Start by marking “A Bad Enemy” as Want to Read:
A Bad Enemy

Sara Craven

A Bad Enemy

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
She wanted the impossible--his love!

Learning that her grandfather was critically ill was a severe shock for Lisle. Then she discovered that he planned to give Jake Allard control of their family business and arrange a marriage between her and Jake!

It would never work--Jake detested her. And yet he was willing to give the marriage a chance for convenience sake. "I want your
Published 1983 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about A Bad Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bad Enemy

Jenny
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
I loved it! I love jealous heroes and heroes who misjudge the heroine! He thought she was a whore and a party animal but he still wanted to marry her. He was so smitten and so was she. Great chemistry!
Dianna
Lisle is hosting a party at her swanky London flat, even though she maybe doesn’t like anyone at the party, including her roommate. Some pudgy drunk guy starts feeling her up, and Lisle is so over it, but she’s not allowed to punch him in the nose, because that makes Gerald mad.

Gerald, it turns out, is her brother. They’re both rich and heirs to their grandfather’s money and engineering firm, but the firm is starting to fail badly, and Gerald, who would be at the party were he not off making swe
Tia
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
This novel frustrated me over and over again. The heroine was constantly throw into each situation and it was beyond her control. It was as if she was a doll and unable to make her own decisions. So many times I would of loved to see her pull a gun and shoot the hero. He was malicious and cruel. I couldn't stand him, even at the end of the novel when he claimed he loved her. You don't act that way to people you love. Gosh, it was a bloody mess.
Chantal ❤️
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So in the book the hero is not a very likeable guy in fact I hated him but I still enjoyed the book. She was a little immature and somewhat a victim. The story was good and the pace was adequate. It was a little distraction from the everyday and if you like an oldie with old fashion values you will like this book. Keep in mine it's over 30 years old here and the mind set was different then.
Bukola
This is the first book I happen to hate the Hero, if I had a gun and could see him face to face.. He'd be dead! You don't treat the people you love this way. The heroine was such a pain too.. No fire whatsoever! I wish she had made life very difficult for the Hero but nar.. This bish got on ma nerves. Would have loved this book if the the Author had made the Hero grovel ALOT. It was all too easy and I feel the ending was a bit rushed.

This is my first time reading a book by this Author.. I don't
Roub
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
the book was a definite 4 star. i liked it so much ! it lost 1 star along the way becoz jake was so mean, he was very much degrading wid lisle ! ofc he had heard rumors abt her. but dat does not justify his contemptuous attitude towards her. after all, they dunt react dat way 2 playboys. so y be contemptuous of a girl who plays the field ?;p but then maybe becoz he was asked 2 marry her. how lisle fell in love wid him dats unbelievable bcoz he was an ass 2her
Lede
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sara Craven created a weak character with Lisle; she didn't have any principles, backbone, fire, ice or integrity. Her character was even overshadowed by minor ones like the heros mother, it's no surprise that Jake comes across as mean and horrid.

Sapheron
Jun 25, 2015
Afia Attafuah
Jan 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. Wodehous ...more
More about Sara Craven