Start by marking “United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror” as Want to Read:
United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror

United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
United in Hate analyzes the Left's contemporary romance with militant Islam as a continuation of the Left's love affair with communist totalitarianism in the twentieth century. Just as the Left was drawn to the communist killing machines of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Castro, so too it is now attracted to radical Islam.Both the radical Left and radical Islam possess a ...more
Published March 3rd 2009 by WND Books (first published February 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about United in Hate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United in Hate

Gary
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have often wondered with both genuine puzzlement and rage, why the radical Left seems to have vigorously supported every murderous tyranny on the face of the earth, providing it is anti-Western.
It has always been galling and sickening how left wing radicals have had no humanity towards anyone who was a victim of the totalitarian regimes or bloodthirsty terrorist movements that they have supported over the last century.
The shameful death cult odyssey that has lead left wing radicals of the inte
Brian
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
The most ambitious chapter in this book is #2 where Glazov attempts to explain why the Leftist is the way he is. And his argument rests on these pillars: the believer is alienated from his society, he fantasizes about creating a perfect society in its place, he lacks meaning in life that frustrates him from establishing real and lasting interpersonal relationships, and he rejects the basic reality of the human condition that human beings are flawed and selfish.

He writes "The believer...is comple
Jay
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I didn't need a book to tell me that the American Left is essentially a death cult--their embrace of abortion and euthanasia, and apparent eagerness to destroy Judeo-Christian capitalist culture, already convinced me of that long ago. But this well-researched and persuasively written volume by PhD historian Jamie Glazov looks more deeply into the psychology of _why_ leftists so hate the culture and nations that give them freedom and opportunity, and instead flock to support the bloodiest regimes ...more
Lynne
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fascinating theories on why those on the far left think and behave the way they do. The ideas ring true and make sense, even when applied to more moderate progressives. A worthy read for those of all political stripes.
eliezer d lugo jr
Why hasn't more folks read this book? It's sure to open the eyes of those liberal's in Washington.

This is one book I recommend for all of humanity to read. Highly informative and to the point. American will only survive if it learns the lessons of this book.
William F
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unable to find meaning in life, many of the ‘Left’ find meaning in death. They strive to fill the void in their life with causes. Since our society no longer needs to struggle for food each day, they are a ‘lost’ group, finding a new purpose to live for. We are no longer taught to live our life for God, to mimic Jesus in out actions, to practice self-denial or to put the needs of other first. As our society slowly eases restrictions on deviant behaviors more will need to find fulfillment by dyin ...more
James Francis McEnanly
Embracing the viper

One of Aesop's fables concerns a farmer who found a half frozen viper. Taking pity on the venomous serpent he placed it inside his jacket to warm it. Upon reviving, the viper bit the farmer, mortally wounding him. This is exactly the position that modern liberals put themselves in in embracing ideologies whose adherents would just as soon kill them if they ever had the liberals in their power. This has happened not once, but twice, first with militant Communism, and now again
Петър Стойков
Къде що има някакво диктаторче, което се заканва на Америка, левичарите по цял свят му се възхищават...

Прочети цялото ревю: http://kaka-cuuka.com/knigi/obedineni...
Eliyahu Greitzer
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally a physiological account for the progressive phenomenon (rather than just ideological analysis). Very deep and very, maybe too detailed. A must book for understanding where the Western elites are pushing, hopefully, unsuccessfully.
Look for more detailed reviews of this book. It deserves it.
Angela
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Must read!
Kitty Red-Eye
It's been a few years since I read this, after a friend insisted. I remember I found it pretty off: Where I think other critics of the political Left, like Nick Cohen or Christopher Hitchens, know their subject, I get the impression that Glazov doesn't really know the Left very well. He makes no difference between, say, the large European social democratic parties and feverish Maoists, which makes the whole book a bit difficult to take seriously. Still, there is no denying that you'll find a lot ...more
RJ Wit
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a possible explanation for the left's infatuation with violent regimes, from communist Russia to the islam. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious, seeing how the people that would repress them the most (remember, leftist regimes love killing intellectuals) get the most praise from the left.
Milena
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Не е лоша, обаче не и особено добра.
Atheists
Mar 08, 2016
Joshua Rosenblum
Jun 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Russian-born Canadian political commentator.

His parents were soviet dissidents who left the Soviet Union in 1972.

He is the managing editor of FrontPage Magazine, the online publication founded by David Horowitz. He specializes in Soviet Studies, and US and Canadian foreign policy. Nowadays he runs a Web TV talkshow called "The Glazov Gang"
More about Jamie Glazov

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99