Start by marking “I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality” as Want to Read:
I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality

I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Do you support the right of any human being to marry the person they love? The right to say 'I Do' to a life of commitment and sharing with the that one special person? We do.

We hope that marriage will soon be a dream that everyone can share. That's why the following authors of LGBT fiction have donated stories to this anthology, in aid of Lambda Legal Fund's fight for mar
Paperback, 1st Edition, 308 pages
Published January 1st 2009 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about I Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do

Marlobo
The Lindorm's Twin by Tracey Pennington - 2 stars

Desire and Disguise by Alex Beecroft - 3 stars

The Roaming Heart by Charlie Cochrane - 2 stars

Outed by Clare London - 4 stars.
«Couldn’t social acceptability be achieved with discreet familiarity, rather than wearing a lurid slogan on a tight T-shirt?» <3

Lust in Translation by Storm Grant - 3 stars

Making Memory by Lisabet Sarai - 2 stars

Swansong by Sharon Maria Bidwell - 3 stars

Finally Forever by Jeanne Barrack - 2 stars

Code of Honour by M
Elisa Rolle
It took me two days to read this anthology and not since it wasn't interesting, but only since it's very long, so, if you like me usually don't like anthologies since the story are not long enough, you will not have the same problem with this one.

The stories inside it are very different, most of the authors I know, and some confirmed my good opinion on them and some surprised me, but always in a good way.

The Lindorm’s Twin by Tracey Pennington (m/m): This is a fantasy tale that reminds me a ve
Anna
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
For anyone who's not aware, I Do! is an anthology of LGBT stories, and full proceeds to to Lambda Legal Fund's fight for marriage equality.

Like a lot of other people, I'm not always a fan of anthologies. For a typical volume with 20 short stories, you'll find a couple that are wonderful, a couple that are appallingly bad, and the rest somewhere in the middle, a big lump of mediocrity. It's annoying to shell out full price for a book you know it's likely you'll only enjoy a small portion of, so w
Montana
May 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt, romance, anthology
Varying quality in the stories, as with nearly any anthology. No real clunkers, though, and a couple that are exceptionally good. I skipped a couple of stories because I haven't been in the mood for f/f lately, another because I'm not much on fantasy, and didn't finish one that was stylistically not to my tastes. Exceptional stories are bolded, and all are individually rated on a scale of one to five stars.

"The Lindorm's Twin" by Tracey Pennington (UNREAD)
"Desire and Disguise" by Alex Beecroft (
Aleksandr Voinov
Nice collection; I bought it to read some things of writers I hadn't checked out before. "Snow Queen" by Erastes was my absolute favourite. What a story. The rest was solid to good.
Kassa
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a twenty story anthology that spans genres from fantasy to contemporary involving men and women from just about every religion, race, and sexuality. All proceeds are donated to Lambda Legal fund, an organization that is working for civil rights of lesbians, gay men and people with HIV/AIDS. The anthology came about with the outcry over proposition 8, which was a recently passed California law that made gay marriage illegal.

The opening fantasy story provides a high level of entertainment
Augusta Li
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not going to write any more reviews for books. As an author, I can't say anything bad about somebody else's work (even if it's justified), because I know how much time and energy went into it. Therefore I will only rate books here that I enjoyed. In the case of books I didn't enjoy so much, I will do as my parents advise and, if I don't have anything nice to say, I'll say nothing at all.

This anthology is great though: not a bad story among the bunch, not even a mediocre one. They're all bri
Jaime
Apr 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-reads
Let me just say, this is one anthology I thoroughly enjoyed. There wasn't a story in it I didn't like, and that is unusual. The cause is an important one, and I'm pleased to recommend this book to any m/m romance reader.

You can see my review of the whole book at Dark Diva Reviews

Rosie
Jul 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A three star overall rating, but a 5 star rating for 'Code of Honour' by Marquesate.
Lee Rowan
May 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE who believes in equality
As one of the editorial selection committee, I can rave about all the stories in here but my own... and I do. ALL profits go to Lambda Legal to support marriage equality for ALL adult human beings.
Mara Ismine
4.5 stars for the stories and the other 0.5 for the superb editing and skill of finding that many good tales to put in one book. This is probably the best anthology I have read.
Amber
Like all anthologies this one was a mix bag of stories some good some bad. The biggest thing I noticed and effected my feelings about some of the stories is that alot of them didn't fit the theme or barely fit. I expected to see stories about couples getting married, fighting to get married, or at least be established couple that were forced not to. Many spent time with other peoples marriages or their past straight marriages. There were even some that were brief encounters and one night stand s ...more
Alex
Nov 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, romance, anthology
Stars: 3.5/5

Overall
An enjoyable mix of stories with a medley from fairy tales to bitter endings, it's definitely worth picking up, if only to grab a few stories from favorite authors. Some stories are stronger than others, per the norm for anthologies, but overall a good bunch. (Note, I only reviewed the M/M books below.)

The Lindorm's Twin by Tracey Pennington
An OK story that weaves the tales of classic fairy tales with it's own spin. An extended tale that combines multiple tales, the ride was a
OkayKim
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a couple of stories in this that getting the 4 star rating. The rest were 2 or 3 star rating.
Sol
Oct 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For an anthology with the theme of marriage, this one was rather disappointing. I think only two couples actually got married, the rest of the stories referenced someone's marriage/wedding and some of them completely missed the point of the theme. My favorites were Tango and Temptation by ZA Maxfield (funny characters and interesting plot if a bit cliche) and Holy Macaroni (and Cheese) by Allison Wonderland (cute, simple plot). I absolutely hated Desire and Disguise by Alex Beecroft (bad plot, b ...more
Indie Reviews
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Review of The Snow Queen by Erastes in I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality by editor Kris Jacen can be found at Indie Reviews.

Tj
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
It is hard to rate an anthology but the overall stoies in this one were well done. Short stories are hard to connect with because you have less time to become invested in the characters but this one did well in doing that with most of the stories. They appealed to the romantic in me:)
Mav
Jan 07, 2009 marked it as self-pub-indie-epublisher  ·  review of another edition
There's a paperback edition! :O (and here I thought is was available only as an e-book)

*needs to get*
Every blog that I've seen review this anthology says every story is good.
Pia Veleno
Free download at www.mlrbooks.com today.
Maralee
Some good, some meh
Matthew Vandrew
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An above-average anthology. It would be a 5-star reading, but there were a few that didn't work for me. Still, there are some exceptional entries. Highly recommended!

KR
  • A Brush of Wings
  • British Flash: A revealing collection of short LGBT fiction
  • Bedknobs & Beanstalks: Anthology of Gay Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Stealing My Heart
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • Because of the Brave
  • Cowboy Up
  • Forbidden Love
  • The Five O'Clock Bar
  • Curious?: A Woman's Introduction to Gay Romance
  • Size Matters: Short Stories Long Enough to Satisfy (includes: Healing #1)
Kris Jacen is the Executive Editor and Formatting Director for ManLoveRomance Press and its imprints. She was invited to join the MLR staff in 2008 and has never looked back. Working with over thirty-five phenomenal authors such as Rick R. Reed, JP Bowie, James Buchanan, J.L. Langley, Ally Blue, Jet Mykles, William Maltese and has allowed her to both hone her editorial skills and indulge her inner ...more
More about Kris Jacen...