Start by marking “Touched by Light (The Sentinels #3)” as Want to Read:
Touched by Light (The Sentinels #3)

Touched by Light

(The Sentinels #3)

Book 3 of the Urban Fantasy Romance series, The Sentinels

After a brutal attack, Dr. Julia Reynolds is determined to live a solitary existence. But one man who believes she’s his soul mate and his destiny has other ideas . . .

For twelve years Julia has been haunted by memories of a horrific assault, and forced to deal with precognitive abilities triggered by the attack.
Published November 15th 2013 (first published April 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Touched by Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched by Light

Start your review of Touched by Light (The Sentinels #3)
Barbara ★
Adam very forcefully prodded Julia (psychically) to do his bidding. The first few chapters were very much mind rape and rather disturbing. I realize why he did it but Sentinels aren't supposed to harm humans. There are rules and laws and he came damn close to breaking all of them. I liked the first two books in this series but Adam is a complete asshole and I just couldn't relate to him. His attitude ruined this book for me. Julia eventually gives in but I think it's because she just can't fight ...more
Cindy
Aug 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good read. This is the third installment to the Sentinel series, a supernatural thriller of sorts. 'Of sorts' because our hero is a powerful agent serving the powers of Good; and yes, that is Good with a capital G. He has interesting powers and a Celestial mandate. Our heroine is a double PHD in Mathematics and Physics teaching at the University of Houston. 12 years ago she was the victim of a stalker who raped and tried to kill both her and her sister; as an added reminder of the trauma she now ...more
Paranormal Romance
Life for the heroine is about control. Since her rape 12 years ago she has worked hard to make her life as stable as possible with her aversion to men, her damaged leg and her damaged mental calm. Now, it seems everything if falling apart and that scares her to death. On the day she receives news that her rapist is to be released from prison, she gets a visit from the hero with a damaged for help. Cool to the point of cold and as ruthless as an immortal being can be when getting what he wants, ...more
Riley
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touched by Light is #3 in Catherine Spangler's Sentinel Series. I've read all three of these paranormal romances and each one is better the previous one. I enjoy a digital friendship with Ms. Spangler, having connected on Goodreads. I've read and enjoyed many of her books! Knowing her talent at telling a good story, I entered a Fresh Fiction contest for one of her books. That is how I ended up with my copy of Touched by Light!

The Sentinel series is a good-versus-evil series premised on the idea
Monique Atgood
May 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
SYNOPSIS:
(Wrinkling nose- deep sigh - cant believe I read this one). A reincarnated Atlantisian hero is a “Sanctioned” a sort manager of a earthly crew of “Sentinels”. Sentinels are also reincarnated Atlantisians who have superhuman abilities, and work together to defeat the forces of evil Belians. Belians, love chaos and human sacrifice and just get all up on happy juice when some nut job slaughters a bunch of strangers. That kind of thing.

Ok. One of the “Sentinels” has gone off the deep end
Deborah Ideiosepius
Julia, our leading lady, has a horrific past of abuse and has survived to make a successful, productive life. Adam, our leading man, is a sentinel of ancient Atlantis and he decides he needs to force Julia into using their psychic link to locate a missing sentinel.

Julia's abuser is about to be released from prison, and Adam is probably going to use the 'stunning sexual attraction' between Julia and himself to force her into giving in to him. Presumably he will protect her from the released
Christine Rains
Twelve years ago, Julia Reynolds survived a horrific attack. Since then, she's lived a very ordered life and cut herself off from any romantic attachments. Adam Masters comes into her life with force and purpose. He's one of the powerful Sentinels that fights the evil on earth, and she has a unique ability to help him. Julia doesn't want to be involved with any of his missions because he turns her organized world upside-down and makes her feel things she hasn't felt in over twelve years. Yet she ...more
dbbks3
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was not sure what shelve to this book deserved. It was not really a romance (not much romance at all). It was not an adventure. It just was.

I wanted more depth to the characters. They were all more cardboard than substance. Adam never came alive to me and I so wanted him to do so. I wanted him to be more than an arrogant bastard who would do anything to get his own way. (Yeah. Yeah. I know he was protecting humanity. Ends justify the means much, Adam?) Julia had many understandable emotional
Lakisha Spletzer
Sep 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've been trying to finish this book for over three months. There was nothing wrong with the book, but I had a lot of chaos going on in my personal life. Anywho...

I liked the concept of Sentinels and Sanctioned. They are not human but they definitely having feelings and emotions. I feel that Catherine Spangler did a good job with them.

I also liked the heroine/leading lady, Julia. Julia has suffered a lot and has done her best to avoid dealings with the Sentinels and the Sanctioned. All that
Katrina
2.5* more likely. Dull , storyline and luck-luster, two-dimensional characters that I found totally devoid of any appeal. When he was not an ass, calm, cool and centered Adam was just tepid,and Julia,for me, came across as snarly, belligerent, often violent( did anyone notice how many times in these books our heroes got hit and damaged by their female counterparts?) and totally lacking any charm. Not to mention, that her see-saw attitude was constant source if irritation.
Annie
Jun 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've already given this series far too much of my time. I refuse to give it much more.

Save yourself. It's too late for me.

Think...Bruce Campbell camp without the intended camp, bad George Lucas love banter, and contrived sex to save the world. Read my reviews of the first two books, if you need details.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Love Adam so forward with Julia. Their bond is so strong but she fights it all the way forcing Adam to be devious. Julia is stronger than she thinks but her troubled past haunts her. GreAt story with wit.
Gerri
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope there are more to come in this series.
Grace
Nov 16, 2009 added it
This is a seres???
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Tutti Dolci
I didn't find this one as engaging as the first two in this series. Never warmed up to the lead female in the story. Still enjoyable over all, nonetheless.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
May 31, 2009 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) by: Lacy
Picked this up yesterday. Part of the series sis recommended. Sounds really good. Will read this one first (gasp!)
Joymzz
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
The book was totally different from what i am used to. the story plot is really wild and sexy and unusual but any true romance lover would like it. <3
Cat
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
Lol...saw the author's name and wanted to read my work.
Darlene
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Sharon Evans
Nov 01, 2014
Ruth ann
rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2013
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Jul 16, 2010
Feb 07, 2016
Nicola
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Passion's Dream (The Doms of Passion Lake #1)
  • Prisoner of Night (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16.5)
  • Blessed: A Bad Priest Romance
  • The Shared Series Collection

Catherine Spangler is a bestselling and award winning author of the Shielder series (futuristic romance)and the Sentinel Series (romantic urban fantasy). She is a two-time Golden Heart finalist and a RITA finalist and has received numerous other awards and honorable mentions.

She is an active member of Romance Writers of America and her local chapter, Dallas Area Romance Authors. A frequent

The Sentinels (3 books)
  • Touched by Darkness (The Sentinels, #1)
  • Touched by Fire (The Sentinel, #2)