Start by marking “A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)” as Want to Read:
A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)

A Time to Surrender

(Safe Harbor #3)

With her Marine husband serving overseas, will Jenna trust God's plans for their marriage--or find comfort in another's arms?

Jenna Beaumont Mason had her marriage all planned out. But what she didn't plan was her husband, Kevin, unexpectedly reenlisting in the U.S. Marines--without her knowledge. When Kevin is assigned to serve in Iraq, Jenna struggles with loneliness and
Published June 29th 2009 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Surrender

Linnette
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book dealing with issues so many people face. It gives a great glimpse into the life of military families for those of us who have never experienced the military life. Sally did a great job portraying the struggle. I do wish she would have spent a little more time on the steps beyond repentance and reconciliation. The book fell a little flat in that regard. We never really got a chance to get to know the heroine's husband, Kevin, and it left me feeling more attached to the would be lover, ...more
Mary
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, but the ending left me wanting another book in the series!
C.
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book in the series. I was able to relate to the characters highlighted in this book much more than I had in the previous ones.

Nice conclusion to the Safe Harbor series, but still a bit unrealistic. I say this because it felt like things wrapped up a bit too easily after the difficult struggles.
Alora
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Different from what I expected. The previous book was about a very dysfunctional, 'unsafe' marriage. I thought this would be another story about a destructive relationship but it was a continuation of the family from the first novel. It took awhile to get into the story but once I did, I truly enjoyed it. Loved how the faith of Indio, the matriarch of the family, influenced everyone. Problems were resolved because of prayer and a relationship with Jesus. Love that!
Sue
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting story line. A well-written Christian book set in San Diego area about family relationships and the emotional aftereffect of various difficulties. A good depiction of the emotions experienced by the wife of a military man off to war (Iraq). The B&B type retreat, built on the site of the family home after a fire leveled it, is the center around which the story develops.
Alicia
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this series. I will be trying some more by these authors. I really like the Christian writing and find that they actually remind me to ask God for help. It's nice to have a modern day story that still brings religion in without going over the top. Recommend for anyone that wants a feel good book that relates to real life.
Martha
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Having lived the life of a career military family, I identified with a lot of what the main character lived through but at times I wanted to smack her. You grow up fast when your husband is deployed, or, let me say, you can grow up fast. It was a good family story and I enjoyed it as I do most of Sally's books.

Donna
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was pulled into the story right away and when Skylar came to visit I was intrigued how she was going to fit into the story. God guided them throughout the story and I enjoyed my time with the Beaumonts. Life was real, life had temptations, and God guided them throughout.
Audrey
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It deals with everyday issues and about how having faith in God will help to heal ones life. Also it talks about the bond of a family.
Elaine
Mar 04, 2009 added it
1145/
Amanda Determan
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great series.
Melissa
Apr 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Meaningful book--husband is deployed and wife has to learn how to cope home alone. A mysterious woman shows up. I really connected with the characters in this story.
Pat
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another story about the Beaumont family and all their trials and tribulations. I enjoyed it. I wish I belonged to such a family!
Lynn Cutting
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
good one..need to find the fourth and final book.
Phyllis
Jul 28, 2014
Kristy
Jul 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sally John is the best-selling author of twenty novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teaching writing ...more

Safe Harbor (3 books)
  • A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)
  • A Time to Gather  (Safe Harbor #2)