Start by marking “Superman: Camelot Falls Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Superman: Camelot Falls Vol. 2

Superman: Camelot Falls Vol. 2

(Camelot Falls #2)

The epic storyline concludes in this volume collecting SUPERMAN #662-664, 667-668 and SUPERMAN ANNUAL #13! The Man of Steel defends Metropolis from harm, but now faces a dilemma: are his heroics only making things worse?
Published March 3rd 2009 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Start your review of Superman: Camelot Falls Vol. 2
Jeff
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Poor Superman!

He has the best of intentions. He only wants to help, but anytime he neglects to rescue some puppy, stop a speeding bullet with his face or save a school bus of whiny kids from certain peril, people are quick to jump on the xenophobic bandwagon and condemn him.

Alien go home!

Send in the newly created Anti-Kryptonian (you’re not fooling anyone, read: Anti-Superman) squad…

…or the combined might of the Justice League and Justice Society.

Where’s Batman? Not to worry, he’s got somet
Sam Quixote
Superman fights Cthulu! is basically what this book is about. The 17th century sorcerer Arion has travelled to the future to warn Superman that he and all other super-powered beings will eventually cause the extinction of the human race through their meddling of humanity’s destiny. Superman is given the conundrum - continue doing what he does, saving humanity, and bring about their doom, or stop and let whatever happens, happen.

Well, if you’ve read any Superman books before this, you’ll know wh
J.M.
Oct 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Superman: Camelot Falls Vol. 2 collects issues 662-664 and 667 of Superman, as well as the Superman Annual #13. It's a really excellent storyline. Busiek's a solid writer and he spins a well-composed, solidly-paced tale that takes Superman through struggles of self-worth, of doubt, of frustration, and finally of resolution. There's not a lot of deep delving and I never really felt like Superman was truly threatened by the villains in this tale, but I enjoyed the read nonetheless. Heck. It's hard ...more
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Very strange Superman story that never really made any sense.
Devero
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Come per la prima parte della saga, anche questa seconda parte non mi convince. Bene i disegni ma la storia è un poco scarsa. Compresa la lotta tra Superman e "Chtulhu".
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Michael
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loeg-archives
I hope Busiek follows up on Khyber and Arion in Trinity. That's a good thing. Not a perfect story - Superman spends too much time hemming and hawing about Arion's prophecy, even though he obviously wouldn't give up, and probably couldn't give up even if he completely believed Arion's vision of the future. Pacheco's art was mostly solid, but not nearly his best - he's got a Liefeld-pinched-mouth thing going on, and you can see a few places where the deadlines were weighing on him - surprising giv ...more
Nate
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun Superman story with the interesting premise of what if the intervention of super heroes is ultimately terrible, even apocalyptic, for society. The soul searching in this collection feels real and shifts the narrative away from Superman's invulnerability, which almost always leads to boring story telling, towards a philosophical debate on the potential dangers of intervention. Those kinds of arguments are at the heart of most good science fiction and lead to one of the better Superm ...more
Joe
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good characterization.
Not my favorite story..yet a very good Superman story.
I was very happy with Lana Lang, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.
I was happy with Superman, not so much Clark.
Jesse A
Another that didnt end as strong as it started.
Ricardo Noronha
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not the ending I was hoping for after reading Vol. 1 but a good story nonetheless.
+1 star for all the Portuguese references :)
Javi
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy entretenido y diferente, el toque mágico y fantasioso ayuda a romper la rutina de Superman.
Nicholas
This review is for both volumes of Camelot Falls.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by Busiek in this one. He's hands down my favorite comic writer, especially when it comes to portraying Superman. He manages to strike a tone of reverence and nobility in the character, of unassuming humility, that captures the essence of what he is. At the same time, he knows how to balance the inner turmoil that Clark faces, the dilemma of being an outsider, of carrying the weight of the world on his should
Brad
May 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, dc
Emmanuel Nevers
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
solid ending for the story arc. I know a lot of people hated this but I thought it was enjoyable.
Aggelos
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great tale as a whole.

It has everything you want from a Superman story, high-concept heroics, great characterization, strong supporting cast and threatening villains.
I loved the villains. Both Subjekt 17 and of course the main villain Arion are great. Particularly Arion was so threatening and charming and considering his motives you think of him as a hero in his own right. After all, the main concept is the "cycle of life".

I have to give a bravo to Busiek when it comes to Superman's ch
Ernest
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this. Superman’s weakness from a storytelling perspective is that absent a compelling villain or motivation, his powers renders many problems too superficial to worry about. This story manages to capture interest not only by the story and situations but primarily in the central question on whether Superman’s continual intervention in humanity is holding humanity back.

I think I would have got more out of the volume had I understood the larger storylines in whi
Matej
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is the second volume of two, the ending is surprisingly open ended.
The plot is intriguing, even though not a whole lot happens, and even though the story up to this point is summarized at the beginning, it is still a bit confusing if you haven't read the previous volumes.
The art looks pretty good, and it fits the story well.
Overall, an interesting read that is somewhat complicated if you haven't read the rest of this series.
Nicolas
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Really good! This is one of the best Superman collections I've read yet. He's not all brooding and batmanny, but he's not just shiny and perfect either. It was a good blend that led to an interesting Superman tale. I'm not wild about the characterizations of Lois, Jimmy or Perry. Also, I hate that they made Power Girl & Zatanna look like strippers. All in though, I really enjoyed this story. ...more
Batsap
Nov 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, library
I usually find Superman an annoying kind of guy, but he's definitely not too bad in this volume. I'd even go so far as to say it was an enjoyable read. Subjekt-17 was an interesting antagonist, Arion was funny (even if he wasn't meant to be) and Superman wasn't overly cheerful. What really made this book though was Pacheco's art. The colours used were beautiful as well.
Simon
Aug 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Christ this was awful.

I'm not sure where to start.

Story telling. Incoherent. Often didn't make sense from one panel to the next.

Plot. Superman vs Magic, just, whu? And Superman vs Cthulhu? God that was lame.

THIS WAS ALL SO FUCKING LAME! I'm not wasting any more of my life reviewing it any further. Utter pish.
William Thomas
I am not a fan of Superman on the whole, but this was enjoyable- somewhat. I find Kurt Busiek to be a poor storyteller for the most part, fractured plot developments and poor jump cuts. This was no different, somewhat muddled although dead-on with the writing of the title character in every aspect.
Aaron Alvarez
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall a great story. My only real issue is that it wanders a bit in the middle due to the small countdown tie-in. Other than that it was neat to see Arion made relevant. This review pertains to both volume 1 & 2. ...more
Brian Anderson
The art is amazing. Loved looking at the book. However this story has no heart. It just an excuse for Lovecraft fans and Superman fans to unite. The bad guy Arion is as weekly created as his motivation to end Superman. For an amazing story see Secret Identity by Busiek.
Pj
Dec 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dishesaredoneman
I read the first volume of this about a year ago and just picked up the second. Re-reading the first was a delight, again. Kurt Busiek really nails the ideal of Superman -- someone who, unfailingly to the end, believes in the best of humanity and refuses to sidestep his duty. Both fun and intense.
Roman Colombo
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc
I felt like the ending could be bigger. It kind of wraps up too easily. A lot of moral issues and ethical questions raised in the first volume aren't really explored here. Superman is resolute and shows no more confliction.

The art makes it a fantastic read, though. Carlos Pacheco is excellent.
Shannon Appelcline
Not as strong as the lead-in, but still a fun look at a moral issue.
Marco
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing.
Greg
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, but not as good as the Alan Moore stories I read after this one.
Robert
A reworking of the 'bird in the hand' fable posing, for Superman, the question: should I save the world now and doom billions later or doom it now to save billions later?

• Superman: For Tomorrow
  • Superman: Brainiac
  • Superman: Peace on Earth
  • Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Man and Superman 100-Page Super Spectacular
  • Superman: Fuerza (Colección Novelas Gráficas Batman y Superman, #30)
  • Superman: Last Son
  • Superman: New Krypton, Vol. 2
  • Superman: New Krypton, Vol. 3
  • Superman: New Krypton, Vol. 4
  • The Death of Superman (The Death and Return of Superman, #1)
  • Superman: New Krypton, Vol. 1
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom (Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection #9)
Kurt Busiek is an American comic book writer notable for his work on the Marvels limited series, his own title Astro City, and his four-year run on Avengers.

Busiek did not read comics as a youngster, as his parents disapproved of them. He began to read them regularly around the age of 14, when he picked up a copy of Daredevil #120. This was the first part of a continuity-heavy four-part story arc;

Camelot Falls (2 books)