Start by marking “Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3)

Sweet Seduction

(Sweet #3)

He was the stuff erotic dreams are made of

Salon owner Julie Stanford wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her. Stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending; until she finished off his final rub-down with something
Published October 6th 2009 by Berkley Heat (first published January 1st 2009)

Start your review of Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3)
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Once again, I'm back with the Sweet series. I've already read books one and two, and SWEET SEDUCTION is the third book in the series. I bought the whole series on sale because they had good reviews on Goodreads and instead of chucking them all in a donation bin, I've decided to get my money's worth and review each one of these books. If I can't enjoy them, at least I can make people laugh and save them from making my mistakes. As with the
Penny
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-read-bdsm, reviewed
Actual Rating 3.5 stars

I liked the book, but I have a few issues with it.

This book was way softer and lighter in comparison with the others. I personally would have liked more kink in it :P

The idea of a completely anonymous threesome with blindfold and all is extremely appealing and hot, but I think it could have been told with more excitement and in more depth.

This book felt rushed, everything happened very quickly. For the love between Nathan and Julie to be more believable to me, they needed
Auntee
Feb 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of erotic romance
Good book. After that last kink-fest book in the series (Sweet Persuasion), I can't say that I was really looking forward to this one or or if I had the will to read it if it was going to be another hard-core BDSM book. Thank God it wasn't! Not that there's no kink in this one, but thankfully no painful or humiliating BDSM moments between the H/H (although Damon and Serena appear and have their typical moment in the sun).

This one was about salon owner/massage therapist Julie Stanford and her
seton
Jun 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Genre: Contemp Erotic Romance
Series: 3rd in the Sweet Series (ongoing)

Ramblings: If you have read the previous 2 books in this series, then you know that Julie, our mouthy zaftig heroine (that is so NOT her body on the cover), has the hots for bald & goateed Nathan. She’s been trying to peak his interest by pushing her Double D’s in his face whenever he comes to her parlor for a massage. To no avail. This is their story.

When the book begins, things comes to a head. Literally. Julie is tired
Sita
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, romance, reviewed
I’m still trying to work out how exactly to review this. So, I am going to follow my old, old advice – when in doubt – make a list! So this list. It’s going to start with a 1). Are you ready? And so we begin!

1) This book is an erotica and damn, I mean DAMN! Is this book hot! I’m serious. My favourite scene would have had to have been the first scene, like I said before damn, damn that scene left me speechless, I loved it (yeah, I’m a bit of a pervert :P).
2) The characters were awesome, I loved
Amy
Apr 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2read2
It was basically a game of cat and mouse and maybe that's why I was not blown away with Nathan and Julie. Granted Julie is a self-sufficient, independent woman, which I loved, she portrayed herself in a sense what I would consider the "woman scorned". After flirting and putting herself out there(tata's and all)to try and gain Nathan's attention (only to be ignored) Julie decides she's going to give him a "send off" he will never forget to show him what he's missed. Now Nathan is a good ole boy ...more
Tilly Slaton
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing

This series has fallen into a soap opera worthy story line. I really like that. It’s nice to read about the relationships from the prior books.

Sweet Seduction is story about Julie and Nathan. Their relationship is different from the previous ones.

Although some of the scenes in this book were outstanding, I really wasn’t impressed. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the author, Maya Banks. As with any writer, sooner or later they will create a book that just doesn’t do it for me. It happens.

In
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Oct 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, erotic-romance
This is the third book in the "Sweet" series that, so far, has dealt with three friends - Faith (Sweet Surrender), Serena (Sweet Persuasion), and now Julie - and since the story revisits the other characters and their relationships, you do need to read these books in order to get the most out of them.

Julie Stanford owns her own salon where she gives great massages. She's been half in love with one of her clients ever since he first walked in for a massage - Nathan, who works for Faith's father
Cami
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book does not lack for hot & steamy moments.

Interesting read with lots of alpha males and smut. Gotta love it!!
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked Julie and Nathan and their story was good and kept me on the edge until the end.

Julie is a strong and independent woman that owns her own salon. She's a beautiful, curvy woman that likes herself but has trouble finding men that will do the same. She's had men tell her she's too heavy and complain about her strong opinions and it's made her doubt herself in the past. Julie wont put up with that again and tends to keep her relationships with men
marlene
Oct 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
i didn't like Julie in the other 2 books and nothing really changed as we went along this one. i thought i liked Nathan alright till i kept reading about him. there is nothing wrong with him exactly but i just would have called him a wuss, rolled my eyes and walked away. there was nothing exceptional about him in any way. julie's only redeeming moment for me was her watching Serena and Damon at the club. i liked her then for about 5 mins. which may have been more because her previous attitude ...more
Marie
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
jenjn79
I'm a bit on the fence about this book. I didn't dislike it or like it really, just found it rather average and lacking in a few areas.

Series Note:
Third book in Banks's "Sweet" series, an erotic BDSM based series. You could probably read this one on its own, but there's a lot of references to the other books, active involvement of those characters so you might be lost on those areas if you don't read them in order.

Summary:
Julie Stanford has wanted Nathan Tucker since she first set eyes on him.
Susi
Sep 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Julie is a very strong woman who knows exactly what, or better said who she wants. She’s stubborn as hell and doesn’t want to back down. Her ideas are sometimes a bit over the top but she makes them come true nonetheless. Julie runs from one extreme into the next but she won my heart with her sassy attitude and her witty comments. She’s a very reliable person and full of love for her friends. She has character, a very strong one and men seem to be afraid of it. But who is Julie to change herself ...more
Holly
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
I absolutely loved this one too!! Julie and Nathan played a little too much cat and mouse, but I love them anyway. I also really enjoyed revisiting Gray and Faith and Damon and Serena, I loved that they also had their own little stories going on! Not to mention like all the books in this series it was HOT, HOT, HOT!! Getting ready to settle in and begin Micah's story!!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I LOVED this one. Love Julie's personality and Nathan's sweetness and innocence, even though he isn't totally innocent.

Overall this one is my all around favorite of the 1st four of the series, Micah and Angelina are right behind them.
Melanie
This installment just didn't do it for me. I love Maya Banks and her writing style, but this felt forced.
Deb B
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
read this a long time ago and it is easy to dive back into. Love Ms Banks writing style, characters and stories. plenty of action and a great romance
Nstefa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!! Julie has been in lust with Nathan that doesn't know Julie exists well after a blow job that Nathan will never forget Julie decides to have an anonymous threesome and the fun begins....
Khaye Bibliophile
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Its more off running and playing. But at least in the end they let it out and achieve each other!
Kara Skinner (Lover's Quarrel Reviews)
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Incredibly sexy and a lot of fun to read.
Lisa Williams
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved. Tons of good scenes with more than one couple.
Ray
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
The third installment was good. I enjoyed the heat of passion. I might expect too much, but building upon the characters from the previous books, this one felt like another HEA chapter. I feel myself assuming which character gets their HEA next. I want more conflict and tension. Maybe my erotica eyes are becoming accoustomed to the light of this genre. Anyone have an opinion?
Elena
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ok, this one SUCKED!

He BLUSHES, he has NO self confidence, he has no guts to ask a girl out! Come on - this is supposed to be a romance (erotic!) novel, not a geek convention! If I wanted to read about losers i'd go look for them in real life!
She is all over him even though he is clearly not interested (according to the vibes he's giving out), she gives him a blowjob (which he tried to fight off), constantly reminds the readers that she is fat but is ok with it (if that were so, you wouldn't
DeadGirl Drama
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, bdsm
“Ho-Hum Story, But With a Teaser of Things to Come!”

The Plot: The third book in Maya Banks’s Sweet series tells Julie’s story. A good friend of Faith’s and Serena’s, Julie is a local salon owner who is infatuated with Faith’s colleague Nathan. Nathan is entirely oblivious to Julie’s advances until she literally strong-arms him (or his dick, that is) into submission.

Zelda’s Take: This might be my least favorite of the Sweet series to date, but there’s enough of a teaser in it of things to come
Kerste
This story...I just don't know. I was compelled to read it. So that alone gives it 3 stars. And it left me wanting to read the next one...I love authors smart enough to weave story lines together and Maya Banks does a good job.

But this book, looking back. Really? Nathan nearly falls into the TSTL category. On the one hand, he has this whole mental train of thought about how he doesn't really know how women's minds work and he's tentative at best, unless there's a blind fold involved. But then a
Erika
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, ho, ho....Nathan and Julie. My, my...where to start? I loved that they both were so into each other, but had no clue how to show it. Julie seemed so sweet and innocent, but she proved me wrong not far into the book. Poor Nathan. Once he realized what was going on and just how Julie felt he was like a madman full of love, lust, and possessiveness. However, before Julie and Nathan ended up together it wasn't all fun and games. Well, for Julie it was for awhile. She decided that Nathan would ...more
Darcy
I didn't think that this book was as good as the first 2 in this series.

What I didn't like about this book was how crude and rude Julie was. Often times she came across so abrasive that I wondered why any man would be interested in her. She was even like that to her friends. And don't even get me started about her calling everyone a heifer! I hate it when people call each other that.

What I did like about the book was some of Julie's actions. I loved it when she finally decided to get Nathan
Aղցela W.
Julie Stanford is a strong, independent woman that is very sure of herself. Julie has wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her only Nathan doesn't take notice and she is tired of wanting. Julie goes to Damon Roche owner of the House from book two in this series about making her dreams to true she wants two men totally there for her pleasure. These two MCs are my favorite couple ...more
Alyssa
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
3.50 Stars

I was really looking forward to this story because of the teasers & groundwork that given to us in the previous book. Nathan & Julie were such real characters in their demeanor & personalities, that I felt like I was reading a true-story.

Nathan - the nervous, non-confident, anxious & clueless male when faced with an assertive female who knows what she wants. Even though it turned him on, he was still unsure of how to approach & deal with Julie.

Julie - the take
Another copy of 50 shades? 11 67 Feb 20, 2014 09:37AM
The World of Maya...: Sweet Seduction 11 39 Nov 29, 2013 07:29AM
The Happy Housewi...: Sweet Seduction (Sweet, #3) 1 6 Oct 20, 2013 04:46PM

• Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers #5)
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)
  • Mine to Hold (Wicked Lovers, #6)
  • Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1)
  • Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)
  • Ours to Love (Wicked Lovers, #7)
  • Guilty Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #11)
  • His to Take (Wicked Lovers, #9)
  • Theirs to Cherish (Wicked Lovers, #8)
  • Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage, #5)
  • Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • Bound (Mastered, #1)
  • Filthy Rich
  • Her Fantasy Men
  • Pleasures of the Night
  • Unwound (Mastered, #2)
  • Laid Bare (Brown Family, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

Sweet (6 books)
  • Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1)
  • Sweet Persuasion (Sweet, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Sweet Possession (Sweet, #5)
  • Sweet Addiction (Sweet, #6)
“I've always wanted to be psychoanalyzed in a den of iniquity.” 25 likes
“Do you know how impossible it is to ignore that woman? I'd have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to notice.” 7 likes