Start by marking “Hot for the Holidays (Includes: Mageverse, #5.5; Breeds, #13.5; Wolf Breeds, #6; Stormwalker, #0.5; Dark Magick, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hot for the Holidays (Includes: Mageverse, #5.5; Breeds, #13.5;  Wolf Breeds, #6; Stormwalker, #0.5; Dark Magick, #0.5)

Hot for the Holidays

(Mageverse #5.5)

Featuring four all-new novellas of sensual surprises and seasonal spirits, this collection includes a new tale of the Breeds from Lora Leigh and a return to the world of the Mageverse from Angela Knight.

Vampire's Ball by Angela Knight
Kat Danilo's childhood turned tragic when her sister become the victim of a serial killer. Years later, she gets a chance at justice when
Mass Market Paperback, First Edition, 344 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Hot for the Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot for the Holidays

Start your review of Hot for the Holidays (Includes: Mageverse, #5.5; Breeds, #13.5; Wolf Breeds, #6; Stormwalker, #0.5; Dark Magick, #0.5)
Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-reads
Shapeshifters, vampires, and fae, oh my. And they're each and every one smoking hot! "Hot for the Holidays" is a four-story anthology of paranormal stories, each incorporating a nod to the upcoming holiday season. Since I'm a fan of all four authors, what's not to love?

Angela Knight takes us on a short trip to her Mageverse with "Vampire's Ball" and the story of a vamp Knight and a potential Maja (witch). Is their overwhelming passion just a product of her change? When confronted with a demon fr
Dina
*** NOTE: This rating is for Lora Leigh's A CHRISTMAS KISS only! ***

I usually have a hard time with short stories but LL's story was a 5-star read to me, so this should be enough to tell you how much I loved it. :)

I don't have time to write a full review now, but I'll try to do it when I come back to read the other novellas in this anthology.
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Angela Knight's Mageverse can be confusing, but if you read this short story before any others...this one explains the Mageverse in the simplest, easiest way. In it, a young woman is introduced into the mageverse since she has the potential to become a magi. She is recruited and falls for her sponsor.Good story.

Next was
Allyson James' story "A little Night Music" is great! I've only read her as Jennifer Ashley, and she didn't disappoint here either. I loved the way the Changers and Skinwalker i
24/12 - The best story in the book was definitely Leigh's A Christmas Kiss, possibly because it made the most sense to me as I had already read a few books from the Breeds series. I better understood the world and even recognised a few of the couples from the books I'd previously read. The other story I really liked was Knight's Vampire's Ball. Kat and Ridge were fun together and I would read more from Knight's Mageverse series. Vampire's Ball was a good teaser for the full series.
Mojca
Angela Knight’s Vampire Ball was yet another installment in her Mageverse series, but it was a rather disappointing read. The series also started with a novella in an anthology, but Lance and Grace’s story at least had “body”, it was nicely written and well-paced.
Kat and Ridge’s story only seemed to be trudging along without much substance. It was simply too short and the characters bland. Not even the timely appearance of Lance could save it from doom.

A Little Night Magic by Allyson James also
Kathrynn
Sep 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Fans of any of the Series Included
Four short--hot--Christmas themed stories. Many, if not all, of them were part of a series. Fortunately, I was familiar with two of the series, so knew what was going on in the background. The authors did attempt to run the "Crash Course Series Catchup," but, wow, a lot to absorb and figure out in a SHORT STORY.

Something that bugged me in all the stories were the inexplicable breaks in the printing while the writing continued on as if no break occurred. Weird.

1. Vampire's Ball by Angela Knight
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

** Please not that this review/rating is for Lora Leigh's "A Christmas Kiss" only.

A Christmas Kiss - Rated: 4 Stars

Note: This novella was my first breeds experience and it got me interested enough to start the series.

This one takes place at Haven.

We have Jessica a human who betrayed the breeds, but not because she wanted too. Her father concocted a drug that forced her to do this and she didn’t know. She has lost so much.

Hawke a Breed and Jessica’s mate. He’s known for almost 2 years that he’s
SheLove2Read
May 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
The story by Angela Knight is part of her Mageverse series. I've never read any of them and probably won't. This story didn't do much for me, although I found the concept of the vampire's relationship to Merlin/King Arthur a new and imaginative twist. C+

The story by Allyson James is called "A Little Night Magic". Started out ok with an interesting story, but towards the end it seemed to get sappy, and one of the characters was a little too raunchy for my tastes. D+

"Sweet Enchantment" by Anya Bas
willaful
These were all new-to-me-authors, except Lora Leigh. Two of them I liked enough to want to try again.

“Vampire’s Ball” by Angela Knight.

“My father is one of the Knights of the Round Table. And he’s a vampire.”

Really, what more needs to be said. 1 star.

“A Little Night Magic” by Allyson James.

A bit cruder than I enjoy and could have used more time on character development, but I liked the couple. Nummy hero. 2.5 stars.

“Sweet Enchantment” by Anya Bast.

Set in an Immortals-after-Darkish world of mod
Anna's Herding Cats
Well, damn. First time I've ever wanted to trade places with a candy cane! Love this cover! Hot for the Holidays was chock full of new to me authors. I have read Lora Leigh before but not anything from the Breeds series that her short story came from. Overall this is a very nice anthology with each story happening during the Christmas season. While I enjoyed Knight's and James' contributions the most each of the authors' contributions were enjoyable and kept my interest. I'd pick up books by any ...more
Jessica
Sweet and short — all of these stories were fairly predictable, but enjoyable all the same, with fun world-building that is going to draw me into some new series!
Rise
A Christmas Kiss

I got this to only read A Christmas kiss. It was a lovely story and wished that it could have stretch just a little more, but overall it was a great read for me.
SoBeA
Dec 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Over all a pretty good anthology...Definitely one of the better holiday ones!

The Angela Knight story almost made me wish I was a fan of her mageverse series. It was a decent story, if a bit sparse. She has a good writing style, and this may be a decent intro in that series if you haven't tried it yet.

The Allyson James one almost made me wish I was a fan of Native American romances and made me want to retry her books (I started one of hers ages ago, and hated it so much, I haven't been able to
Gonalez, J
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to my boy billy jay
Recommended to Gonalez, by: peter
I just wanted to say that I am highly pleased with the satisfaction that this novel has given me. I used top work long hard hours in a DENTAC unit in the army leaving me with many lonely nights. This book awoke many sexual prownesses that I never knew I had inside of me. Co-workers do not understand me, and the way I i feel on the inside. I get a lisp just thinking about this novel. Last night I read my favorite chapter and I could feel my back perspire from the intense sexual passion i have yet ...more
Wild_irish_rose
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love the stories in this book even after reading a second time!
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Southwest fantasy; Coyote
Four paranormal romance novellas from four top authors revolving around the theme of sensuality and Christmas...woohoo...

In 2010, Allyson James' "A Little Night Magic" was nominated for the RITA Award by Romance Writers of America for Romance Novella.

The Series
"Vampire's Ball", Mageverse #5.5
"A Little Night Magic", Stormwalker #0.5
"Sweet Enchantment", Dark Magick #1
"A Christmas Kiss", Breeds #13.5

The Stories
Angela Knight's "Vampire's Ball"
A well done novella, providing a good bit of backgrou
Carolyn F.
I read this as part of the anthology Hot for the Holidays - the link won't populate

I haven't read one of this author's books in a long time. Enjoyable story. I think because it was a short story the angst didn't drag on forever which I liked. 3 stars.
Sometime
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
"A little night magic" was the true stand-out in this book. I really liked that one. The rest were just OK.
Sillylittlefishey
Sep 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: in-progress
I read the Lora Leigh story on 9/12/18 and really enjoyed it. Hawke is one of the sweetest breeds and I wish he had gotten a full-sized novel.
Monique Atgood
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Sheila Melo
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Paranomal Collection of Novellas

HOT FOR THE HOLIDAYS contains four novellas that are paranomal romances and which have a small relationship with Christmas season.

VAMPIRE BALL by Angela Knight -- This novella is part of the Mageverse series. Kat Danilo finds out at the age of 26 that her father is one of the Knights of the Round Table and a vampire and that Kat herself might become a witch. Kat decides to try and become an immortal in order find out who killed her sister and seek justice. In
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Nov 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Vampire’s Ball by Angela Knight: 4 stars. This is number 9 in the Mageverse series. I have not read any of the series, but the author did a fantastic job of not confusing me. I figured this would a difficult story for me to get into. There are so few pages in the story, so many books into this series; I expected to be very confused. This was not the case. The author did not fill in the blanks through a ton of rehashing either, she explained the Mageverse world just enough for the story to flow. ...more
Cindy
Dec 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great read. Multi-author anthology. I loved three out of the four stories.

VAMPIRE'S BALL by Angela Knight Good read; it is a Mageverse story and slots in after Master of Dragons and before Master of Fire. Very likable characters although 'caution' does not seem to appear in the heroine's dictionary. The complications with her Mom and biological father add depth to the story.

A LITTLE NIGHT MAGIC by Allyson James Good read. This is listed as a 'prequel' to her Stormwalker due out in May 2010. The
Shannon
Vampire's Ball - Angela Knight - 4 Stars - I really enjoy Knight's spin on Avalon. It's one of my favorites. Kat and Ridge are really good characters, so are Lance and Grace. I look forward to learning more about the Mageverse.

A Little Night Magic - Allyson James - 3 Stars - Good story but kind of drawn out a bit longer than it needed to be.

Sweet Enchantment - Anya Bast - 1 1/2 Stars - OMG finally done! This story was equal parts too slow and too fast. Over detailed and terrible pace.

A Christm
July
Dec 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
The 1st story is a Angela Knight Mageverse. Lancelot send's Ridge after his daughter Kat to find out if she is a Maja. She must return with Ridge to Mageverse to find out. She is not happy about leaving her mother because she has tried to kill herself before. And Christmas is the worst time.

and now he's back. And she is pissed that he thinks he can just walk back into her and her daughters lives again. He says he can explain. But all she wants to say is "I got over you" but really she didn't. Na
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Just finished and it's a 4 star for me. I was only familiar with one of the series in this anthology, but it didn't stop the rest from being quite enjoyable. I was already planning to start the Breeds series, anyway, so this story has me a little bit more excited about it. Loved the prequel to the Stormwalker series by Allyson James. Makes me want to start reading the series over from the beginning before I finally read book 4. The other two stories were from series I was completely unfamiliar w ...more
FlibBityFLooB
I have to say that my favorite part of this book was not the stories in the anthology, but the raunchy cover. ;)

I thought the Christmas/Holiday theme was very weak in this book.

If I had to pick a favorite, it was probably the story by Anya Bast. I tend to like Seelie/Unseelie stories. However, none of the stories really left me wanting more. Perhaps it's my fault that several of them are related to series that I am not involved in, but I was left very disappointed.

Still, the cover made up for i
Kori
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Dear Santa,

I have a bone to pick with you. It appears that you have really dropped the ball with my Christmas gifts for the last 20+ years. Please remedy this situation ASAP with a Christmas hunk of my very own.

Silkeeeeeereads
I have read all of this series to date and only found a couple less than excellent. Very, hot sex!

Merged review:

Cindyg
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Truth, I only read Lora's story and of course I fell in love with the Breeds all over again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #5.5; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Dead After Dark
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse #7)
  • Wild Rain (Leopard People, #1)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Wrath (New Species, #6)
  • Love Bites
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Just Friends
  • Tiger (New Species, #7)
  • Smiley (New Species, #13)
  • Wicked Games (Mageverse #0.25)
  • Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1)
  • Numbers (New Species, #14)
  • Shadow (New Species, #9)
  • All Wound Up (Play by Play, #10)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Mageverse (10 books)
  • Master of the Night (Mageverse #1)
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse #4)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse #5)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse #7)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
  • Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
  • Master of Magic