Start by marking “Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)” as Want to Read:
Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)

Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow #16)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  598 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Fairies chapter books fit for a queen!

Queen Clarion is missing! One minute Prilla was flying right behind her, then POOF!—the queen was gone. Meanwhile, someone has taken the precious heart seed from Lily’s rare Fairy Pink rose. Could the queen’s disappearance and the stolen heart seed be connected? With the help of Lily and Beck, Prilla follows clues that Queen Clarion ha
Published August 25th 2009 by Random House (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Queen Clarion's Secret, please sign up.

Shannon McGee Well I don't know who thought about them first but the first to write about them was Gail Carson Levine. The first book was called The Quest for Pixie…moreWell I don't know who thought about them first but the first to write about them was Gail Carson Levine. The first book was called The Quest for Pixie Dust I believe.

I also believe they made these only about fairies because there were/are books about Peter Pan so why not Tinker Bell and other fairies. (less)

N_stefanie Akwa
Oct 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
My daughter loves this series. I chose to read Queen Clarion's Secret because it is one of her favorites. Prilla was flying right behind the queen, when suddenly, "POOF!" The beautiful queen disappeared. Also missing is the precious heart seed from Lily's rare fairy pink rose. Are these two mysteries related? Of course they are. Other fairies help follow the clues Queen Clarion left behind. The feminine fairies end up in a scary setting called High Tree Forest. They have to try to find the queen ...more
Shannon McGee
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries, 2015
This is the 16th book in the Tales of Pixie Hollow Series but it is the first book in which the character on the cover, and title, is not from their point of view. It is in the point of view of Prilla who notices that the Queen and the precious magical heart seed is missing.

As always the images are beautifully drawn. The story is sweet. I am a fan of Prilla the clumsy (their word for humans) fairy. Prilla runs into Lily and Beck. Beck is a animal fairy who can talk to all animals and talking t
Jordanna
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney-faires
This is a chapter book. In the story Prilla see's Queen Clarion take somthing from Lily's garden. Then Prilla turns around for a second and when she turns back around and Queen Clarrion is gone. She soon finds out that Lily's heart seed from the rare Fairy Pink rose. Prilla,Lilly,and Beck go on a search to find Queen Clarion. When they find her she tells them that she took the heart seed ... and why.
Dyah
Dec 22, 2012 rated it liked it
At first I thought this story will be from the point of view of Queen Clarion, but in reality, even though the focus is Queen Clarion, the point of view is from Prilla, Lily, and Beck. The three fairies go on an adventure to look for the missing Queen Clarion.

I'm a bit disappointed because I was hoping to learn more about the queen and her personality... But in the end, Queen Clarion remains as an enigma.
Theresa
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
These books got much better as they went along, and now I think I could pick up any of them and enjoy them, which was my original wish.

In this story Queen Clarion disappears and so does the heart seed. Three of the fairies join forces to find her and rescue her if necessary. They end up going on quite an adventure and they have to rely on each fairy's special gifts to get there.
Rachel
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was fun to finally read a book about the Queen of Pixie Hollow. The secret wasn't as “exciting” as I'd hoped it would be, but the questers; Prilla, Lily, and Beck certainly have an adventure as they search for the “lost” queen, and the missing Heart Seed.
Artemis
Predictable (for most of this series, actually), but it's for children haha so I guess I'm the outgrown one.

Kinda like the implication of what being a queen entailed towards the end but the middle felt mostly filler-y and characters weren't much developed.
hhertzof
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not much of a secret (and I preferred the secret she had in Secret of the Wings), but these are fun, fast reads.
Hanna
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was a bit short, and it wasn't as action-packed as I hoped it to be. It was an interesting book though.
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it
My 7 y/o daughter loves me to read these books to her.
Shazzer
I always love another Prilla tale.
PWRL
Oct 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
SM
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thought it would be from Queen Clarion's POV/ follow her, but it didn't. Still a good book.
Hazel Sanson
May 13, 2008 added it
Shelves: hazel
It is a very windy day for a while and very mysterious.
Stephanie
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
My daughter loves these Pixie Hollow books. I think they're great for a girl her age!
Jaime
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
We love all the disney fairies series!
Linn Browning
Natasha
Jan 19, 2010
Luna
Apr 25, 2014
  • Iridessa, Lost at Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #15)
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Vidia Meets Her Match (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #19)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land (Disney Fairies #3)

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)

“This is a really great book!!!” 2 likes