Start by marking “Jag vill inte gå och lägga mig!” as Want to Read:
Jag vill inte gå och lägga mig!

Jag vill inte gå och lägga mig!

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Larry never wants to sleep, but then he looks through his neighbor's glasses and sees animal children going to bed. That night, Larry's mother is in for a surprise.
Published (first published 1947)

To ask other readers questions about Jag vill inte gå och lägga mig!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jag vill inte gå och lägga mig!

Manny
This (at least in the Swedish original) is my all-time favourite going-to-bed story for kids. It is perfectly written on two levels, so it is just as amusing for the adult as the child... Astrid Lindgren's wonderfully dry sense of humour suffuses the whole book. If you have a child who won't go to bed in the evening, you are OBLIGED to get this!

_____________________________________

I've just been reading this aloud, in impromptu translation, to 5 year old Samuel and 3 year old Hannah. The bit the
Cheryl
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you R&S Books and Barbara Lucas for bringing this to the US. Sweet and magical story, with beautiful and hilarious illustrations. I'm not sure how it is that seeing all the different animals convinces (Larry) that he should go to bed, though. Some are more compliant, others are naughtier, what's the lesson? Just that everybody has to sleep sometime?

Anyway, this is quite likely my favorite set of illustrations by Wikland. They're pretty enough for me, detailed enough for many rereads, a
Anya
What a beautiful book!
My children absolutely loved it. A charming story about a boy named Larry who didn't want to go to bed. Sweet tale is accompanied by beautiful and detailed illustrations.
--------------------------------------

We had this book for almost two years now- it's still a huge hit, and a frequent request at bedtime, the little bird is my daughter's (3) favorite forever.
Elena
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAS Buch, um Kinder ins Bett zu bringen! Meine Mutter las es mir immer vor und machte dabei Späße, indem sie sich künstlich über die kleinen Kaninchenkinder echauffierte, die eine riesige Unordnung vor dem Schlafengehen machten-ich hatte dabei immer unglaublich viel Spaß und konnte als vor Lachen kaum atmen! Wenn man Kinder hat, ist das wohl eines der absoluten Muss-Bücher für das Vorleseregal!!
Luisa Knight
When I saw this book at the library and noticed that Astrid Lindgren was the author, I wanted to read it at once. Sadly, it wasn't as amazing as her books usually are. While I get the fact that she's trying to show little kids not to make a fuss about bedtime, it wasn't that endearing or, what I would think would be all that motivating.

Ages: 4 - 8

Cleanliness: a little boy disobeys and screams. Bunnies don't obey their mother rabbit right away. Someone says "phooey." Some kid squirrels argue. A l
G.R. Reader
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jag kan den här boken utantill, det är ett mästerverk.
Zack
Apr 05, 2012
Lovísa
Apr 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, (1907 - 2002) was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 165 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.

Awards: