Start by marking “Sacrifice (Rogue Angel #18)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (Rogue Angel #18)

Sacrifice (Rogue Angel #18)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  392 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Bearers of the swordOn assignment in the Philippines, archaeologist Annja Creed meets with a contact to verify some information. Easy enough. But when the man doesn't turn out to be whom he said he was, Annja finds herself handcuffed, blindfolded and kidnapped. And to make matters worse, she's a prisoner of the dreaded Abu Sayyaf, a notorious terrorist group.

Desperate to e
Published May 5th 2009 by Gold Eagle (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Shelley
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
In the 18th installment of the Rogue Angel series, Annya Creed, our archaeologist and host of Chasing History's Monsters, is in the Philippines when she is mistakenly kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf, an AL Qaeda terrorist branch who loves to behead their victims.

Annya makes a daring escape, only to find herself being hunted down by the ruthless leader Agamemnon, who is really a chinese intelligence officer.

Along the way, she meets Gunnery SGT Vic Gutierrez, a USMC sniper who is in the Philippines on a m
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
This was the longest escape from the jungle I have ever read / watched. The entire book was Annja and a Marine Sniper trying to escape the jungle and evade the bad guys. Who, by the way, the sniper was trying to take out. I guess this particular jungle would hinder one's attempt at escape as it is haunted by the Moro warriors who worship a gianormous man-eating crocodile named Jajuba. So I will forego any more complaining on the subject. It was entertaining which is exactly what I have come to e ...more
Kathy Davie
Dec 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: military, fantasy, action
Robert Morse
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best episodes yet

This story, although the beginning was a little odd, (I mean, she STARTED OUT in captivity...), it was all Annja and no Roux or Garin. Nice for a change. I would like learn more about the Sword's origins and abilities. I hope that, as I read subsequent episodes, more will be revealed. Great writing, Alex. Don't stop.
Aileen
Mar 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book's a whole lot better than the previous book in the series. The pace and the theme was back to how it was written before. And the description of how the baddies torture their captives was quite graphic it made me cringe when I read it. Overall it was nicely written. I couldn't put the book down until I was done it!
Cindy
Jun 14, 2014 added it
Enjoyed it. Saddened at the end tho. Was happy to see one of the original supporting characters make a return. Hopefully I'll see more in the next book. I just thank my lucky stars I'm not some reincarnated deity.
Vanda Bromwich
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This Annja Creed storey takes place deep in the jungles of the Philippines. A good story with not as much reliance on the sword and fighting as some of the others.
Mickey Reed
Dec 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2010
Might there actually be a lasting relationship from this book?? I have no more to listen to yet, so I guess it'll be a while before we find out.
TinKeyLee
Beth
May 19, 2012
Angela Nichols
Apr 25, 2013
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra #2)
  • Afterlight (Last Light, #2)
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Rx for Chaos
  • Bound (Little Goddess, #3)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Sara's Mates (Sugar Creek #3)
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
  • Chicago Wipe-Out (The Executioner, #8)
  • Waking the Dead (Laying a Ghost, #3)
  • Three Novels of Ancient Egypt: River God / The Seventh Scroll / Warlock
  • Conquest (Kydd Sea Adventures, #12)
  • The Mountain of Adventure and The Ship of Adventure: Two Great Adventures
  • The Undead Kama Sutra (Felix Gomez, #3)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Dectra Chain (Deathlands, #7)
  • Pirate (Stratton, #7)
  • DropZone: Terminal Velocity
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...

Rogue Angel (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)
  • Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)
  • The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3)
  • The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4)
  • Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)
  • The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)
  • God of Thunder (Rogue Angel #7)
  • Secret of the Slaves (Rogue Angel #8)
  • Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Rogue Angel #10)