Start by marking “The Kindred (Servant, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Kindred (Servant, #3)

The Kindred

(Servant #3)

Gabrielle Cody is a paladin?God?s enforcer on earth. But she?s not sure she can endure the life of a holy warrior. Her relationship with Detective Luther Cross is under constant strain already, and its going to get worse.

There is a monster feeding off of human blood, flesh, and souls and Gaby must stop him. But her passion for Luther distracts her from the ter
Published August 25th 2009 by Jove (first published August 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Kindred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kindred

Margaret McCullough
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series of books got progressively better. In the first book, Gaby was very withdrawn socially and didn't relate to anyone. I thought the book was alittle slow and didn't think I'd make it through all three if this is how it was starting out.

In the second book, she starts to come out of her shell and begins to make friends. The story picked up some and didn't feel as stagnate.

By the third book, Gaby has a small band of friends and has upgraded to caring and concern. The paranorm
Trish
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first two books in the series more than the third but only because this book read more like a conclusion to the series. I do not want the series to end anytime soon. Anything that I say could result in a spoiler so I will just say - I love the Servant series.
Arec Rain
Jul 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
I almost feel bad having this series as my first review since I have absolutely nothing good to say about this book, or the series for that matter. Every element of this book was just terrible, from the language to the plot development, or lack thereof.
By the time I came to the final novel in the Servant trilogy, I quite literally had to force myself to read every page. Unlike the first two, where I became hooked on a goal that Gabrielle Cody was trying to reach, this book just grossed me out,
Kathy
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the Best, Yet Sadly Underrated Urban Fantasy Series,

I highly recommend you read the previous books in this series (The Awakening and the Acceptance) before reading this novel. This is the last installment of the Servant trilogy.

I've had my ups and downs w/ this series, mainly the first book, the Awakening. Regardless of the first installment, each installment seems to get better and better. This book was excellent from start to finish.

Gaby, a Paladin a
Angie
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Although I am sad to see the series ending, it left the reader with a sense of contentment...purpose to Gaby's life. Having been alone her whole life, rejected and never knowing any love, she has finally found her purpose and her place in a world that not many people will ever need to see or be a part of. I liked all the characters because they all became tied to Gaby without her even trying and yet they were all changed because of her...and Gaby because of them. As I said in the first review, I ...more
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: me
She is a paladin. Gabrielle Cody is a type of holy warrior, but she is not certain that this is the life that she wishes to lead. It is leading to relationship stress with her beau, Detective Luther Cross, and it is not making her happy. They are pursuing a monster that is feeding off of human blood, flesh, and souls. Only holy warrior Gaby must stop him. She needs to not focus on her very passionate hook ups with Luther so she can focus on vanquishing this terrible beastie. An interesting twist ...more
Cher
Insipid. I don't get how people with the moral compass of the character to protect babies & puppies above all else can stomach any of the rest of the facets of these books - relentless maiming violence, sadism, and really bad but kinda rough sex. These books are trying to have it both ways: barbarous vigilantism combined with moral highground lawfulness, and it just doesn't work. The author just repeatedly asserts what she wishes to be true about the characters, regardless of how they actual ...more
Heather
Dec 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
I liked the series as it was a different style the Foster's romance books. The heroine Gaby is so funny as she deals with her man and how the world works as she is too busy killing demons. Gaby has a big heart but using it is a new thing for her but there is Luther and I love how he 'teaches' Gaby a thing or two.
Jamie
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent series, funny characters and Gabby was a strong lead along with Luther! I wasn't sure I was going to like the books and was sucked into the first book by chapter two. Very quick reads. This one had much more sexual tension as the characters develop but Gabby's ignorance is funny and charming. She is also a quick learner! I would recommend.
Amber
Sep 05, 2009 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the series.
Gabby is a kick-butt girl. She is a paladin and has been on her own for so long.
Now she has friends and a boyfriend.
I've enjoyed the growth of her character and those around her.
The author makes Gabby into role model showing that girls can get things done yet still be sensitive and real.
Lucy
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! I was so drawn in by the creativity of it all and how different it was from other Paranormal/Fantasy. Foster has a way of captivating you to feel like you are part of the story. (Actually, you will find that I really was part of the story in book 2, the dead hooker, HA!).
Stephanie Garza
Really awesome ending

This series was very good to read. Read it quickly and easily. Fast paced and unputdownable. Happy to see how it ended. Beautifully written. I upped my previous 4 star to 5. Loved every word. But then Lori Foster wrote it, that's good enough for me. ;)
Sharon
Sep 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Apparently Foster is still having fun with her Thesaurus, which was a bit distracting, but altogether a fun read. Not the best thing she's ever written, but definitely enough to keep me following any further adventures of Gabrielle and Luther.
Karen
Sep 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Certainly my favorite in the series. She made Gaby seem more like a person then a freak show in this book. Not my favorite series of Lori Foster but it was intriguing.
Hmr28
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED these books and so want more. Does anyone know if she plans on writing more in this world?
~♥*Marianna*♥~
Mar 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-more
Is it over? Will there be no more of this kick ass heroine? Somebody, please tell me its not so!
Peggy
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved it!!
Gypsie Holley
Aug 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Oh, I really liked this one the best so far. About time these two hooked up! This is a good series!

Angela
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
A solid 3.5. The series grew on me. It's not my favorite, but Ive enjoyed it.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amy
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this series ... sort of a cross between Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance!

It really is an alternate World for L.L. Foster, aka Lori Foster.
Lauri
Amy
Jul 13, 2010
francine
Apr 09, 2012

• Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2)
  • Fallen (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Lord of Bones (BloodAngel, #2)
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • Pursuit
  • Chase the Moon
  • Wiccan (Wiccan, #1)
  • Darklands (Darklands Vampires #1)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • and Falling, Fly (Harrowing #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Halle Pumas, #4-5)
  • Texas Two-Step (Perfect Strangers #1)
  • Strange Case (Hyde, #3)
  • Black Magic
  • Coming in Last
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • The Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire, #4)
L.L. Foster is a pseudonym for romance writer Lori Foster.

Under this name, she writers Urban Fantasy books with a little bit of romance.

Servant (3 books)
  • Servant: The Awakening (Servant, #1)
  • Servant: The Acceptance (Servant, #2)