Start by marking “ESPN College Football Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game” as Want to Read:
ESPN College Football Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game

ESPN College Football Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
From South Bend, Indiana to Lincoln, Nebraska, Palo Alto, California to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ann Arbor, Michigan to Tallahassee, Florida, college football attracts the most dedicated fans inall of sports. On any given Saturday, in dozens of stadiums across America, you will find crowds in excess of 75,000 gathered to root on their teams. This book is their Bible???a ric ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by ESPN Books

To ask other readers questions about ESPN College Football Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ESPN College Football Encyclopedia

Dan
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Obviously this is for college football fans. This book is for the statistician and historian, it's only updated through 2005, but still the real value in this book is the history beyond recent memory. I love the layout and organization of the book, espcially the breakdown of team records, statistics, and finally rankings by season. A must have for any college football fan that watches games while wondering how many times those teams have played against each other, which one has more bowl appeara ...more
Craig Brantley
Sep 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: football fans
This stays on my nightstand year round. This is more a reference book, but it includes interesting facts on each school. I really like the inclusion of the Ivy League and the historically black colleges.
Steven
Jun 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: football
A comprehensive reference book on the history of the greatest sport known to man, college football. Schedules, stats, helmet changes, all-time teams, traditions, and even fight-song lyrics. A great gift for the college football fan.
Andrew
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Any college football fan could spends hours, nay, days, flipping through this book. It is missing a section on NCAA records, but perhaps we'll see that added in a future edition.
Catherine Lewis
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wouldn't say I've "read" this; I continue to reference it even though it's a few years old.
Kimberly Griffis
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
One of the most comprehensive college football references out there. The essays at the beginning are amazing as well.
Bonny