Start by marking “For Love of Mary Kate” as Want to Read:
For Love of Mary Kate

Hazel MC Intyre

For Love of Mary Kate

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"For Love of Mary Kate" tells the powerful and compelling tale of love and courage spanning three generations of Irish women beginning in the 1920s. "For Love of Mary Kate" was hailed by newspaper critics as the "first of many fine novels from this emerging Donegal writer." The book was chosen by Woman's Way magazine as their choice for their Millennium Edition as "the mos ...more
Published 1996 by Moran Communications

To ask other readers questions about For Love of Mary Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Love of Mary Kate

William Clarke
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This novel is one of the most enthralling reads I've read in years.
It contains an an immence spectrim of live as rural Irish lived it in the early decades of the 20th century. It is a powerful novel and a successfull blend of fiction and authenticity.
Selena Clarke
Lorrie Mcintyre-Graham
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! It was such an all-encompassing immersion into Irish life. It was set in a place that is dear to me, and so thought provoking, I thought about the story long after I finished the book. There was such a full range of human emotion that Hazel brings to life. I would highly recommend this book!
Sandra Crowley
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the story I found it hard to put the book down!I had intended on reading the first few pages and before I knew it I had half the book almost read.I have been to the village of Culdaff and it made the story come to life even more for me.
Mary Mcclintock
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I began reading 'For love of Mary Kate' and found it the most compelling read ever. I burned the -midnight- oil until I finished the entire book. It is also a wonderful historical document of life in rural Ireland in the 1920s. I highly reccommend this book,
Sara Jane Gilmore
Darwin
Australia
Hazel Mcintyre
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is a spellbinding novel which captivates from page one.It tells a compelling story of three women in 1920s Ireland and makes a statement about important matters--love morality, belief in human nature with all its frailty and the deep love for a child. A must read which stays in the mind long after the bedside lights go out.

Mildred Casey
Karyn
Apr 27, 2009
Theresa North
May 29, 2016
Barbara Fabricius (du Plooy)
Apr 06, 2012