Start by marking “Skin (Hot Cops, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skin (Hot Cops, #2)

Skin

(Hot Cops #2)

From the author of Good Girl Gone Bad comes the sizzling tale of an undercover cop who shows a little skin to get in with the mob—and the sexy mafia princess who gets in the way.

Published April 17th 2007 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin

Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes sexy cops, mystery and of course romance!
I loved this book... Reese had me fanning my self!! He was sexy in every move he made! The chemistry btwn him and Frankie was undeniable... The way he felt such lost when he thought of how that could never be together was soooo sad, tho all the trust issues got annoying. I really hoped Frankie would be honest with Reese so that he could be honest to her. In the end it worked out and i loved hearing that Phil and Ty from the 1st book were engaged. I hope Jaded gives a glimpse into the lives of Re ...more
Shawna
3 stars - Romantic Suspense/Erotica

Skin by Karin Tabke sort of reminded me of a steamy, erotica-lite, romantic version of an episode of the Sopranos. I liked the relationship development between the undercover cop/model Reese & the mafia princess/photographer Francesca "Frankie". The descriptions of the photo shoots between Frankie and Reese are extremely sexy, and Karin Tabke writes a realistic and intriguing cop and bad guy procedural. I liked the characters in Skin much better than the ch
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of romantica w/ cops
Francesa "Frankie" Donatello runs a women's magazine called Skin. She interviews Reese Garrett (a UC cop) a male model for a centerfold spread.

There were undertones of Frankie's background being tied to mobster-like history. Her father being a don was "taken out". Reese is trying anything to get information from her any way he can to close the case against her. While Frankie doesn't want to sleep with her new employee the wicked hot attraction to his naked body during thier photo shoots and his
Splage
I originally started this in June and just couldn't get into it, but I believe it was my fault and not the story - too many other books I wanted to read. I just picked it back up and really enjoyed it. It had some really spicy sex scenes, the truth or dare striptease in the atrium- ultra hot- and a few others. The hero, Reese, was so sexy and alpha even though he was working undercover as a centerfold for the the heroine and her Skin magazine. He wasn't the best at following her directions which ...more
Maris Bennett
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down: finished it in 2 1/2 days. If you like a fast-paced page-turner complete with a well-rounded heroine, a sexy cop working undercover, and enough hot scenes to spark your interest---you'll love this book. Karin Tabke wrote a winner.
Dana Delamar
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I really loved the premise and the opening scenes of this book, and the characters were interesting -- an undercover cop posing as a male pinup model and a Mafia princess magazine editor/photographer.

However, the publisher (Pocket, so there's no excuse!) really let the writer down with some poor editing. Hint: Spanish is NOT Italian! Your Italian mob characters are not going to say "Bueno." Nor is the heroine a "one-woman man."

I'll try another book by the author, but errors like thi
Jessica Smith
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good story, lots of drama and action and of course steamy sex scenes. I also liked how the author kept the secrets hidden only releasing little bits at a time, made the story line addicting.
Christie P.
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, Erotic
She needed a gorgeous male body and she needed it now. Francesca, Frankie, Donatello is the operator of SKIN, an upscale women's magazine akin to Playgirl and she needs an amazing centerfold to boost sales of the magazine before she father turns it over to her half brother. Or that was her life before her father, a known mob boss, was murdered.

Reese Barrett is the cop assigned to go in as the new male model while investigating whether Frankie was the one who murdered her father or not.

The sparks
Amber Brownlow
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Skin is the 2nd book in the Hot Cops series. This story focuses on Francesca Donatello who is the daughter of the mob, and Reese Barrett, an undercover cop who goes undercover as a model posing for Francesca's magazine-Skin. He tries to get close to Francesca to use her for information on who has murdered her father. Although, there seems to be someone trying to kill Francesca herself, she is also a suspect as there is motive and evidence against her. Will Reese be able to figure out who is guil ...more
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
SKIN - HOT COPS #2 - From the author of Good Girl Gone Bad comes the sizzling tale of an undercover cop who shows a little skin to get in with the mob -- and the sexy mafia princess who gets in the way....
Curvaceous and feisty, Francesca Donatello is the owner of Skin, an upscale woman's magazine and her pride and joy. To boost sales, she's decided to feature a smoldering male centerfold in each issue -- even though it was once forbidden by her rigid father, a recently murdered mob boss. He alwa
Darcy
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I knew this book was going to be a wild ride when it opened with a woman demanding a man strip so she can check out his assets, and boy, did it not disappoint.

From the start Frankie, ie Mafia Princess, and Reese, ie under cover cop, had chemistry. Their instant attraction made for some very interesting reading. Both of them are predisposed to hate each other, or at least they would be if Frankie really knew about Reese, they both want to have the upper hand in the relationship between each othe
Magda
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I tried to like this book.
It has all the characteristics that I would like. Sexy hero, sassy heroine, fast paced story ... but it didn't deliver.

1- The heroine was SO sassy that every retort out of her mouth was bratty. Nothing like reading immature convos between the H/h & others throughout the whole book.
2- The ex-marine cop who makes stupid decisions.
3- The "He's hot so I'm in love" mentality.
4- The sex. Some was hot but I ended up skimming all of the sex scenes after the first.
Who w
Jamie
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Frankie and Reese, this was a fun book, it went by really quick, great action, good read. I am enjoying her as an author. The pace is fast as Reese fakes being a model to go undercover and Frankie is trying to launch her magazine Skin. Reese is hot off the go as soon as he is asked to drop his pants. The chemistry is off the chart, the only flaw is that I wish Reese would have fought harder with his cop gut as he got to know her. Instead of believing intel he should have believed in the woman he ...more
It's Me - Yvette
Absolutely Perfect!
Ever read a book where the characters jumped off the page? Ever read a book where you fell in love with the story even as the main characters fell in love? Ever read a book where you enjoyed the scenes and could visualize them as if you were the author? Ever read a book that you never wanted to end? Ever read a book that was so romantic that your heart got involved?

This is the second book in this series. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, for me, this one was so mu
Yelania Nightwalker
Una novela encantadora, cada vez me convenzo + que la autora es una de mis favoritas :)

Karin Tabke me sorprendió con ese giro que da la historia, yo realmente nunca supe quién estaba detras de todo, mis apuestas estaban en la persona equivocada, me temo.

La parejita tenía una química buenísima y yo podía imaginarme las fotos que conseguían esos dos XD La escena del granero fue terriblemente hot :O Pero por supuesto, eso no era todo entre estos dos. Me encantó los celos de ella por la "rubia" y la
Netanella
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Sopranos does erotica. Very strong book - the characters, the writing, the action. I loved the whole book except for one nagging point: I was a little put off by how easily Frankie was duped by her undercover cop - even when she had doubts, she should have known. Or guessed. Or something. And once she found out he was a cop she still kept sleeping with him. I almost had to ask how she survived in her family as long as she did.
Trina
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

I had been introduced to Karin Harlow through Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1) by Karin Harlow...not knowing she also writes under Karin Tabke. (Now I know, years later)

Her writing reflects the earlier works of Shannon Mckenna, Linda Howard and Lora Leigh, but darker and even more erotic.
Hotncold82
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book so much. I loved both Reece and Francesca, and what a tough gal she was. I also loved the mystery and plot in this one, along with the relationship the two lovers shared. I also loved the way the book ended, and thought that everything about the charcters fit each other and the plot. Amazing book with an awesome mystery and even better characters.
Mskychick
Feb 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF'd at 20%. Too many things that strain the suspension of disbelief. Lack of plausibility in the basic functioning of a magazine and also policework. I require at least a modicum of believability, even for erotica.
Janeia
Nov 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Hot and steamy...on to book 3!! :)
ElaineY
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read it too long ago to recall much except that I liked it. I think. A reread is in order so will start on that today and set aside the MM I'm reading till later.
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this was an erotic romance but to my surprise this book had a strong story line!!! Is about a mob family and the FBI get involves it was a fast read!!!
Kathryn
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hot. Compelling. Steamy. Erotic. Karen Tabke knows what she's doing to keep the reader interested and wanting more.
Melanie♥
May 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tabke-karen
*** 3 1/2 stars ****
Fast paced romantica suspense. Lost 1/2 star because of the repeated cliched/Soprano-ish names/situtations. Other than that, an enjoyable steamy book.
Nell
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked it I thought it was well written.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Karin Tabke's Hot Cops series. Another hot and spicy romantic suspense. I love it when erotic romances actually have a plot.
Kim
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Both sweet and hot. Francesca Bonatello hires a hot undercover cop as her first nude centerfold for her magazine,,,
Irina
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Karin Tabke continues to be one of my favorite authors..
MJ
3-3 Stars ...more
michaela
Dec 07, 2009

• As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Stealing Kevin's Heart
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • Total Abandon
  • The Satin Sash
  • Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1)
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • Azufre y Sal
  • Into the Night (The Reliance Group, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers, #3)
  • Simon Says (Friends and Lovers, #2)
  • El complot mongol
  • Somewhere in Between (1Night Stand, #35)
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Tempted At Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • A Good Student (A Good Student, #1)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more

Hot Cops (5 books)
  • Good Girl Gone Bad (Hot Cops, #1)
  • Jaded (Hot Cops, #3)
  • Have Yourself a Naughty Little Santa (Hot Cops, #4)
  • Sworn to Love (Hot Cops, #5)