Start by marking “Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics” as Want to Read:
Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics

Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics

Sewing with all-natural fabrics can make an incredible difference in the quality of the items we make, with a look and feel that provides the ultimate in comfort. The twenty-five simple sewing projects in this book offer home accessories made from linen, wool, and cotton, from durable linen aprons to cozy wool blankets and washable cotton lunch bags.

This book is full of b
Published April 14th 2009 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about Linen, Wool, Cotton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Linen, Wool, Cotton

Mary Baumer
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a book I would normally pick up. It was a mystery wrapped book at my local library. I enjoyed it and just wish I sewed.
Molly
Aug 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: sewing-crafts
I have always liked Shambala Publications, and every book I have read, so far, by their artsy imprint, Trumpeter Books (e.g. The Creative Family) I have liked.

This book is no exception. I, like the author, love linen, cotton, and wool. They are ancient, ancient fabrics and sewing and working with them ties us back to ancient Egypt, long ago Scotland, and early America, respectively.

The photos are very zen, very light, and airy. If a sewing book has poor photography, buy beware, say I!

I love her
Tonileg
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
25 Simple projects to sew with natural fabrics by Akiko Mano.
List of possible projects in the book is the follow:
Linen: Sarong Apron, Handkerchief, slouch Bag, hand towel, wastebasket Cover, Duvet cover, pillowcases, dish towels, fruit bag, apron.
Wool: Muffler, socks, Mary Jane slippers, blanket, hot water bottle cover, lap blanket and Messenger bag.
Cotton: Jumper, hanging Pockets, Floor mat, small bag, sweets mat, lingerie case, lunch bag, parent/child bags.
Plus there is a simple guide to cross
Lauren
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
As someone else said in their review this book is more aesthetically pleasing than something I am actually going to sew the patterns from.

It feels clean, minimalist, and very zen. I love the color pallet and the hand drawn illustrations for the step by step. It's everything I want in a craft book except I probably wont actually make anything! It mostly made me want to make delicate tone on tone embroidered handkerchiefs.
Sylvia
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: how-to, non-fiction
This book is beautiful, though the one thing I wanted to make has a mistake in the instructions! If you try to make the carryall bag as well, watch out for the length of the straps. They are not 13"! You'll have to make them longer than the top band of the bag in order for it to fit properly.
Phoebe
Feb 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafttastic
Beautiful, soothing sense of mood and tone. The essays, though interesting as a concept, were rather dry and I wasn't sure their purpose. I haven't yet tried a project -I suspect, as a non-experienced-sewer, I won't find the projects as quite as easy as they appear. We shall see!
Morag
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. The projects are simple and elegant and the short essays throughout inspiring. I have done many of the projects and have always been happy. The images are beautiful too. Sometimes i just flip through it. Would highly recommend it.
Mckinley
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, non-fiction, sew
Simple patterns. Like choice of fabrics
Eling
Sep 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
lovely book, full of inspiration. not enough words for me to really count as a book read, but a great reference.
Erica
Aug 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Pretty, simple patterns. I see a few that I would attempt at some point.
Kweli
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book. Just started sewing again, and this book has introduced me to the use of natural fabrics and the "upcycling" of re-purposing quailty garments I already own.
Kat (Why Read)
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I was so excited about this book until I saw that the only thing I cared to recreate was the Mary Jane slippers.
Amy
Jul 07, 2013 added it
One of the best basic sewing books out there.
Cathy
May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Love these Japanese influenced designs. Now I have to find time to make them!
Megan Laidlaw