Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 27” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 27

Bleach, Volume 27

(Bleach #27)

Goodbye, Halcyon Days
Orihime's return from the Soul Society is interrupted by the Arrancar Ulquiorra, who has a different, terrifying path for her. Using duplicitous tactics, Ulquiorra convinces Orihime to accompany him to Hueco Mundo, which brands her as a traitor in the Soul Society's eyes and therefore unworthy of rescue. Ichigo refuses to abandon his friend, and sets o
Published June 2nd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 27, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 27

Start your review of Bleach, Volume 27
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
The stakes are high again with Orihime at the heart of an incident that will crank up the tension for everyone. This story arc offers her the chance to express her feelings far more than ever as the evil reigning in Hueco Mundo finds her powers interesting.

The OG squad also assemble in hopes of saving her and it is a moment of blissful joy. I can't wait to see them each get the chance to showcase the improvements in their new powers and their newly-found determination and purpose in life.

Yours
Christina
I just have fallen in love with this series. For me each page just keeps getting better. It makes me glad I am an avid reader junkie. I can stay awake for hours just reading this series. This volume was great the art was nice and the action really drew my attention.
Nonah
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED it as much at the others, but Orihime, why this? 😕
Ben Truong
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Bleach, Vol. 27 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next nine chapters (234–242) of the on-going manga series.

Under orders from Sōsuke Aizen, Ulquiorra Cifer demands Orihime Inoue to leave with him or he would kill all her friends. She is forced to comply and is given twelve hours to say goodbye to one person while wearing a bracelet that makes her invisible.

Meanwhile, Toshiro Hitsugaya defeats Luppi Antenor while Ichigo Kurosaki is overwhelmed by Grimmjow Jaegerjaque
Blue
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gahh this is killing me! So amazing
MissAnnThrope
03 December 2012

YES!! *happy dance*

description

(view spoiler)

'Nuff said.

Bleach, Volume 27: Goodbye, Halcyon Days just made me really, really happy. (view spoiler)

I can't wait for th
Are shaped alike
The third
Because of that eye we lack
In the fourth
Direction there is no hope
The fifth
Is at the heart

- Battle withdrawn
- Goodbye, halcyon days
- "I'm sorry... Stay far away from me."
- Six replaces six
- "Now it's our turn."
M.D. Williams
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Given that Manga, and especially Shonen is split up into bigger arcs as composed to volumes I will be analyzing and reviewing this by Arc. I also reread this manga over the span of 2 months, some days reading as much as 100 chapters a day. It would be quite tedious for me to review each 7-8 chapter volume. So this will be copy and pasted throughout all of the 72 manga volumes. That being said, if you're looking at this without having viewed the series...spoiler warning. I don't recap anything, b ...more
Kassilem
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another big turning point in the novels. Orihime has been kidnapped, even though it looks like she went of her own free will and the Soul Society has forbidden a rescue mission. Ichigo is having none of it however, and ignores the commands and plans to leave himself. Orihime's feelings for Ichigo are outlined in this novel, finally, and you know there are going to be some spectacular fight scenes coming up. Still going strong.
Cathi
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite volumes in the series. Bonds of friendship stretched and tested, the beginning of inevitable confrontations, and Five Lifetimes, One Love. Goodbye, Halcyon Days.

At this point, recommended for fans of the series. It's too far down the rabbit hole for the casual reader to pick up and know what the hell is going on.
Chris Carrescia
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like volume twenty seven because it it the first time we actually get to see Waco Mundo, which is where my favorite fight/scene happens, but unfortunately that is not for about twenty more volumes. I also like how we get a great scene of Orihime healing Grimmjow just for hime to instantly destroy the Espada who was created to replace him.
Henry
Brilliant
R Z
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, z2019-all, z2019-3
Oh no, Orihime! 3/4 of the gang are back together at least.
DonutKnow
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hera (wandering.deity)
I was really interested with the training and Ichigo's other self. The training itselt was indeed mindblowing in my opinion and I enjoyed it so much. AND I HARE ORIHIME WITH BURNING PASSION
Peter
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it was bad because the boy and the girl didn´t kiss
Katelyn Walz
THE FEELZ ARE REAL IN THIS VOLUME
Sophia F
Sara
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Robert Beveridge

Tite Kubo, Bleach: Good-Bye, Halcyon Days (ViZ, 2001)

With the arrancar threat running ahead of schedule, the head of the Soul Society decides to withdraw his troops to the Soul Society itself rather than worry about Karakura. Orihime, training with Rukia in the Soul Society, is dispatched back to the human world—but is kidnapped by Ulquiorra on the way. Without any hope of Soul Society help, Ichigo decides he needs to take on Orihime's rescue himself. A welcome return to form in this volume, and
Ash
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the more haunting, sad stories in Bleach. I have always had a soft spot for Orihime because even though I like Rukia, Orihine has been madly in love with Ichigo from day one & he of course, has no clue. He does seem to notice Rukia, however. I have always wanted Ichigo to end up with Orihime & Rukia with Chad. Also, Ulquuiora(sp) starts becoming much more of a major character in this volume, and his character is definitely one of the most memorable of this Arc of Bleach. Plus I love the t ...more
Holly Fetter
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hoo boy, so much going on in this one. Tatsuki finally confronts Ichigo, he picks absolutely the wrong thing to say to her and she punches him right through a window. He should know not to mess with her. Orihime has been abducted, Chad and Uryû have super trained, Ichigo and Uryû's dads have a chitchat...so much going on...all of it awesome...but Orihime's goodbye to Ichigo-that killed me. I kept hoping Ichigo would wake up..hit me in the feels.
Jeffrey
Grr.. I'm giving this three stars because it's well done and has at least one great "This shit just got real" moment, but the plot is basically recycling the last arc's, but with different window dressing.

I'm pretty much just reading this for the backstory now. The main plot is getting tiresome.
Soul
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
well once you get the idea of the whole concept i.e Soul Society, Shinagami etc...
you will finish one volume within an hour. i mean it is that addictive. talk about a page turner.
it is a great experience to read this series. the whole concept is neatly implemented.

there r lot's of twists and turns to keep you hooked to this series.

so all in all Worth 4.5 stars out of 5.
M. Ashraf
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bleach
That's why they were building up/making a fuss about her powers!!!
Another kidnapping :/ and another rescue mission, I didn't get the whole traitor thing -_- and by now you kindda get that Soul Society isn't a very good place!!!
At least this volume was much better than the previous one... we get another purpose for another campaign out side the normal world and into the world of Hollows :)
Jezreel Garcia
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bleach is my all time favorite manga, and this volume held so much emotion between characters that I just find myself wanting to re-read or re-watch the scenes in this volume. I was barely able to buy my own copy, and you bet I'm gonna read it again!
jaslyn t.
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was probably my least favourite orihime moment. I felt so bad for her (unrequited love sucks!! I'm so sorry honey :( but at the same time....... uryuu??? what about him?????) but I That Scene made my insides crawl.

speaking of uryuu: his reaction to hearing about hime's capture. MY. HEART.

• ONE PIECE 91 (One Piece, #91)
  • ONE PIECE 93 (One Piece, #93)
  • ONE PIECE 84 (One Piece, #84)
  • ONE PIECE 86 (One Piece, #86)
  • ONE PIECE 83 (One Piece, #83)
  • ONE PIECE 85 (One Piece, #85)
  • Naruto 39: 動き出す者たち [Ugokidasu Mono-Tachi] 〈ナルト 巻ノ39〉
  • ONE PIECE 90 (One Piece, #90)
  • ONE PIECE 88 (One Piece, #88)
  • One Piece, Volume 65: To Nothing (One Piece, #65)
  • Naruto, Vol. 47: The Seal Destroyed (Naruto, #47)
  • ONE PIECE 64 (One Piece, #64)
  • ONE PIECE 82 (One Piece, #82)
  • One Piece, Volume 66: The Road Toward the Sun (One Piece, #66)
  • ONE PIECE 81 (One Piece, #81)
  • ONE PIECE 80 (One Piece, #80)
  • Naruto, Vol. 40: The Ultimate Art (Naruto, #40)
  • ONE PIECE 69 (One Piece, #69)
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01

The third
Because of that eye we lack
In the fourth
Direction there is hope
The fifth Is at the heart
-Orihime Inoue”