Start by marking “Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3)

Stone Cold

(Camel Club #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  37,254 ratings  ·  1,620 reviews
The #1 bestselling author of The Collectors and Simple Genius returns with STONE COLD...an unforgetable novel of revenge, conspiracy, and murder that brings a band of unlikely heroes face-to-face with their greatest threat.

Published November 6th 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

Transfer of Power by Vince FlynnThe Hunt for Red October by Tom ClancyDeception Point by Dan BrownProtect and Defend by Vince FlynnThe Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
Political Thrillers
383 books — 580 voters
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownAngels & Demons by Dan BrownThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Thrillers
3,260 books — 4,176 voters

More lists with this book...

·  37,254 ratings  ·  1,620 reviews

Start your review of Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3)
Luffy
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yes! He's dead! Finally. This book started well, picked up pace, and ended breathlessly. I am so glad to have read this book in the state of mind that I did. Sometimes a good book is wasted because of the wrong disposition of the reader, but I devoured Stone Cold (vague title, by the way) like it was my last book. The best aspects of this book are spoiler laden. Let me just say that when Baldacci kills off characters he makes them count. I'm beginning to think that this author is totally ...more
Vignesh Ashok Kumar
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating - 7.5/10(Good) - Get down!! More Revenge coming up your way!!

After reading the Camel Club series as a whole, the order of the books from better to worst is -
#5 > #4 > #2 > #3 >#1

This book started to pick up where the second novel left off. This novel started out with a bang. But as it went on, the story became more affiliated towards the revenge and it became more repetitive with more cliches thrown in at times.

The plot points covered in the second novel were neatly tied
Lee Battersby
Jun 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
There isn't a cliche in the world that David Baldacci doesn't hit in this book. Leaden prose, two-dimensional characters, the standard retired-super-soldier-with-secret-past plot.... this is Lee Child for the silver set, so greyishly familiar and just downright stupid that it might be the first novel to pass the Turing Test, it's so hard to believe it was written by a human author and didn't, somehow, write itself from a few choice prompts. Don't bother.

Toni Osborne
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Camel Club, book 3

Annabelle Conroy is again joining Oliver Stone and the Camel Club's group of mismatched characters in this suspenseful and unforgettable novel of revenge, conspiracy and murder.

The previous novel "The Collector" (a must read) laid the background for this novel, in it Annabelle Conroy pulled a con on Casino king Jerry Bagger and she is now hunted by him and needs all the resources the Camel Club can provide to protect her.

While protecting Annabelle, the group faces a new
Mahoghani 23
Carter Gray & Roger Simpson are two of the most self-serving people who should not be in leadership positions but they are. They've sacrificed others for their own benefit as well as taken lives.....now they're on the receiving end of their own devious plots. Someone wants them dead and has the skills and capabilities to do so. As usual, Carter Gray sacrifices John Carr aka Olver Stone. The price for that deception is something neither Roger or Carter can afford.

This story was written to
Mark
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of decent thriller & david Baldacci
Recommended to Mark by: the satisfactory writing of David Baldacci
The sequel to The Collectors and book 3 in the Camel Club series, offers once again two seperate storylines that this time do not merge at all. They take place side by side. First of the Annabelle part of the story gets its conclusion when Jerry Bagger gets his chance to apprehend the girl he could have loved but conned him out of 40 million dollars. And we all know a man has gotta do what a mans gotta do. The ending of this story was unavoidable but decent enough.
Story two is in essence a
Corey
This is the first book by David Baldacci that I've read, and since it was the third installment in the Camel Club series and I haven't read the previous two books I thought I'd be lost with this one. But no, it was very straightforward, and right up my alley, and since reading this book I've become a big David Baldacci fan.
Diane
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twists, turns, truths, lies, and some really nasty characters - some new, some not! The Camel Club again is thrown into a fact finding mission, plus they are on the run from someone or a couple of someones wanting them dead! Great read for those that like espionage thrillers.

From the blurb: Oliver Stone, the leader of the mysterious group that calls itself the Camel Club, is both feared and respected by those who've crossed his path. Keeping a vigilant watch over our leaders in Washington, D.C.,
Inqiad Ali
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars.
In the third book of the Camel Club series, we get to see how the club kills the Casino King Jerry Bagger, and how John Carr's mysterious past comes back to haunt him. His former Triple Six comrades are killed by a seemingly traitor former CIA operative's son and makes an attempt on taking the life of former NIC chief Carter Gray, but fails. Carr, being warned by Gray himself moments before the attack, thinks that it is the same killer.
In order to extract the truth, Gray frames up the
Carol
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
First read: This is Book 3 of the Camel Club Series. There are lots of characters, good guys and bad guys, fair amount of violence, and I found it kind of interesting. One of few books my husband and I have listened to together. We read these books with a little different value system. So we like different things about them. I really thought it was good, and he not so much, but it keeps your interest. Great book, unfortunately I've gone in to reading the third camel club book without knowing ...more
Benjamin Thomas
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
The third book of the Camel Club series is a direct continuation of book 2, The Collectors with the continuing plot line involving Annabelle and the aftermath of her long con operation against Casino mogul Jerry Bagger. We also have a new plot line involving the one-after-another deaths of people from Oliver Stone’s shadowy past, which seems likely to catch up to Stone as well at some point. This time around we get a lot more information about Stone’s history and we get to see a side of him that ...more
Linda Munro
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
In November, when I broke out with Shingles for the second time in my life, my doctor was concerned, but four months later when it happens again; I ended up sitting in her office nearly an entire day; thank heaven, I brought a book!

I love David Baldacci! I learned about his books on goodreads.com, which, by the way, is the only place I now check for books and authors!

This is the third book in the Camel Club series, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I am reading these books well after they have
Barry
Jun 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Another page turner in the style my friend Laura calls Scooby Doo stories. There are miraculous resolutions brought on by incredible coincidences that bring the story to an end.
Mind you, there were a few miraculous incidents along the way as the story developed as well. Characters were blessed with almost divine omniscience to know exactly what their antagonists were doing and thinking.
While all the juggling is taking place, snipers shooting through photos at a quarter mile and so forth, the
Jack Heath
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars. You'll enjoy an early sequence in this one. Carter Grey, the former CIA Director and nemisis of Oliver Stone, has just received the US Medal of Freedom at the White House; as he's leaving the grounds, he passes Stone on the curb and rolls down the window to say "Hello" only to receive the finger. I liked the book but found it a little too much of a chase with not enough of the conspiracy aspects of the earlier entries. One of Oliver's friends, Annabelle Conroy has conned $40M out of ...more
Keith
Oct 05, 2008 rated it liked it
A quick read that rates high on the entertainment scale but stretches the credulity of even regular fans of “secret government” paranoia. An old guy with all of the physical strength of a twenty year old but the experience of decades, a mind like a computer and the structural character of an ancient oak who has actually learned something from his past mistakes. Hmm..I like the concept but…nah, I’ll stick with superman or 007.
Jill Ibsen
Jan 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
David Baldacci will most likely get a 5 star rating from me each and every time. I absolutely love his stories...I get so wrapped up in the characters! Especially the Camel Club bunch. *Spoiler alert* This could very well be the last of the Camel Club books. I am bummed :( But as usual, I had trouble putting it down at all!!! So good!!!
Claire
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: precinct-81
I wasn’t really enthousiastic about this novel, though I can understand people like it.
It fel like watching a rather flat tv movie, I can’t say it was horrible... However I’ve allready almost forgotten what it was about.
Natalie M
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
The third in the Camel Club series and it doesn’t disappoint. There are the expected Baldacci cliches, tension and espionage but it is also a little different in the concurrency of storylines. The intrigue surrounding Oliver Stone grows when he is forced into a confrontational situation with his ex-boss. Annabelle brings a definite ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ element to the 3# instalment. There are some gaps (and gaffes) but a solid, intriguing, page-turning thriller which ends with the need to read ...more
kartik narayanan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the review of the entire Camel Club series at my my blog

Stone Cold is an excellent entry in the Camel Club universe. It ties up the loose ends from The Collector while having a strong main story line independent of those ends. The previous entry, The Collectors, is a so so book and I was afraid that the series had taken a nose dive. Stone Cold redeems the series and rekindled my interest in the Camel Club.

Coming to the book itself - themes like redemption, revenge and forgiveness are
Emilie Haney
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, thriller
I really enjoyed this third book in the Camel Club series! I liked it much better than book 2. I think Baldacci just does incredible jobs with forming "soldier heroes". His character Harry Finn reminds me a lot of John Puller (a character whom I LOVE) from Baldacci's Puller series and the way his love for his family is portrayed along with the "other" things he's a part of really walk that line between loving his character and yet hating what he has to do.

As always, the Camel Club is awesome! I
Brenda H
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this third installment of the Camel Club series, we begin to get more of Oliver Stone's history. Someone is killing Oliver's teammates from his CIA days. Oliver needs to find out who and why before they come after him. If that wasn't enough to keep Oliver and his Camel Club buddies busy, Annabelle Conroy is back in town with Jerry Bagger hot on her heels.

I listened to this on audiobook and really enjoyed the story. The story was interesting, fast-paced, and kept the listener wondering. An
Patricia Williams
David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors but I must say The Camel Club series is not my favorite by him. I do enjoy any book he writes but this is my main complaint about this book and other Camel Club books. Too many characters, too many names to keep up with and then some of the characters have two names. So I spent some time looking back and forth in the book and trying to remember who was being spoken of. Other than that, the book was very good and a good story. I would recommend to ...more
Vikas
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Third part of Camel Club series and so much better and fast paced. This one again sees two parallel stories where one guy is killing people and on the other hand our camel club is going through life adjusting after the events of the last book. This was fast quick fun but what a sad end to a wonderful story (No Spoilers from my side).
Betty
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent book! The short chapters keeps your saying just one more before lights out - 10 chapters later you are still reading. I am going back to read the first book in the series before I read the last two. Great writer, keeps reader locked into the story and the characters.
Miriam Smith
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite Camel Club book, action packed, a page turner from start to finish. Would recommend.
Tim
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
An excellent story with good writing and action. 8 of 10 stars.
Nathan Clement
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nathan Clement Summer reading assessment 9-14-17

The fiction book, Stone Cold by David Baldacci was amazing! My book was about a man, Oliver Stone and the rest of the members of the Camel Club. This club is a club of civilian troublemakers in Washington DC. They all got along well until Annabelle Conroy, the first woman to join the group, which disrupts the flow of the once just men group. I really liked this book because instead of a lot of dialogue, there was a lot of descriptions of the
Lauren Roberts
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Max Grafflin
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is about a ragtag group of friends who protect Washington, D.C. from unsupervised area's in the government. The main plot line follows a woman name Annabelle Conroy, who is a honorary member of the Camel Club, she just robbed a man by the name of Jerry Badger out of 40 million dollars. The Camel Club has to save her from being captured by Jerry or else just like Annabelle's mother she too will be killed by Jerry. While that is also going on there is a man named Harry Finn who looks ...more
Threasa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Camel Club is at it again with nonstop action and political intrigue. Oliver Stone and the rest of the Camel Club try to keep tabs on politicians and keep them straight. Annabelle Conroy is a con artist to the extreme. She is running from a casino owner after running a con on him. Oliver and Annabelle team up to try to stop the men who ordered Oliver's wife murdered.
Goodreads Librari...: please add new page count 2 11 Aug 19, 2017 10:37AM
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN-978-0-446-57739-1 2 28 Jan 23, 2013 12:32PM
adventure/mystery 3 47 Aug 30, 2011 08:03AM

• Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23)
  • Dark Sacred Night (Harry Bosch, #21; Renée Ballard, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #31)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • The Guardians
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)
  • Echo Park (Harry Bosch, #12; Harry Bosch Universe, #16)
  • Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8)
  • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
  • The Closers (Harry Bosch, #11; Harry Bosch Universe, #14)
  • Cleaning the Gold (Jack Reacher, #23.6; Will Trent, #8.5)
  • Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2)
  • The Black Box (Harry Bosch, #16; Harry Bosch Universe, #24)
  • The Reckoning
  • Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp, #9)
  • Run for Your Life (Michael Bennett, #2)
David Baldacci has been writing since childhood, when his mother gave him a lined notebook in which to write down his stories. (Much later, when David thanked her for being the spark that ignited his writing career, she revealed that she’d given him the notebook to keep him quiet, "because every mom needs a break now and then.”) He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; it was ...more

Camel Club (5 books)
  • The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1)
  • The Collectors (Camel Club, #2)
  • Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)
  • Hell's Corner (Camel Club, #5)
“Find something to believe in, Carter, other than your work. Because when you leave this life, you leave work behind. If that’s all you have, then you have nothing. And eternity is a long time for nothing.” 1 likes
“chauffeur of three, including a precocious, independent-minded teenage boy.” 0 likes