Start by marking “Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It” as Want to Read:
Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It

Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It

Miss Shinn was an artist, an author and a metaphysics teacher in New York in the early part of the 20th century. Her books are remarkable and revolutionary in her times. They are profound, full of wisdom and have inspired thousands of people for several decades.
She taught that life is a game and in order to play it well, one must learn to understand the universal laws tha
Published December 1st 1978 by DeVorss & Company

To ask other readers questions about Your Word is Your Wand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Word is Your Wand

Start your review of Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It
Vaishali
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Had no idea there was a Part II ... Mostly contains examples of helpful personal affirmations, some of which I'm transcribing to flash cards :
------------------------------

“The affirmation of the magic purse is very powerful, as it brings a vivid picture to the mind. It is impossible not to see your purse or wallet filled with money when using the words, ‘crammed, jammed.’ "

“Happiness and health must be earned by absolute control of the emotional nature.”

“Power moves but is never moved. When man
Gary Dale
Jul 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People deeply interested in Law of Attraction
Recommended to Gary by: Michael Gomes
Florence Scovel Shinn’s Your Word Is Your Wand is a quaint yet interesting book to read if you are one of the millions of people who are interested in the Law of Attraction. Her style is a bit dated and is although it is written in a language more familiar with the contemporaries of the later 19th and earlier 20th centuries much of what she parlays is timeless.

I was able to finish this book in almost record time. This book was an easy read from beginning to end and was quite thought provoking wh
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
The book teaches us to confront doubt, guilt and fear with affirmations of who God is and who we are in Him. This is meant to completely turn things around as the Lord prevails and regain our true status in Him and see His mighty hand at work.
L
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
Full of positive aspirations for different areas of life to live your best life. I do find that this one has a stronger Christian tone than Game of Life. Overall, a good book to establish positive and productive inner dialogue.
BookOfCinz
Short read, this book is filled with daily affirmations for all areas of your life and for all the situations you may be facing.
A timely reminder of how powerful your words are.
Sandra
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful Little Book

This book is filled with wisdom, the affirmations are ones I will definitely put in place in my life. I have been on a manifestation journey and this books was one of the rocks along my path that I will keep in my pocket!
Lenise "Harmony"
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my favorite books and I listen to it every morning.
Sathya
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice reading.. Thanks for the author.. This is really great... We have to choice the right word to change our life..this might the message from universe..thank you universe...
David Kulp
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The late Florence Scovel Shinn wrote several books that included “The Game of Life and How to Play It”, “The Secret Door to Success”, “The Power of the Spoken Word”, and “Your Word is Your Wand”.

The book “Your Word is Your Wand” starts out: “Man’s word is his wand filled with magic and power!” She writes about real life examples in most aspects of life. The chapters include success, prosperity, happiness, love, marriage, forgiveness, loss and debt, sales and interviews, guidance, protection, div
Saeid Mohammadpour
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you’re a person who believes our words don’t have anything to do with our life, this book will totally change your belief. Up to now, most of us(including me) have used so many negative words in our speakings. If we were aware of this fact that our words can be extremely effective(in positive and negative way) in our life, we would be quite careful about what we were saying. This book mentions this point and makes us informed of our words’ power. As the book’s name implies we can use our word ...more
JW
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great read for anyone who is seeking to understand power of the spoken word.
Keshia
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Short read with the majority of content being affirmations grouped by subject (i.e. love) and a short description or story to accompany the affirmations. In some cases, Shinn cites in ailment (i.e. rhematism), its correspondences, and the affirmation. A few affirmations are repeated from her first book and she cites the work and page number where in can be found in her previous work. The affirmations in this book are timeless.
Soroush Zargar
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of materialism or other relevant ways of thinking this book does not work for you. But as I have the idea that "there are some facts that you need to see in order to believe and there are some facts that you need to believe in order to see" then this book at least gives you a great positive vision to life. ...more
Vikas Jadon
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The books by Florence Scovel Shinn habe given a new perspective for life and taught me a new way of life. Being good is good but for a life of happiness, harmony and success we need to be vigilant of our words and thoughts.
It is hard to control the thoughts but as a first step we can watch over our words.
Mario  Cloutier
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
She was most likely a dominant force in the world of metaphysics in her day. I have to admit that I am no longer a fan of such litterature but the book had a lasting impression on me for the longest time.
Isabella May
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet

I love the simplicity of Florence's words. A true pioneer of all things Law of Attraction. Some may find the biblical overtones a little overbearing but if they're taken as a metaphor then this book and its affirmations are a fabulous tool for deliberate creation!
Jewell Moreno
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a companion book to the first. Mostly it is listing affirmations to say over your life to help complete the teachings from the first. I couldn't recommend this author more. Read these books.
Andrea
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Some good quotes in here, interesting interpretations of Bible verses, but idk... I think you really need to try out the manifestation suggestions herein to see if they work, so I will withhold judgment until I do so.
ProsperityJoy ProsperityJoy
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read my review for Ms.Shinn's other book "The Game of Life and How to Play It" her sequel "Your Word Is Your Wand" is just as riveting. This sequel hones in on the power of our words and how we can use them for goodwill or impediments in our life. Definitely worth taking note! ...more
Sandy
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Written in the late 1920's as a a compilation of many of Shinn's prosperity affirmations. She was remarkable for her time, and still has great appeal and validity today. ...more
Linda Ballesteros
This book taught me the importance and the POWER of affirmations and how to use them to manifest our dreams.
Bill Kasal
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Simply written (in a style of the earl 20th century). Wisdom for the ages.
Lolita Korneagay
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I live Florence Scovel Shinn and I have read everything that she has written. I wish she was still alive today.
Selda
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: positive
Amazing affirmations to a healthy, happy and successful life.
Fireball Tim
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fireball-reads
A true Metaphysical Classic, but start with THE GAME OF LIFE AND HOW TO PLAY IT.
Kath Unsworth
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
All good for the positive life we all need. The affirmations are well thought out. I just love the whole thought process of these books.
Jo-Ann
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book is as relevent today as it was went it was written!
Liz Venter
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to "the game of life and how to play it". Enjoyed every page ...more
Steven
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
informative read regarding the power of the mind
Gary
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inside I found inspiring affirmations from a Christian perspective.
Highlights 1 4 May 26, 2017 08:57AM

• The Seven Day Mental Diet: How To Change Your Life In A Week
  • 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Change Me Prayers: The Hidden Power of Spiritual Surrender
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • VisualFestation
Florence Scovel Shinn (September 24, 1871, Camden, New Jersey – October 17, 1940) was an American artist and book illustrator who became a New Thought spiritual teacher and metaphysical writer in her middle years. In New Thought circles, she is best known for her first book, The Game of Life and How to Play It (1925).

Her books "Your Word Is Your Wand" and "The Game of Life and How To Play It" were

News & Interviews