Start by marking “She-Hulk, Volume 3: Time Trials” as Want to Read:
She-Hulk, Volume 3: Time Trials

She-Hulk, Volume 3: Time Trials (She-Hulk, Volume II #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  406 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Join She-Hulk as she deals with the bizarre legal problems of the Marvel Universe Strange twists, exciting adventures and lots of guest-stars See why Ain't it Cool News says, "She-Hulk is the best comic Marvel publishes today." And She-Hulk isn't the only one returning. Get ready, True Believer Hawkeye's back We kid you not So why is Clint Barton giving Jen Walters such a ...more
Paperback, Trade, 136 pages
Published June 28th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about She-Hulk, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She-Hulk, Volume 3

Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
I thought this was so much fun! And once again my time-travel geekdom is showing itself...

But, it was a nice story arc to start things off with. I'm reading on Marvel Unlimited and thought I was starting at the beginning of the 2004-2009 run of She-Hulk. Ummm...yeah, so definitely confused by Marvel's numbering system. What do they do, re-number every time a new story arc starts or something??? I loved that She-Hulk was in trouble with the Time Force Authority (I think that's what they were call
Sesana
Nov 12, 2015 added it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
A little too much time travel and talk about talk about paradoxes for my taste. Not that I mind these things in general, I love Doctor Who. But it felt a trifle out of place in this book. But I did really like the bits about Jen dealing with the havoc She-Hulk caused in Bone, Idaho. It's unusual for a superhero book to spend more than a token effort considering the aftermath of big battles, and even a token effort is usually too much to ask.
Anne
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it
It's ok. Once again, I hated the fat (or soft) cartoony artwork. The Hawkeye/time travel and Bones Idaho story lines were alright, but not enough to make me want to seek out anymore of the She-Hulk volumes.
Henrik Emilsson
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Brukar inte gilla tidsresor, men här fungerade det fint.
Jen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the storyline, hate how there are multiple unrequited love stories distracting in the background.
Brad
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
She-Hulk comes back from the infinite and starts tampering with juries. Juries who have been pulled from another time. Which gets the attention of the Time Variance Authority. Motto: “Preserve the past, protect the present, and forget the future!” A fine bunch of Reubans. Or something.

I have a dark suspicion that the cover artist was not actually informed of the nature of the story; the art is eyerollingly eye candy. And the beginning conceit – whether a time traveler could shoot a man in the b
Callie Rose Tyler
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, marvel
If there is one thing i love it's time travel and if there are two things I love it's time travel and superheroes, luckily this comic has both! This comic deals heavily with time travel in a really interesting and fun way. We get a good dose of nostalgia by looking back at old She-Hulk stories and special appearances by many of her closest friends and fan favorites like Spiderman and the Fantastic Four. This comic is a perfect balance of comedy, heart, story, and action. She-Hulk remains to be t ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
One of the things that I love about Slott's take on She-Hulk is his careful attention to her goings-on with the Avengers, and that really takes center-stage here, thanks to repercussions from both The Search for She-Hulk and Disassembled, and it all comes off quite well. However, the main plot of this volume is about time travel justice, and if anything that's better than the Avengers-related plots, thanks to fun timey-wimeyness (1-2), a great flashback (4), and a terrific retrospective of She-H ...more
Rachael
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2011
I really liked the continuity here with Hawkeye and whatnot. A big part of the plot hinged on proving that Jen is an unique and special person, and during some scenes I couldn't help but think in the back of my mind, "They could never do this with Wonder Woman because she has no personality." LOVE Juan Bobillo's art. She-Hulk is all curves and muscle. Even with the cartoony style, there's a very tactile quality (by which I mean I want to smish her on every page!).

I totally don't remember which
Sean
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
I've always thought Dan Slott's writing was pretty funny, and here it is as well. However, its not funny enough to entertain throughout. So that leaves Slott's plot which was of the wall in an off the wall book. The time travel craziness wasn't good enough to keep my interest. The art for most of the trade was done by Juan Bobillo and it doesn't quite fit with the character. I've always been one to steer clear from this cartoony style of art and it was just that here. The chapter by Scott Kollin ...more
Rich Meyer
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
This volume of the She-Hulk trade paperbacks features the first five issues of the 2005 series, again written by Dan Slott. Titania's rampage has left emotional scars on Jennifer, and she now has to use a device to transform into her alter-ego. Timely Plaza is being rebuilt, but a mysterious new CEO has plans that don't necessarily coincide with everyone else's, as the first starts handling cases for super-villains as well as heroes. Another fun storyline worth reading.

Jolene Haack
Sep 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 100-2011
I'm still really enjoying this series although this book less so than the first two.

The time jumps and continuity jokes got to be a little over the top, although the "Ret-Cannon" joke was fairly hilarious.

Overall, I love two things about this series:

1) It's nice to have a superhero who loves their ability instead of whining and being all, "OOoooooh this terrible responsibility!!".

2) It's nice to see Marvel make fun of themselves.
Joseph
Nov 11, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: OCD fans of She-Hulk
And here's where comics go wrong for me. This isn't a She-Hulk graphic novel; it's a crossover. Most of the stories in this volume are a carry-over from some other comic, and while you can figure out the gist of what happened (Hawkeye died; She-Hulk wiped out a town in Idaho), I hate reading half of a story. And there's no way I'm interested enough to do the legwork to get the rest of the story.

Sorry, She-Hulk. We're done.
Anastasia
Includes a super cute special issue where She-Hulk is put on trial and all her friends and family give character testimonies. Also, Two Gun shows up, Hawkeye is dead but maybe not?, and more self-aware jokes about trade paperbacks ruining comics/law firms who depend on monthlies for trial evidence.
Shelley
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hawkeye! Dead Hawkeye, boo. Loved seeing him old school and sarcastic and awesome, and loved the idea of Jen on trial for her very existence for trying to save him, but it just felt super drawn out. Also started disliking Pug even more - the guy in love with his roommate who is happily dating someone else thing is annoying.
Nate
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
There just isn't enough weight to this story. Taking place in the aftermath of Avengers Disassembled she is damaged by what she has done and the world she finds herself in. Dan Slott wants this story to be fun and light and self referential and is mostly successful but I think there is a way to do that without undermining She Hulk's back story.
Wendy
May 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This one is rather more continuity heavy than previous entries in the series, and I feel like I missed out on a few things by virtue of not following assorted other Marvel titles and spinoffs, but the comic remains good fun.
Jdetrick
It's not that these comics were bad, but after the hiatus between the first and second volume it does feel like the series became a little more standard and a little less special. It just lost a little of its magic and its unique viewpoint.
Scott Miller
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Not bad, not great. the time-travel aspect was sort of meh.
Ana Rînceanu
I like how Jen has to deal with the consequences of her actions, but I found the Two Gun Kid and Hawkeye a little boring.
Monaluffy
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creo q es mi superheroína preferida pero ES Q YA DEFINITIVO XD
Melissa
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Read as single issues
Angela
Jan 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another interesting and fun volume.
taeli
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
reread 8/5/16
Jack Haringa
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Slott's run on She-Hulk continued to be terrific with this third collection. It managed to keep me entertained despite indulging in one of my least-favorite tropes, the time-travel story.
Heather
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
She-Hulk is always fun - but I particularly love the political commentary in this one. It actually does age well and had me laughing.
Ryan Owned
Mar 16, 2015 marked it as she-hulk
She-Hulk (2005 series) #1–5
David
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Dan Slott! I've loved just about everything he's written for Mavel. Notch up another win for him and his team She-Hulk.
Amanda
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just in case She-Hulk wasn't enough fun for you, it's time to bring timey-wimey stuff into her legal practice!
  • She-Hulk, Voume 6: Jaded
  • The Tick: The Complete Edlund
  • The Incredible Hercules: Love and War
  • Secret Avengers, Volume 3: How to MA.I.M. a Mockingbird
  • X-Force, Volume 1: New Beginnings
  • Avengers Academy, Volume 2: Will We Use This in the Real World?
  • Young Avengers, Volume 2: Family Matters
  • Daredevil, Vol. 8: Echo
  • Avengers Legends, Vol. 1: Avengers Forever
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct
  • Thor: Ages of Thunder

She-Hulk, Volume II (9 books)
  • She-Hulk, Volume 1: Single Green Female
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Superhuman Law
  • She-Hulk, Volume 4: Laws of Attraction
  • She-Hulk, Volume 5: Planet Without a Hulk
  • She-Hulk, Voume 6: Jaded
  • She-Hulk, Volume 7: Here Today...
  • She-Hulk, Volume 8: Secret Invasion
  • She-Hulk, Volume 9: Lady Liberators

“Well, She's (She-Hulk) quippy. I'm quippy. When we get together, we quip. And, quipwise, I think that makes me a better quipper. -Spiderman” 1 likes