Start by marking “The Strangest Secret” as Want to Read:
The Strangest Secret

The Strangest Secret

I'd like to tell you about the strangest secret in the world... Live this new way, and the floodgates of abundance will open and pour over you more riches than you may have dreamed existed.

Money? Yes, lots of it. But what's more important, you'll have peace. You'll be in that wonderful minority who lead calm, cheerful, successful lives. Start today. You have nothing to los
Published September 12th 2006 by www.bnpublishing.com (first published 1956)

Start your review of The Strangest Secret
Vaishali
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
JUST WOW ! From his 1956 gold record… has great jazz music accompanying it! Just so classy, and an absolute joy to listen to. The notes below are copious... His words are so important, I highly recommend listening to his own voice.

Quotes:
-----------

"By the time we're 65 we haven't learned how to be financially independent in the richest land that has ever been known. Why? We conform. And the trouble is we're acting like the wrong percentage group. The 95% who don't succeed."

"The only man who su
Brian
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
> You will become what you think about
> Remember the word 'imagination' and let your mind begin to soar.
> Courage. Concentrate on your goal every day
> Save 10% of everything you earn
> Action. Ideas are worthless unless you act on them.

> 6 Steps to Realize Success
1. Set yourself a definite goal
2. Quit putting yourself down
3. Stop thinking about all the reasons why you can't be successful and instead think about all the reasons why you can
4. Trace your attitudes back through your childhood and
Isaac Samuel Miller
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Everyone is self-made but only the successful will admit it.”

Earl is arguably one of the founding fathers of self-development as a construct.

Hence, if you want to explore a true self-help read, then do not search any further. Great book!
Danijel
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
People with goals succeed
because they know where
,they're going

We become what we think
about

Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes
of mind

Believe and succeed

We must control our thinking

Life should be an exciting
adventure.

Act as though it were
impossible to fail

Remember to keep calm and
cheerful.
Diane
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book, by Earl Nightingale, is a classic. It has sold well over a million copies since the 1960's. I was delighted to read it again. Some of his thoughts are:

People with goals succeed because they know where they're going
We become what we think about
Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind
Believe and succeed
We must control our thinking
Life should be an exciting adventure
Act as though it were impossible to fail
Remember to keep calm and cheerful

I love his 30 da
Tao Lee
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Conformity is why america is filled with poor people. Success is doing exactly what you want to do. You are a mother because you want to be a mother, you are a gardener because you love flowers and want to be outdoors planting trees and flowers. You are a firefighter, bc you grew up wanting to save ppl's lives. People with GOALS succeed because they know where they're going, it's that simple. WE BECOME WHAT WE THINK ABOUT. Always save at least 10% of what you earn. Concentrate on your goal every ...more
Andrea
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do not keep this to yourself

A quick read to motivate you to get back on track towards your goals. Get your second wind on the path to the life you were meant to live.
Gabrielė Bužinskaitė
"No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others"

Instead of reading, I have listened to the original record of it. Its his voice that hypnotised me and I admit it. It is something so alluring about the audiotape from the 1950s. The way they talk... I am infatuated enough to give it the highest rating. Motivating, inspiring and well thought of, but most importantly — a true pleasure to listen to.
Kerdel Ellick
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's very motivational. I love it. It's very helpful to people who solely think negatively. ...more
Tony Rogers  Jr.
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You know most men will tell you that they want to make money without understanding the law. The only people who make money work in the mint the rest of us must EARN money. This is what causes those looking for something for nothing or a free ride to fail in life. The ONLY way to earn money is by providing people with services or products which are needed and useful. We exchange our product or service for the other man's money therefore the law is that our financial return will be in direct prop ...more
Laura Vanagaitė
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars (but because of the genre of the book)
I didn't really get it. I see what other people find in this book, but I just can't love it the way they do. First of all, this book was easy to read - which I appreciate. And it had some nice quotes in it. But the praise ends here. Everything I read, I already knew. There weren't any new information or things that were important for me as a growing person. The worst thing was that most of information was repetitive. If we would throw away the repe
Ryan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Summary:

Character: guy that goes with the flow his whole life because that's what he's supposed to do

Problem: he's not reaching his potential wants to be successful but doesn't know how

Guide: "the greatest secret", earl nightingale

Plan: the greatest secret is that "we become what we think about"
1. Get a goal
2. Have the right attitude
3. R&D

Call to action: 30 day plan to think only positive thoughts, cut out all negative thoughts, think about your goals, save

Success: "the progressive realizatio
Eric Sutherland
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A mind opening book with a common sense approach and included a bonus book about writers habits.
Now reading Instant Analysis to change these habits.
Gregory
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book/audio book is a Super Classic.
I have lost track of how many times I have listened to this book but have had an AHA!!! moment each and every time.
I can't imagine life without having been exposed to "The Strangest Secret"..
You should not confuse this book with "The Secret"..
Although sleightly similar in nature, "The Secret" can easily convince the reader that no responsibility or work are required to enjoy a life of success and reward.
"The Strangest Secret" explains the ENERGY and EFFORT
CA Ram Melam
Feb 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This record is amazing to transform our lives from failure to success. It gives a path to success—a must-listen record.

Success in three important words: BELIEVE AND SUCCEED.

We become what we think about. As per Ralph Waldo Emerson, a man is what he thinks about all day long. So, our thoughts are critical. This audio recorder has a foundation in the book, As a Man Thinketh by James Allen. We also need to read that book.

Some adages:
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going
Powell Omondi
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is an awesome book that explains the key difference separating those who succeed and those who settle for less. The m,ain difference is goal setting. A book worth all of your time
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
Too short. I want more of this golden information!
Maddelline
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: online, audiobook
How to develop your creative thinking?
Latavia
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Good book. Basically, it has the same message as so many other self-help books. The mind is where it all starts.
Dimitris Hall
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently The Strangest Secret was the first record (as in vinyl release) to go gold. Amazing -- the first self-help 'audiobook' before audiobooks existed sold so well as to write history on a music-based medium.

It's nothing terribly ground-breaking, actually what's contained therein might seem trite and overplayed by today's individualistic, success-obsessed ego economy. Still, I have to say that The Strangest Secret itself, that is:

You become what you think about

is instrumental advice in turn
Henrik Haapala
5/5

“We live in a golden age. This is an era that humanity has looked forward to, dreamed of, and worked toward for thousands of years. But since it is here we pretty well take it for granted. We are fortunate to live in the richest era that ever existed on the face of the earth. A land of abundant opportunity for everyone.”

“We become what we think about.”

“Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.”

“This means that any person who knows what they are doing and where they are going i
Carl Prieto
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful message for anyone! Regardless of profession or stage of life. I would highly recommend. Such a quick and easy read.
Preethi Venugopala
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book began it all.
Nitin
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The opposite of courage is not cowardice but conformity.
Ben
Mar 31, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
clear and precise
AttackGirl
Jun 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022
I wrote a whole review and touched the screen and it disappeared GoodReads this needs to be fixed!

The book This book is also The Secret, the Holy Bible in a few words, Ancient secrets people have overlooked or have just never read.

Ask and it shall be given to you….
So you sow so shall you ….
A man plants seeds on several types of ground…
A man had 3 servants….

On it goes you create your own destiny if you don’t like your life, well you created it so change it or SHUT UP with your whining about life
Duncan Akyeampong
By far, this book is remarkable. I can see why people refer to this book; it's a fantastic book to help you achieve your goals. It is the cofounder of law attraction. Just reading this book has helped me have an optimistic mindset and a new belief system. I strongly advise people to read this book; it will change your life forever. It will help you believe in yourself. ...more
Manoj Kakran
Jan 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nightingale distills his lifetime of research on human motivation into a simple success formula- the very same one that propelled his own achievement.
The Strangest Secret is a practical guide for accelerated prosperity so that you can quickly rise to the top, becoming one of the top 5 percent who succeeds in your field.
Andy Febrico Bintoro
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another classic work on how to success. Basically this is a self help book. But i wonder if the statistics here is the real one or not. Only 1 out of 100 people tested on 25yo could have success by the 65yo.
May
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: ramadan-reads
This is a more reasonable, more convincing and shorter version of the book law of attraction. It is really short only 35 minutes audiobook. I am not fascinated by the book but I have to admit that it is a very good book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • Change Your Paradigm, Change Your Life
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • Miracles Of Your Mind
  • The Magic Path of Intuition
  • It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!
See top shelves…
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“. ...more

News & Interviews

Horror fiction, as a genre, can be fascinating to track over time. The scary stories that we tell ourselves often reflect the anxieties we’re...
“You are now, and you do become, what you think about.” 68 likes