Start by marking “The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love” as Want to Read:
The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love

The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love (The Note #2)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Newspaper columnist Peyton MacGruder has returned to her job after covering the story of an ill-fated Pan World flight. Having recently discovered Christine, the daughter she gave up to an adoption agency nineteen years ago, she is reluctant to commit to the handsome sportswriter Kingston Danville. She feels she owes it to Christine to set her love life aside and make up f ...more
Published April 16th 2009 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Note II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Note II

Lyndi
Aug 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Again, book better than the movie. And not sure why the movie had to change the daughters name. Even though author addressed it, it was just weird! this to me was almost a novella, not real long and rushed. it could have been better, and I cant put my finger on what. Maybe just her not wanting to marry the man of her dreams, cause a daughter that she just met MAY not agree. It would be pretty selfish of an 18 yr old to demand her mom not have a life.
Renee
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
After giving five stars to The Note, I am sorry to say I am only giving three to the sequel. Unfortunately it was not written to be a sequel to the book but rather to a Hallmark Channel movie of the same name. Hunt changed a character's name as well as the location to match the movie and the story just didn't have the same quality as the original.
Joan Arning
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Widow and newspaper columnist Peyton's first marriage was less than perfect so she is afraid to take a chance on marriage to King. King and Peyton are well-written main characters. Eve is a great secondary character who writes to Peyton regarding one of her columns. A friendship of sorts develops between Eve and Peyton which has great influence on Peyton's decisions. I had a hard time getting into the book in the beginning but it turned out to be a great story.
Debbie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
It pains me to only give two stars to a book by Angela Hunt, who is one of my favorite authors, but when I realized that this is the novelization of a movie which is a sequel to a movie based on a book of hers - I felt better about it. I thought the story was so-so, hence the two starts. Angela's writing, as always, was very good.
Ruth
Apr 15, 2009 rated it liked it
I guess I was bound to be disappointed, as much as I loved The Note, but I was hoping Angela Hunt could write a sequel that I would love as much as the original. Unfortunately, she did not. She wrote a Hallmark movie--sappy sweet, cast with beautiful people and all tied up with a bow at the end. I can't say much about plot details without them being a spoiler either for this book or for The Note, so I won't say much except that the main character is a newspaper columnist whose column is titled H ...more
Leah
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
The Note was one of Hallmark's most popular movies so they wanted a sequel. Angela Hunt had not written a sequel, but they created a screenplay anyway. Hunt then created a novel based on the screenplay. This is more of a sequel to the Hallmark movie rather than the novel. That explains the differences.

Like the previous movie but unlike the previous book, the story is set in Middleborough, NC at the Middleborough Times. Peyton MacGruder is still The Heart Healer. In the book she was given a two w
Elizabeth Ray
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
This might get 2.5 stars. I haven't read the first book for years, so I had forgotten most of it. I don't know if that influenced my reading of the second book or not. This book is kind of interesting because it's a sequel to the movie more than to the book. Angela explains in her afterword that she changed a name and location, but that's it. I wish that explanation had been in the beginning of the book, though. I could see how people could get confused if they'd just read the first book. This s ...more
Tima
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Peyton receives a letter one day that helps to change her prospective on life. She goes to meet the letter writer and finds the meeting to be unsettling and confusing. Can she juggle her new found daughter and boyfriend without hurting someone? Could it be possible that her approach to love is all wrong? Take a short journey with Peyton as she discovers what love is really about.

I have not read the first book or watched the movie (or movies). So I started the book feeling a little confused. The
Annalisa
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice love story spanning two intertwining between a 1960's Vietnam War love story and that of Peyton and King. Peyton is a journalist who has been dating one of the editors Kingston Danville who is in her eyes the perfect man but she does not feel worthy of his marriage proposal. She is also trying to build a relationship with her 18 year daughter that she gave up at birth while King is having his own struggles with a college age son who wants to change from baseball to art. When one ...more
Donna
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Angela Hunt books, this was no exception, Peyton had a lot of issues to sort through before she accepted Kingston's proposal. Eve added to those issues, but it all worked out for both of them.
Elaine
Aug 21, 2013 added it
Loved it. Great series.
Mazzou B
Nov 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Don't recommend reading books like this. It was in our house to resell, and I got distracted by it and read most of it. ;P
It's not bad, but the Christian message is vague.
Alaina
Aug 18, 2015 marked it as to-read
I have not seen the movie but I am looking forward for reading the book. Hope it is good. I does look good.
Margaret Chind
This is anther one that I have not read, but saw the film and really liked it. This is a neat one for connecting the present with the past and happy endings are possible all around.
Kimberly Patterson
I wish I could give this book three and a half stars. Not nearly as moving as The Note, but it was still a very good book.
Rachel
It's a good story and I enjoyed the movie. I just don't tend to care for books based on movies... it feels like I'm reading a movie, not a book.
Shirley Brosius
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A heartwarming story about the consequences of following your heart versus your head.
Hunter
Feb 19, 2010
Kris Kehr
Jan 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Christy-Award winner Angela Hunt writes for readers who have learned to expect the unexpected in novels from this versatile author. With over three million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 100 works ranging from picture books (The Tale of Three Trees) to novels.

Now that her two children have reached their thirties, Angie and her husband live in Florid
More about Angela Elwell Hunt