Start by marking “The Strangest Secret” as Want to Read:
The Strangest Secret

The Strangest Secret

I'd like to tell you about the strangest secret in the world... Live this new way, and the floodgates of abundance will open and pour over you more riches than you may have dreamed existed.

Money? Yes, lots of it. But what's more important, you'll have peace. You'll be in that wonderful minority who lead calm, cheerful, successful lives. Start today. You have nothing to los
Published September 12th 2006 by www.bnpublishing.com (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Strangest Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strangest Secret

Start your review of The Strangest Secret
Vaishali
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
JUST WOW ! From his 1956 gold record… has great jazz music accompanying it! Just so classy, and an absolute joy to listen to. The notes below are copious... His words are so important, I highly recommend listening to his own voice.

Quotes:
-----------

"By the time we're 65 we haven't learned how to be financially independent in the richest land that has ever been known. Why? We conform. And the trouble is we're acting like the wrong percentage group. The 95% who don't succeed."

"The only man who su
Brian
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
> You will become what you think about
> Remember the word 'imagination' and let your mind begin to soar.
> Courage. Concentrate on your goal every day
> Save 10% of everything you earn
> Action. Ideas are worthless unless you act on them.

> 6 Steps to Realize Success
1. Set yourself a definite goal
2. Quit putting yourself down
3. Stop thinking about all the reasons why you can't be successful and instead think about all the reasons why you can
4. Trace your attitudes back through your childhood and
Isaac Samuel Miller
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Everyone is self-made but only the successful will admit it.”

Earl is arguably one of the founding fathers of self-development as a construct.

Hence, if you want to explore a true self-help read, then do not search any further. Great book!
Danijel Brestovac
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
People with goals succeed
because they know where
,they're going

We become what we think
about

Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes
of mind

Believe and succeed

We must control our thinking

Life should be an exciting
adventure.

Act as though it were
impossible to fail

Remember to keep calm and
cheerful.
Diane
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book, by Earl Nightingale, is a classic. It has sold well over a million copies since the 1960's. I was delighted to read it again. Some of his thoughts are:

People with goals succeed because they know where they're going
We become what we think about
Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind
Believe and succeed
We must control our thinking
Life should be an exciting adventure
Act as though it were impossible to fail
Remember to keep calm and cheerful

I love his 30 da
♥ Ibrahim ♥
1. Set yourself a definite goal
2. Quit putting yourself down
4. Trace your attitudes back through your childhood and try to discover where you first got the idea that you couldn't be successful
5. Change the image you have of yourself by writing out a description of the person you would like to be
6. Act the part of the successful person you have decided to become

Gabrielė Bužinskaitė
"No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others"

Instead of reading, I have listened to the original record of it. Its his voice that hypnotised me and I admit it. It is something so alluring about the audiotape from the 1950s. The way they talk... I am infatuated enough to give it the highest rating. Motivating, inspiring and well thought of, but most importantly — a true pleasure to listen to.
Tao Lee
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Conformity is why america is filled with poor people. Success is doing exactly what you want to do. You are a mother because you want to be a mother, you are a gardener because you love flowers and want to be outdoors planting trees and flowers. You are a firefighter, bc you grew up wanting to save ppl's lives. People with GOALS succeed because they know where they're going, it's that simple. WE BECOME WHAT WE THINK ABOUT. Always save at least 10% of what you earn. Concentrate on your goal every ...more
Andrea
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do not keep this to yourself

A quick read to motivate you to get back on track towards your goals. Get your second wind on the path to the life you were meant to live.
Kerdel Ellick
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's very motivational. I love it. It's very helpful to people who solely think negatively.
Tony Rogers  Jr.
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You know most men will tell you that they want to make money without understanding the law. The only people who make money work in the mint the rest of us must EARN money. This is what causes those looking for something for nothing or a free ride to fail in life. The ONLY way to earn money is by providing people with services or products which are needed and useful. We exchange our product or service for the other man's money therefore the law is that our financial return will be in direct prop ...more
Eric Sutherland
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A mind opening book with a common sense approach and included a bonus book about writers habits.
Now reading Instant Analysis to change these habits.
Dimitris Hall
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently The Strangest Secret was the first record (as in vinyl release) to go gold. Amazing -- the first self-help 'audiobook' before audiobooks existed sold so well as to write history on a music-based medium.

It's nothing terribly ground-breaking, actually what's contained therein might seem trite and overplayed by today's individualistic, success-obsessed ego economy. Still, I have to say that The Strangest Secret itself, that is:

You become what you think about

is instrumental advice in turn
Gregory
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book/audio book is a Super Classic.
I have lost track of how many times I have listened to this book but have had an AHA!!! moment each and every time.
I can't imagine life without having been exposed to "The Strangest Secret"..
You should not confuse this book with "The Secret"..
Although sleightly similar in nature, "The Secret" can easily convince the reader that no responsibility or work are required to enjoy a life of success and reward.
"The Strangest Secret" explains the ENERGY and EFFORT
Powell Omondi
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is an awesome book that explains the key difference separating those who succeed and those who settle for less. The m,ain difference is goal setting. A book worth all of your time
Carl Prieto
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful message for anyone! Regardless of profession or stage of life. I would highly recommend. Such a quick and easy read.
Preethi Venugopala
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book began it all.
Nitin
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-thought
The opposite of courage is not cowardice but conformity.
Cecilia
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really helpful, specially when you want to become positive, or become more positive, successful and happy.
It's all about our mindset and what we think.
Barb
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, timeless advice but the tone of the writing was a bit dated.
Yoric
Extraordinary! Mind-blowing!

This merely 30min Audio is PoWeRfuL! Earl Nightingale's voice is fantastic.
It sounds like coming straight from the Fourth Dimension original TV series.
Clear, concise, to the point, articulated, authoritative, informative.
The perfect voice for the perfect "secret".

It feels like you just discovered a chest from the ancient time. The excitement increases as you dust if off. You know this is a rare find. It might shake your destiny.

---

I pretty much like the introduction.
Amanda
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This quick read was recommended to me by my son. It really resonated with him. The basis is that we can make our lives something more. Our thoughts shape us. Intentional goal keeping will see us to success.
Joshua Hector
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wisdom for all ages. Especially when he talks about purpose and the average working-person. A must read for sure.
Raman Hasan
If you are looking for a book talking about creative thinking. This will be the best!
Such as phenomenal Book! Don't skip it!!!
Make creative thinking a part of your life.
Moses Rabuka
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listen to the audio book version for 30 DAYS I promise YOU, YOU will change whatever situation you are in it will change your life 🙏🏾
Karl
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One would think that with the massive amount of content available to him, Earl Nightingale would be writing books several hundred pages in length, yet “The Strangest Secret” is a mere 42 pages, and that is actually double-counting because the first half of the book is the text from an audio presentation and the last half of the book comes from the video presentation of the same name.
As with several other notable books in this genre though, what “The Strangest Secret” lacks in quantity of content
Nate Simpson
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Per Earl Nightingale only 5 out of every 100 people make the grade in regards to how financially successful they are by the age of 65.

The reason why that 95% of us fail is because we conform. Most people believe that their life is shaped by circumstances and not by what one makes of his/her life.

In order to be successful you have to have goals. "People with goals succeed because they no where they are going."

"Failures on the other hand, believe that thier lives are shaped by circumstances ... b
Rebecca
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5 - This book is a solid, quick read. Nightingale is educational, interesting, and succinct, and his life-altering suggestions have a great deal of merit to them. A definite should-read for almost anyone.

(view spoiler)

Gisela Hausmann
Earl Nightingale’s message is over 40 years old and, of course, it is still relevant as then. Only if we apply ourselves to the fullest we can achieve. This Audio CD book is particularly pleasant and useful as one can listen to it in the car, over and over, after all – the message never gets old. Nightingale has a beautiful melodious and pleasant voice, thus it is easy to like the CD. His message is an encouraging one, often spoken quite sternly, reminding us that if we don’t get up and roll up ...more
Laura Vanagaitė
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars (but because of the genre of the book)
I didn't really get it. I see what other people find in this book, but I just can't love it the way they do. First of all, this book was easy to read - which I appreciate. And it had some nice quotes in it. But the praise ends here. Everything I read, I already knew. There weren't any new information or things that were important for me as a growing person. The worst thing was that most of information was repetitive. If we would throw away the repe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Magic of Believing
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • The Greatest Miracle in the World
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.

News & Interviews