Start by marking “Anonymous” as Want to Read:
Anonymous

Anonymous

Unknown is in prison for fraud. Ambiguous is in prison for murder. And Stud is in prison for, well, no one really knows for sure. To pass the time, the prisoners tell stories to each other. They do this to avoid going insane. The facts and fictions often get misconstrued with each inmate attempting to one up each other so that his story is the most dynamic of them all. Whe ...more
Published December 27th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anonymous

Rebecka
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read_in_english
3,5 stars.

Gritty, crude literature about some seemingly randomly "thrown together" inmates who gather around the toilet bowl in their respective cells to tell each other things through the pipes. Confessions, of a sort, or just random sharing. For the longest time, I wondered what the connecting tissue of the set-up really was, but don't worry, it does become clear.

I enjoyed reading this book. Up until 70%, the pages just flew by without effort. Then something happened. I'm not sure what, but
N.C. Lagrimas
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
First off, thanks to Jason Tanamor for sending me a copy of this novel for review. I will try to be honest about it.

Anonymous is all about prisoners telling each other stories of their lives and crimes through the toilets, the drainage pipes carrying the sound to their cells. There is a conman, a scammer, an owner of a strip club, a pedophile, a stalker, a guy who has had sex with 150 women.

It's about as disgusting as it gets. Yet the brutal honesty with which this novel is told--where no shor
David Heath
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I picked up 'Anonymous' during my first venture into the Goodreads world. I jumped into a group for my favorite genre, transgressive fiction, and Jason Tanamor stood out to me as an active member. I looked at his collection of books that he had written, and of them, the synopsis for 'Anonymous' seemed the most interesting.

The book is a collective conversation between inmates in a prison who communicate through the plumbing in the building by draining their toilets and shouting. As a narrative de
Kasey Little
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Anonymous" is about a bunch of prisoners telling stories in their cells to pass time. What's unique about the story is how they do it - they bail the water from their toilets and yell down the bowl. Unique, right?

The highlight of the novel is how the ending ties everything together. You don't see it coming at all. I thought it could have been spread out more than it was but Tanamor did an amazing job fooling you. He is like a magician - divert your attention while pulling the rabbit out of the
Ally Grady
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

There is so much going on here that you're completely devoid of what is really happening with the main character. Layer upon layer of build up to one of the greatest endings ever.

I first thought this would be one of those books that just tries to gross you out for effect. It wasn't until I finished it that I realized each word contributes to the ending.

The premise involves prisoners who bail out their toilet bowls to create a telephone-like system through the drain pipes. This in itself is
Kyle Butler
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Downloaded this book as a free Kindle giveaway. Thought the story was intriguing. Glad I did. This is a hidden gem that needs to be discovered. Sure, there are dark topics and questionable dialogues between characters, but they all add to the intenseness (is that a word?) of the plot.

There are some writing flaws - grammatical - but overall this novel is an excellent read. It flows easily with its prose. I was only intending to read a couple chapters at a time but ended up finishing it in a coup
Philip
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways-won
It was a book with unusual characters; Unknown, Stud, Nose and Tex for example. They are all in prison telling their story. Unknown is a con-artist. The book is not something that I would pick to read, but to have won the book, **** 3 1/2 stars....not a 4 star for me.
Larry Mcmahon
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One word - Intense! There are great lessons to be learned in this book. It's not only entertaining but the stories give you something to think about.
Terry
My comments on this book were communicated directly to the author, with thanks for allowing me to read an advance copy.
Zee and Her Bowl of Noodles
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought that the book was cool. I just wouldn't recommend it for younger kids.
Jessica Grutzmacher
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Ending was a little predictable to me but I loved the way it was written. I really felt like I was seeing into someone's mind.
Rebecca
Courtney Woolems
Deborah Duffy
Mike Douglas

• Beach Plum Island
  • Black Monday (Stan Turner, #6)
  • Between Two Worlds
  • Dead Man's Tunnel (Hook Runyon #3)
  • Young Men Shall See
  • Roses of Winter
  • Hallways in the Night
  • When Depression Hurts Your Relationship: How to Regain Intimacy and Reconnect with Your Partner When You're Depressed
  • Speed Kings: The 1932 Winter Olympics and the Fastest Men in the World
  • Treason (Brooke Grant, #2)
  • Annie's Truth (Touch of Grace, #1)
  • A Shining Light (Home to Amana #3)
  • A Simple Hope (Lancaster Crossroads #2)
  • Run
  • The Lost Garden (Tales from Goswell #2)
  • Blessed Are the Dead  (Detective Emmanuel Cooper #3)
  • The Ways of the Dead (Sully Carter #1)
  • The Unveiled Wife: Embracing Intimacy with God and Your Husband
"...a promising writer with lots of potential..." - Publishers Weekly
Jason Tanamor has 10 plus years of experience as an entertainment writer and interviewer for Yahoo!, the Moline Dispatch/Rock Island Argus, Cinema Blend, Celebrity Cafe, Strip Las Vegas Magazine, Pulse Magazine, and Zoiks! Online.

Tanamor has interviewed the likes of author Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club); comedians Demetri Martin,