Start by marking “Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)

Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  52,134 Ratings  ·  1,052 Reviews

After years of independence, Cameron had to learn to live with his brothers again, while he struggled with cooking, cleaning, and cari
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published January 1st 1998 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Sea Swept, please sign up.
Nic The Witness is my personal favorite - so much so that I buy all the used copies I see at the library to give away to any of my friends who are looking…moreThe Witness is my personal favorite - so much so that I buy all the used copies I see at the library to give away to any of my friends who are looking for a new book to read.

I also really enjoyed Tribute.

If you're looking for or are open to something a little odd, her In Death series is absolutely wonderful with a good mix of dark content and levity.(less)
Trish Butler The suspense in this story is really spread over all four books. You don't get all the answers until then.

jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
What is it about Nora Roberts' Quinn brothers that makes them so special? They're rough and tumble, they swear a lot, they like to be in charge, they're all good-looking. But I think it's the fact that they were once all troubled boys who were saved by two good people who instilled in them a sense of family, love, and loyalty that lasted even when they were grown and their adopted parents gone.

Sea Swept tells the story of the first of those boys, Cameron. He was the first troubled boy that Ray a
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
I'm kind of giving up on ever being an official Nora Roberts fan. It's a shame, since I have tons of her books waiting to be read adorning the shelves, and I know she's a popular and prolific writer who dishes out so many books per year witchcraft may actually be involved.

Thankfully Sea Swept is a huge improvement over the predictable, formulaic Montana Sky I read in January. I actually like the brothers - they cracked me up - especially when arguing over the domestic duties. (Pink laundry? Mwha
Mo
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

A nice read but nothing overwhelming. I think the reason that this did not "wow" me more is that it didn't have the "suspense/mystery" element that that other books that I have read by her had!

A champion boat racer, Cameron Quinn traveled the world spending his winnings on champagne and women. But when his dying father called him home to care for Seth, a troubled young boy not unlike Cameron once was, his life changed overnight ...

“You don’t want to get in the habit of overusing
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars
Final rating - for the whole series: 4.5~4.75/5 stars

This is the second book I've read from Nora Roberts and I was not disappointed. Whenever I saw Nora's books in the bookstore my first thought was: murder case! (Not saying that all her books are about murder cases, but somehow i have that luck of picking up every single one with a killer in it). This time it's different. This is a story of a family - three adopted brothers who, after the death of their father, accept to
Fani *loves angst*
DNF for the second time. At least now I reached almost 90% before giving up:) It's not bad, but I really can't get over the heroine screwing one of her 'cases' -very unprofessional & unethical- and the complete lack of tension between them. Not sexual tension, there was tons of that, but conflict. I mean, it's a story of boy meets girl, girl likes boy, they start dating, having sex and then realizing it was more serious than they first thought. No problems, no big fights, no differences betw ...more
Julianna
Jun 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary Romance w/Family Drama
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Until now, I had never read a Nora Robert's book. Yeah, I know, how can I, a self-proclaimed romance junkie, not have read any books from the queen of the romance genre? Honestly, I don't know, but now, I've rectified that with Sea Swept, the first in her Chesapeake Bay Saga. I'd heard wonderful things about this series, so I thought it would be a great one to start my foray into Ms. Robert's almost overwhelming backlist. It was a very good story that worked exceptionally
Jana
The main thing I object is, cliché. Am I that stupid? Yes, I am. I really enjoy romances, quick light fix of alpha male and alpha female, just it’s hard to find an intelligent romance. But it is. Most of them are so badly written, that every time when I see so many 5 stars, I think about the readers and the old lady and her cats metaphor. Don't you have any whatsoever criteria if you rate THIS book 5 stars?

Why do they have to be so transparent? Quick fix doesn't necessarily need to be shallow a
Alex is The Romance Fox
I'm going thru yet another Nora Roberts "phase" and reading her books again.

I have always loved this series and Cameron's HEA is one of my favorites. He's just as a fabulous alpha-hero. Playboy boat racer who is suddenly faced with great changes in his life, after his adopted father's death.

Nora Roberts writes the most amazing family sagas and this is one of those. Three troubled teenagers who are adopted by the Quinn's who are having to deal with Seth, who was in the process of being adopted be
Val
My first book by Nora Roberts was "Vision in White". I actually read the entire series (Bride Quartet) since I bought the 4 books at the same time. I liked it but there was something lacking, something that didn't capture me as other stories do.
I was even reluctant to read Nora Roberts again but she has so many books and she's considered one of the best romance authors, so how could I not give her books another try?
I looked through her series and found the Chesapeake Bay Saga. The summary of S
Rachel
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
This felt like a surface book to me. There was no depth at all. The characters had very little development, and Anna and Cam had no chemistry at all, so I have no idea why the got together. Anna was annoying and got mad every two seconds for no reason. Anna's sob story did not ring true, and felt fake and forced, as if put there to make her seem real, when it had the opposite effect. Cam's sob story was never discussed; it just loomed in the distance for basically no reason.

I felt nothing for t
Glamdring
*Review without spoilers*

“Don’t mix up who I am and what I am,” she told him quietly. “You have to be honest with me, or the rest of it means nothing.”

He was on his knees on the platform as he spoke, using his hands to show her. And still leaving her in the dark.
But it didn’t matter whether she understood the technique he described or not. She understood him. He might not realize it yet, but he had fallen in love with this place, and with the work he would do here.

This was at least my fourth r
Mara
My keyboard died on me today, and since I'm now using the on-screen keyboard (which is annoying me), I'll try to keep this short and to the point.

I can see why Nora Roberts gets her spots on the bestseller lists: she writes the kind of romance that, in order to appeal to the masses, turns out so generic and familiar. It's like you've already read this book, that's how cliched it is. There are all the obligatory elements: a family with issues, dark pasts, precocious kids, cute dogs, a small town
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible, romance, steamy
A decent story and a fun setting, but I really hated the romance in this one. Roberts is good and this one was written in the late 90s and that's about the time I have designated in my head when I don't expect a true loser or something I won't enjoy. And that expectation stands—it's a good story and I cared about most of the characters and the setting is outstanding.

But I kind of hated Cam. He's a selfish jerk from start to finish and he gets things his own way, far, far too often. And I hate th
Cyndi
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Cameron Quinn. *sigh* It's not that he's not handsome, exciting and sexy but he can be a bit dense when it comes to love.
He has lived the last ten years racing boats and sleeping with beautiful women. Then the father who took him out of the gutter, adopted him and gave him a family, dies suddenly.
Cam rushes home to find his father was in the process of adopting another troubled boy. Now Cam and his two brothers have to raise Seth.
Along the way he meets the pretty case worker in charge of t
Foxfire
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF. I liked the writing, and enjoyed the interaction between the Quinn brothers, but I could not relate to the romance.

Problems:

In the opening scene we meet the hero, Cam, as a love-them-and-leave-them type who uses women and tosses them aside like used tissues.

A bit later we meet Anna, a dedicated social worker who takes on the case of Cam's young foster brother.

After Anna has made two professional visits to the Quinn home, Cam turns up uninvited at her apartment late in the evening. The two e
Glamdring
*buddy listening with Blacky <333*

Here's the link to my previous review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Jane Stewart
Solid, well done romance with good relationship development. Racer gives up the fast life to help a foster child.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
College professors teaching romance-fiction courses assigned this book to their students (per Romantic Times magazine Sep 2009). For that reason I thought I’d try it. It has a different take on the romance formula which I liked. Many or most romance novels have a tough alpha male, single not wanting to settle down. Then he meets a female he can’t resist, falls in lo
Freda Malone
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is your typical romance novel and I like romance novels ONLY when I'm in the mood for one. This one was a good one. Made me feel good. This being the first in a series, I'm not sure I will jump on the next one until I'm in the mood for more romance.

The Quinn's, Cameron, Phillip and Ethan, have promised their dying father that they will take care of the newest member of the Quinn's, Seth, who is 10 years old. An abused young child who simply got caught in the crosshairs of a vindictive coll
Brenda (b)
Jul 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Brenda (b) by: Isis_FG
I loved this book! I'm glad I decided to read it after seeing Isis_FG's review of it. The interaction between the brothers was wonderful and, in my opinion, made the whole story worthwhile. I felt the romance between Cameron and Anna actually came second place to the story of the Quinn family and that was the perfect way it should be. It's about Cameron finding his true path in life and embracing it. And, of course, he finds love for Anna and Seth too. I'm anxious to read the rest of the series.
Shelly
Nov 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reviewed on 06/19/12: This is where it all began! Well, where my love affair with NR began anyway. I use to have a job where the work was so mind-numbingly boring I could listen to audio books all day. I started with the library, and since I had never read any NR yet, I picked this one at random. That was five years ago, and I've been trying to finish her backlist ever since.

I'll admit at first, I wasn't in love with our hero Cameron, nor his lady Anna. I thought Cam was a tad unlikable and Anna
Angela
This is my favorite series by Nora Roberts. I re-read it at least once a year. And it's always immensely satisfying.

To give some background, you have the Quinns (Ray and Stella) who, though they couldn't have children of their own, made a family out of three unwanted boys. Trouble-makers, damaged, and severely injured - either in body, mind, or heart, and sometimes all three, Ray and Stella took them in and made them a home. Gave them family, love, care, and a future.

When Cam is in Monaco after
Vi~Inkvotary
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-o-a-c, novel, pb, re-read

Originally posted on Gone With The Books

Sea Swept is the first book of the Chesapeake Bay Saga. It tells how three grown up men fight for their new brother, what they do and what they have to sacrifice to achieve their goal: to keep their fathers legacy alive.
Beautiful:

Nora Roberts has a very unique way of telling stories. Sea Swept is no exception. With sensitiveness and a fine humor, this novel shows every aspect, a reader wants to see in a good book.

Sea Swept is the very wonderful and beautiful writte
Mitch Castro
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave, rant-and-rave
Nora Roberts is not my first favorite author but the badass characters in this series of her were definitely the first I've ever read. This made me realize that THIS is my thing. Not the sappy romance novels or the totally erotic ones.

Cameron Quinn was my first badass encounter. At first, I didn't understand him. He made an impression on me as rude, selfish and blithe sonofabitch. But eventually, I flushed those impressions down the drain. He's just a lost-in-his-own-way family-oriented type of
Esther
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am very concerned for this couple. (view spoiler) ...more
Helena
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me he enamorado de este libro. Tal vez sea ese toque atemporal, ese carácter fuerte en él o en esa sabiduría innata en ella... pero he caído ante esta historia como lo hice con Jed Skimmerhorn.

Deseando conocer la historia de los hermanos que me quedan!!
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. A light and simple contemporary romance with interesting characters. I plan to continue on to the next in the series. Oddly, this book is classified as a paranormal which it is not. Well, there is a possible conversation or two with a ghost, but that can't make a book a paranormal, can it?
Tiffany PSquared
This could have easily become one of my favorite NR novels if not for a few bothersome things. But even while being annoyed by those needling things, I am still looking forward to continuing this series and seeing how these brothers cope with their new life circumstances.
What I Liked:
-The characters. I loved that the focus was on the men. So often we only see the emotional part of a romance from the female point of view. This time, we see depth of emotion from the males as well - emotions other
Allison ☾
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was my first time reading Nora Roberts. My mom and aunts have been huge fans for years, but it's not something I would have typically picked up. I read Sea Swept because my mom recommended it to me and I decided to give it a chance.

This book was really amazing. It was touching, humorous and left me in good spirits. The storyline was so touching to me, I would have enjoyed the book just as much without any romance or steamy scenes. I don't know if I'm ready to call myself a Nora Roberts fan
Mikey Fernández
3,5. Muy entretenido & fácil de leer. Me sobran las escenas más erotico-festivas pero me encanta el rollo “feel good” a lo hallmark y telefilm de A3 que tiene.
Sea Swept 16 135 Apr 06, 2015 11:42PM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Sea Swept (December 2014 Book of the Month) 58 70 Apr 04, 2015 09:05PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Imitation in Death (In Death, #17)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
More about Nora Roberts

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
“Please let me go."
"Anna." He lowered his brow to hers. "Don't ask me to do that, because I don't think I can live without you. Take a chance, roll the dice. Come with me.”
18 likes
“I can't say I cared much for you when I first came back. There's that crappy attitude of yours, and you're ugly, but you kind of grow on a guy."
Immensely cheered, Seth snickered. "You're uglier."
"I'm bigger, I'm entitled. So I guess I'll hang around to see if you get any prettier as time goes on."
"I didn't really want you to go," Seth said under his breath after a long moment. It was the closest he could get to speaking his heart.
"I know.”