Start by marking “Superstar DJs Here We Go!: The Rise and Fall of the Superstar DJ” as Want to Read:
Superstar DJs Here We Go!: The Rise and Fall of the Superstar DJ

Superstar DJs Here We Go!: The Rise and Fall of the Superstar DJ

"It was about larging it. It was about pulling out a wad of 20s when you were buying your champagne at the bar. It was about buying your cocaine in an eight ball. It was about wearing designer clothes. At that top tier of that club scene, it was about giving it loads."

With a foreword by music journalist, Miranda Sawyer, Superstar DJs Here We Go! is the full, unexpurgated s
Published March 5th 2009 by Ebury Press (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Superstar DJs Here We Go!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superstar DJs Here We Go!

Start your review of Superstar DJs Here We Go!: The Rise and Fall of the Superstar DJ
Александр Шушпанов
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: music, history
Книга об интересных фактах из биографии некоторых знаменитых людей c британской клубной сцены 90-х, треки которых до сих пор звучат из ваших стереосистем и персональных проигрывателей. Ещё одно доказательство того, что в 90-е клубная культура докатывалась до России с опозданием минимум на три года. Доказательство того, что многие клубные вещи в результате восприятия потребителем воспринимаются не так, как изначально задумывалось автором. Да и чёрт с этим.

Не покупайте русский вариант (ISBN 978-5-
Dean Millson
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read this down on the beach over a couple if days on my honeymoon. Dom pieces together a well written and entertaining (his)story tracing the highs and then the lows of dance music, its stars and its culture. A great read for anyone who was a part of it in some way, either on the dance floor or in the DJ booth.
Caroline Juskus
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I bought this project for an assignment on female DJs. I am giving it one star as it did mention female DJs, which was a step up from other books which seem to brush off the fact that women do DJ and very successfully. However, women only appear in a chapter entitled Random Birds, Meterosexuals and Trannies and then the references are to girls dancing round handbags, a beautiful black girl in dreads saying @I've got the hots for you,' ;fluffy bra tops, heels and hotpants; women dressing in sexua ...more
Alexander
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Entertaining skim over the successes and excesses of superstar DJs and clubland culture of the 90s. Light and nostalgic read for anybody that experienced this era. However, the perspective comes across as rather England-centric and the book could have done with more fact checking and editing. For example, suggesting the Glasgow club night Colours was an ‘Edinburgh club night’ or that the ‘Trainspotting’ film name was inspired solely by the act of watching trains. Would also have been interesting ...more
Carl Rush
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book but I wish I had read it a few years ago (bit out of date now and could have done with an update to the current state of dance music)
Marc
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A reminder of the heady days of clubbing and DJing in the post acid house days of the 1990s.
Really interesting to read about the rise and fall of the superstar DJs and superclubs.
Tom Emm