Start by marking “PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God” as Want to Read:
PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God

PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God

For the past four years, Frank Warren, known as "the most trusted stranger in America," has invited people all over the world to send him creatively decorated postcards bearing secrets they have never before revealed.

Warren's fifth book presents a never-before-seen collection of the most personal PostSecrets he's ever received—those dealing with life, death, and issues of
Published October 6th 2009 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about PostSecret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PostSecret

Start your review of PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God
Jon Nakapalau
Would you send your most secret confessions (anonymously) to a stranger so he could share them with other strangers? Many people have sent Frank Warren the most intimate details of their life so that he can put them on display - things they have told no one else - but we will never know who they are. Funny, sad, exciting and horrifying; excellent glimpse into our collective questions of what it all means.
Alexandra
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the idea behind this. People from all over the world mailing anonymous post cards with their deepest, darkest secrets on them. Kind of makes you wonder about all the people you know and what they could really be like.
My favorite secret in this book is "When two cars meet at night on a lonely country road, when they dim their headlights for each other and their paths cross for that short moment during their journeys in opposite directions…I feel like I am NOT ALONE in this world."
♥ ♥ ♥

I c
Trudi
I love the Post Secret phenomenon. Who knew the act of baring one’s deepest secrets anonymously on a post card would resonate with so many people all over the world? These sometimes quirky, sometimes tragic, always heartfelt confessions astound me in their beautiful simplicity. Every card is a canvas, where text and images unite in powerful, unassuming ways. Do you have a secret to tell? ...more
Emily Polson
My inner snoop loved this. I can imagine how incredible this was as an art installation, but reading them in the book was still fun. These are the kinds of secrets I wonder about when I see strangers walking down the street.
Michelle
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
book made me feel I could share one of secrets. And I did. It wasn't really a secret but it still felt good to see my feelings written on paper. ...more
Eli Seibert
I don't think I can give this any kind of star grade. How do you grade peoples' deepest secrets? ...more
Hannah
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Got this for a $0.50 steal at the St. Andrew's Book Sale. (2018)

Nothing like reading other people's troubles to mute my own. (2021)
Sarai
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think I have read all the PostSecret books there are at this point. I find them terribly engrossing, funny, sad, and intimate. One of the neatest things about it has been that I checked them out from the library and patrons had put in their own secrets between the pages. A really fascinating glimpse into the human psyche.

Book Description
Publication Date: October 6, 2009

Carrie
Imagine your mailbox being filled with bizarre postcards everyday--secrets from strangers all over the world. That's life for Frank Warren over the last few years, ever since he invited the mail to come in. I hope he never sells his house and moves, because that Copper Ridge Rd. address will probably keep getting postcards for a long time. I'm tempted to send him a card myself, after flipping through this collection and seeing some affixed to the staircase wall at the Visionary Art Museum yester ...more
Sparrow
‎"If oblivion is all there is when we die,
If nothing happens other than
Suffering ends, or
A happy life was lived, or
An evil life was snuffed out, or
A boring life is at last over,
I think that's a wonderful alternative
To Heaven and Hell,
And I'd choose oblivion."

My favourite secret. I loved the theme of this book and more of the secrets moved me than the other books. It made me think about my own secrets and made me realize other things that I didn't realize mattered to me.
Rachel
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: la-biblioteca, 2016
Meh, I'm more of a fan of the 1000 Journals Project. Still a fun project though. ...more
melissa
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting read. There are a few difficult ones though.
Malarie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2018
Some of these secrets are too funny
Harris
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was, I think, probably my favorite PostSecret collection so far. The focus on confession made for some deeply affecting pieces, though certainly not all deal directly with the theme of "life, death, and God." Like other entries in the PostSecret series, these are assembled from submitted postcards consisting of hidden feelings and long concealed memories of participants. The variety is both interesting ; some are heart wrenching, some are simply silly, but all express the human condition. E ...more
Gus
Apr 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I read this at the bookstore that I work at (not knowing that it was about God...silly me, I thought it would be funny!). I wouldn't buy it, it's a quick read and pretty depressing (I know, I know...of COURSE PS is depressing!). My favorite one was when someone says they always think of Jesus as looking like Where's Waldo! ...more
Tiffany
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, art
Awed.

This was my first PostSecret book but I've read secrets for years online. This collection was moving filled with secrets about complex issues like faith, death, belief in God/no belief, etc. I was surprised how well each secret fit together in an overall theme. The book kept my emotions bouncing from humor to sadness to delight. Enjoyable read, I'll definitely read another PS book.
Keshun
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This little book was fantastic; filled with confessions that evoked all the feels. I read a few post cards a day and they served as a reminder that I am not alone in this,what sometimes feels like, tumultous world.
Kira
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Post secret book I read about a month ago, since then I have fallen in love with the work Frank Warren does and these books are perfect for anyone who feels a bit lost in the world. Its the only Non-Fiction book I will willingly read.
Jayden
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoy this series. It can help you let out your frustrations anonymously. This one is a bit more sensitive topic wise. It can be a little bothersome to read some but it is someone's honest opinion or secret. I still find this one just as fascinating. ...more
Kandice
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography-memoir
I highly recommend reading any PostSecret book.
Sarah Bowers
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's a secret. ...more
Jessie Drew
Meh.
Nicole
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My only complaint is that not all the postcards were horizontal. The postcards themselves were interesting, insightful, sad, and/or artful. A good cross section of the collection.
Morgan
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, raw & inspiring.

This PostSecret book had images that came from the souls of their makers.

I'll carry their secrets close to my heart.
Kara Sabbagh
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read through it all in one sitting 😯
Tanja
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
As with another PostSecret book I've read before this one is also a wonderful work of art that evokes many different feelings in the viewer. ...more
Kim Reynolds-Jolles
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first post secret book I have read, i think the entire project is incredible. Tank You Frank for giving people a place to go...
Jayde Mackenzie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cool, I liked the illustrations. How interesting it is to see that people are the same, no matter who you are or who you choose to be, at the heart we are all the same.
Leah
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
#36

Picked this up at a bag sale today. I remember when it first cake out when I was in college but never read it. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.
Nichole J
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first PostSecret book. I'm now addicted!! ...more

• Humans of New York
  • The Dark Matter of Mona Starr
  • If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
  • Last Summer with Maizon
  • Kill My Mother
  • Modern Tarot: Connecting with Your Higher Self through the Wisdom of the Cards
  • Once a Witch (Witch, #1)
  • Wild Card Quilt: Taking a Chance on Home
  • In My Father's Name
  • Wendy
  • The Sea Ranch
  • Maizon at Blue Hill
  • Between Madison and Palmetto
  • The Phantom Twin
  • Dark Archives: A Librarian's Investigation Into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin
  • The Spy Who Couldn't Spell: A Dyslexic Traitor, an Unbreakable Code, and the FBI's Hunt for America's Stolen Secrets
  • Under a Firefly Moon (Blue Hollow Falls #4; Firefly Lake #1)
  • Where Is the Brooklyn Bridge? (Where Is?)

News & Interviews