah is still trying to gain custody of his baby girl and handle the promiscuous and bad habits of his alcoholic mother.
As Jayd is now officially over her ex, Jeremy, she focuses on her heritage, family and friends. However, conflicts still arise in her life, Jayd has to barrier the emotional roller coaster of her
Lisa
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The holidays are coming closer and Jayd has her new car. It's not a Cadillac but it is good enough for her. Meanwhile, Mickey is having some baby drama and Jayd is trying her hardest to stay out of it. Sandy, Rah's baby mama is being as nasty as she can toward Jayd cause she is always with Rah, and Rahmina.
I can make a text to world connection. There are a lot of teenage pregnancies, and when Tre, Rah, and Nigel get into a gun fight Jayd is really ticked off, Nigel gets shot in the arm and is
Aaliyah Griswold
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Ive read part of the book, but i never finished it because i became lazy. The book felt real.
Tullah
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book was liike OMG It was Real qood L.Divine Did Her Thiinq Wiff Thiis One Props To Her.
Zykeirabeach
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i realy like the book
Monet Landers
Trying mange school, friendships, family, relationship, and the start of your career can be quite overwhelming for a young teenage, but lucky for Jayd she doesn’t let the drama stop her from pursuing her destiny. “Drama High: Keep It Movin”, which is apart of a series, written by L. Divine. The genre of the novel is drama.

“Drama high: Keep It Movin” takes place in modern-day Los Angeles in Compton, California. Other settings that scenes took place were at school and Mama Lynn Mae’s house. The
Mariah Thompson
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kelly
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Quick read. Not classic literature, but is similar to the other books in the series.
Alexis
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought it was a very interesting book. Especially the beginning of the story. The part where they were at dinner was the most intense part for me. Because Mama was meeting her daughters (Jayd's mom) boyfriend for the first time. Jayd had brought over her white friend for mama to meet. Then all of a sudden, things get serious when Mama is held at hostage. That was probably my favorite part of the book.

I think it could have been more intenser throughout the book, just instead of bits and
Anaizhje
Dear Ms. L.Divine,
I love the book keep it movin’. Jayd Jackson and I are just alike. I love her spunky attitude. Drama high series is like the best series I know. Ive been reading this series since the ending of 7th grade. One thing I also like is that is that I can relate. I also like that the characters are like real people. Another thing I like is that the mother can communicate with jayd using telepathy. My mom and I cant do that but she can easily finish my sentences. Keep writing!
Bless
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. It always reminds you that you can move on, ignore the haters live life and always get your grind on. I love reading this series, a lot more books to go. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a very good humor, romance, spells, power all in once. It also includes some Yoruba which I enjoy a lot. Mama and Jayd have a very strong relationship. When a girl has guys to choose from, she takes a very big and stron choice and chooses the right man. A broken old car can only take ...more
Nakeya smith
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this book is really good like i could not stop reading it .It about this girl name jade and she have her own ride and it keep giving her trouble and she ask her dad and ex to fix it .She goes back out with rah rah and him and his ex girl friend keep arguing and having fights because they have a child.Her mother taught her how to make the posions. and from their she been making posions for her hair
Satorie Summers
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Keep It Movin is about Jade. A Compton girl that is struggling with the new car that her cheap father got her. Jade has to work a job in order to pay for her own car to be running properly. While her boyfriend Rah is still trying to gain custody of his baby girl and handle the promiscuousness and bad habits of his alcoholic mother.

208 Pages!
Shaya Hudson
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ms. L.Divine has done it again, another great book for the Drama High Series. This book really showed the turning point of Jayed's (main character)life just becoming complicated. This book makes me want to read the whole series and more books by L.Divine.
prettyfacekay
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a girl and a boy is dating and they break up but the boy she was single but she had a back up if they do break up and the boy was mad but he had to think twice and he said he's going to move on
Jonathanmaysonet
what i learned from this book is depend on your self instead of waiting for people that gonna give you something.this book is about high school females getting pregnant at a young age and living a young life.
Litzie
Dec 15, 2015 added it
This book is talking about a girl the have so many problems in her school year. She gets famous and star getting a lot of money and then the drama start. I recommend this books because is interesting and talks about teenager life.
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jayd's making money from braiding hair and we all know about the crazy car her father got. What's up with that? Dealing with Rah's drama is just too much. Sandy is crazy and needs to let him take care of that poor baby. It was an over all great read. Love L. Divine.
Breyana Respress
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A Nissan really well she did what she had to do she didn't want it so she put if back where she found it
Goldenbrooks
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
omg this book was so amazing...but i wish i had enough money to by the next one....well until next time...and i suggest that all young woman go out and read the series
Rayzin
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Alot have people tried to stop her on her whay to the top but she kept on movin ad suceeded even when she found was to slip she got right back up.
Michelle
May 31, 2010 rated it liked it
this was not the best one but most definitly great
Olivia Owens
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
At one point in life all you can do is keep it moving and that's what she does in this part of the series
Sandra Dean
OMG can someone help what do i click to read a book
Im Jasmine
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
it is a good book so far and i want to read more of the books
Shante Johnson
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this book,the series is amazing!! They get better and better!!!!
Amanda
Aug 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
All kinds of new drama without a happy ending. A crappy car that is a sad attempt at a present. Jayd and Rah. Jayd and Jeremy. Lots of shopping and baby clothes.
Kemanne Smith
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this is an alright book. I just would not read it
Antoinette Mcbride
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
love this book series l. divine is the best author ever
predictions 3 22 Sep 24, 2014 02:42PM
drama high 2 2 Sep 24, 2014 02:41PM

• Shortie Like Mine  (Shortie Like Mine #1)
  • Hot Girl
  • Like Sisters on the Homefront
  • So Not The Drama (Del Rio Bay Clique, #1)
  • Kendra
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)
  • Shrink to Fit
  • Dirty Jersey
  • Hip-Hop High School
  • The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)
  • Lesson Learned (Keysha, #3)
  • Ruby in the Sky
  • The Marble Queen
  • Until Tomorrow, Mr. Marsworth
  • Dreamsleeves
  • The Creature of the Pines (The Unicorn Rescue Society, #1)
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.

Drama High (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)
“It’s a lot of real G’s doing time/ Cause a groupie bit the truth and told a lie.” —TUPAC” 7 likes