Start by marking “Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality

Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality

Awaken your psychic powers, talk to nature, and hear her reply. Nature intuitive Clea Danaan gives lessons in building psychic awareness and communicating with plants, trees, and nature spirits. This rewarding connection with nature offers healing, renewal, knowledge of your life purpose, and a spiritual oasis in a chaotic world.

Each chapter features meditations, journal e
Published March 8th 2009 by Llewellyn Publications (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Voices of the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voices of the Earth

Start your review of Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality
Jessica Gadziala
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Well, let me start by saying that I really enjoyed this. I have read far too many books in the "New Age" genre that had the author coming off as arrogant and exclusionary... and insist that if you don't have tools A, B and C and do this ritual in this exact order... that you aren't going to connect with the Universe or bring about what you are looking for.

This is not the case with Clea Danaan. She comes off as extremely humble and grounded and interested not exactly on TEACHING the reader, but
SA
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely book, very emotive and with some strong guided meditations and guides for spiritual practice in like with Danaan's modality. The one dark spot for me was that the book was rife with unquestioned privilege, particularly the financial privilege of access to nature and the ableism of access to nature. This was originally published in 2009, which I realize is -- stars! -- ten years ago, but '09 is well within the margin of contemporary expectations of inclusivity.

Danaan does offer
Karen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was not connecting with her action items. Not judging, I think Ms. Danaan must be way more in tune with her natural surroundings than I am. The meditations were new to me in that they set a guided scene.
AnandaTashie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, non-fic
I read half of this book fully, then mainly the exercises / activities of the last half. It was written in a kind, approachable tone, encouraging people along their path to green spirituality with simple exercises and prompts to explore and connect more deeply. A lot is geared toward beginners, but can still be useful nudges for those who aren't so new to it all.

Some reminders:

p27, "Where do you carry emotions?" "Do any memories arise as you tune in to different parts of your body?"

p 36, Consci
Eli
Oct 30, 2009 marked it as abandoned
I read the first 40 pages of this book and am returning it to the library today, so I don't feel justified in giving it an actual rating. But I read the first 40 pages and am returning it to the library, which tells you something about my feelings about it.

I wanted to love this book. But in just 40 pages, we have Danaan spending pages telling us how psychic she is, discredited psuedoscience presented as evidence of how psychic abilities work, and the insistence that 1) every member of the plant,
Spider Goddess
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I rather enjoyed reading this book. The author has a sweet, simple way of writing that goes very well with the messages she is imparting. The information itself is very elementary, but I feel that is what she intended, for this book to be an introduction. If you are new to the idea of an earth-based spirituality, and want to learn how to connect more fully with the planet, in all of her splendor, this is a good book for you.
Korinn Hawkins
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This book had some really good parts and some parts that didn't hold my interest. I felt it was well worth the read for the good parts.
Bridget
Sep 20, 2009
Aline Mariah
Jul 28, 2012
Clea Danaan
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
D M
Nov 23, 2017
Jodi Rogers
Feb 10, 2015
Nicole
Mar 19, 2017

• Hoist the Jib (Moody & the Ghost #4)
  • Jack & Louisa: Act 1
  • Jack & Louisa: Act 3
  • Jack & Louisa: Act 2
My ecospiritual books grew out of a winding path, from my childhood in the Pacific Northwest and integral studies at Fairhaven College, on to massage school and Reiki training, and then graduate studies in Wisdom Traditions, somatic psychology, education, and creative writing. My dream is that all people would find their soul work, which heals people and our fellow earthlings on many levels. Visit ...more