Start by marking “Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday” as Want to Read:
Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday

Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday (Tales from the Back Pew)

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
With hilarious stories and nutty pictures, the Tales from the Back Pew series offers kid’s a unique view of church. Enjoy plenty of giggles with your child—and learn fun, important truths about God, church, and the Bible.Mom is taking me to church this Sunday. I’ve heard a lot about church. You have to stand up, sit down, and kneel a hundred times. It’s called being in the ...more
Published January 19th 2009 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday

Shaun
Jun 11, 2009 rated it liked it
When it comes to church, kids sometimes think and say the darnedest things. The Tales from the Back Pew series takes a light-hearted look at some of the misconceptions our children may have about church.

In Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday, the main character is wondering if church will be anything like the stories he's heard. There's obvious cause for concern when you consider the fact that you may get drafted into the service, be forced to sit on smelly benches called pews, and deal with the
Jessica
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a very short book that has lots of little colorful graphics. It is for young kids and goes over some of the ideas kids have come up with through the years of what church is like. I got it to read and show to my daughter who is 4 and she seemed to like the pictures really well. It was cute and fun.
Celestine Barrett Harris
Funny

This book has very humorous illustrations of church service. It has a great interpretation from a kid's point of view. I would recommend this book for those with a vivid imaging action and keen sense of humor. This is overall an entertaining book. It's an easy read.
Lauri
May 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
I think you have to be a Christian to laugh at some of the jokes. If a child had not been to church, I don't think they would understand it.
Karen
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
We'll be teaching 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School this fall, so I bought this whole set. I think it's going to be great to use with the kids.
Tiara
Cute book with plenty of chuckles like calling the preacher "The Sermonator" and saying that they must really like nuts because people are always saying "Almonds."
Margaret Chind
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: online-storytime
Bah. Not my sense of humor. Read NOOKbook.

Online Free Story time: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32522997/Pr...
Bill Tillman
What a fun graphic children's book, and with a great message.
Shannon Kelley
Mar 08, 2011
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
author of black lagoon series, boy's first time at Christian church, funny, but trying to hard
Barbara
Jan 14, 2011
Caroline Morrison
Mar 12, 2015
Cheyanna
Dec 04, 2013
Savannah
rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2016
Nicole Connolly
Sep 14, 2017
Jamie
Jan 03, 2011
Mike Thaler, born in Los Angeles, started his professional career drawing cartoons for adults. A children's book editor saw one of his cartoon stories in a national magazine and encouraged Mike to try writing for children. His first attempt met with success, and "The Magic Boy" was published in 1961.

Mike has produced over 220 published books and is known as “America’s Riddle King.” He has also bee
More about Mike Thaler

Tales from the Back Pew (10 books)
  • Church Summer Cramp