Start by marking “Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)” as Want to Read:
Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)

Fat Free and Fatal (A Savannah Reid Mystery #12)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  809 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Beloved P.I. Savannah Reid rubs elbows with the rich, famous, and deadly in this delicious new installment in McKevett's acclaimed cozy mystery series.
Published May 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fat Free and Fatal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Free and Fatal

Chelsea
May 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
The characters have definitely grown on me, so I'm really enjoying the Savannah Reid Mysteries, in no particular order.
Nolan
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed this series. Savannah is easily among the most unpretentious book characters you'll ever meet anywhere. She's not the skinny rich girl who so often makes up the ranks of female private detectives. Instead, she's a plus-sized former cop who loves those around her and loves herself for who she is. She doesn't constantly diet, and she doesn't go about wistfully seeking the approval of those who wish she weighed less. The inspiration of her life is her beloved grandma, a woman wh ...more
Nathalie S
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I went to the Provo Library on Friday and was thrilled to find more books about one of my favorite private investigators--Savannah Reid, a Southern Belle transplant to Southern California. I love to read about strong women who have a sense of humor, love to eat and are comfortable with themselves. Again, I've been following this series by G.A. McKevett for years and it is just as enjoyable as the first one I read. Savannah is a forty-something former police officer who now has her own detective ...more
Barbara
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
This series is usually a fun and enjoyable read. This book did not disappoint. I love Savannah and her extended family - most of them helping her in her investigations as private investigator. Dirk, her friend (and possibly more? at least hinted at in this book), is the only one who is a "current" professional - a police homicide detective. (One of her extended family is a former FBI agent.)

Fairly light reads, in terms of being easy to read and not too graphic or grim, but still very engaging an
Kay
Jul 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I love Savannah Reid -- all of her siblings are named after cities in Georgia and all are just slightly dysfunctional but loveable -- as is Savannah. This series is one of those you'll-love-the-characters-and-who-cares-who-dunit!
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I somehow skipped over this book when it was "new"' but picked it up at the library--I honestly wish I was able to rate this book a "10" ********** it was THAT GOOD!!
Having been down in the dumps for 2 days before-hand; really needed the humor especially the ending! Whoo Hee
kathy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all her books and have been reading them for a while. The characters are fun to keep up with. Always something different in each book so the plots are not boring or redundant.
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I like all of her books - easy to read, simple to get through, likable characters.
Dharia Scarab
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

4 sta
Mayda
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozies
Savannah is pressed into service as the bodyguard for actress Dona Papalardo after her assistant is murdered. Her friend, Detective Dirk Coulter and Savannah believe that Dona may have the target. While working to track down the killer, Savanah is also trying to understand Dona, and what compelled her to undergo gastric bypass surgery. Much happens in this well crafted and well written mystery, peopled with the interesting characters readers of this series have come to enjoy.
  • Cook the Books (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #5)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast, #4)
  • The Crepes of Wrath (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #9)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2)
  • Deadly Valentine (Death on Demand, #6)
  • War and Peas (Jane Jeffry, #8)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #10)
  • A Catered Birthday Party (A Mystery with Recipes, #6)
  • The Cornbread Killer (Heaven Lee, #5)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)