Start by marking “The Wheel of Nuldoid” as Want to Read:
The Wheel of Nuldoid

The Wheel of Nuldoid

New Fantasy/Humor by Russ Woody. Three humans journey to the center of the earth where a society of Hobit-like creatures live in a spherical town called Nuldoid and operate the machinery that rotates the earth.
Woody is the Emmy and Golden Globe winning writer/producer of Becker, Mad About You, Murphy Brown, Cybill and many others.
Published June 1st 2009 by Pointless Ink (first published January 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Wheel of Nuldoid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wheel of Nuldoid

Russ Woody
Mar 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, come on, I wrote it, so, yeah, five stars.
Issendai
Feb 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
Cliched characterization, cliched dialogue, cliched imagery, and an aggressive tell-don't-show policy crushed the life out of this story. It's regrettable, because there's something there--the author is a decent writer, better than the average self-published author--but the book needs strong, sharp editing that it didn't get.

For example, one of the main characters is a teacher who wants to be good and engaging, but rules and regulations have ground him down into one of the boring teachers he hat
Katie Schwartz
Apr 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
257 pages into it, I'm almost done. It's BRILLIANT. Russ is a flawless writer. I could eat his words all day long. Even better, they're fat free.
Robin
Mar 28, 2009 marked it as to-read
So,
I ran into Russ on Shelfari and decided to download the Kindle sample - what a charming beginning!! I definitely think this is "one to watch". I'm going to get a copy right away.
Jeanne
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed my trip to Nuldoid. Russ Woody has a most intriguing imagination with a good dose of sentimentalism thrown in. The story reminded me in parts of Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl series and I could definitely see other stories about Nuldoid come from Woody. I liked the way he didn't talk down to a YA audience and used some pretty big words. It's good to introduce YA's to vocabulary, especially when the Nuldoid-speak is such a grammatical mess! But by the end of the book I could practica ...more
Ángel Huerta
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An AMAZNG book!!! It definitely takes you to another world, all inside our own. The writer does a fantastic job describing the universe the book is set and makes you feel for the characters. I loved the book and definitely put it in my collection as one of the best stories Ive ever read.
Bradoicich
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just couldn't get into it. I will pick it up again.
Isabel Trafficante
Aug 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this book! i met th author and im curretnly awaiting his next creation!!!!
Steve
Nov 03, 2010 marked it as bad-dnf
First chapter was pretty funny but for some reason I wasn't in the mood. Will revisit sometime in future.
Hatice
Jakobmcelwain
Apr 08, 2010
Jim
Sep 07, 2010
Hold on. Why does it ask for my "Date of Death"?

I have two new books. One is supposed to be funny, the other poignant and possibly funny. I don't know -- I'm sick of reading them:

HEROIC HEART - A Story of Fathers and Sons (a memoir) -- http://www.amazon.com/Heroic-Heart-St...

Here's a story behind the story!
(If you like TED DANSON -- wtf doesn't? -- watch):