Start by marking “Tag” as Want to Read:
Tag

Tag

Mistyann is fifteen, unpredictable, unreliable and violent. She’s also gifted. And now she’s on her way to Wales for a special residential course for talented youth. An American psychologist wants to unlock her potential, help her become the person that she’s always dreamt of being. God help Wales. God help us all.

Jonathan Diamond is forty-one. Looks a bit like Tom Cruise
Published October 1st 2008 by Cinnamon Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tag

Adele Ward
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Are 15-Year-Old Girls Children?

This is the question at the heart of Stephen May’s TAG, the novel that was shortlisted for the Wales Book of the Year before going on to win the Media Wales Readers’ Prize as the one most readers thought should have won. How should teacher Jonathan Diamond see his difficult pupil Mistyann, and how should he behave towards her? Politically correct answers become more difficult when he has to travel alone with her to an isolated manor house in North Wales for a speci
Ian Kirkpatrick
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stephen May. Remember the name. You will certainly hear it again.

There is quite a thrill in finding a new writer that you admire (tinged with just a hint of mild envy). TAG is May’s debut novel, and quite simply it is stunning.

I’ll freely admit, with a hint of shame, that I had some trepidation about reading a novel where the main protagonist was called Mistyann. Now I can happily sneer at my misguided prejudice. Mistyann is a wonderful piece of characterisation.

TAG [acronym for Talented and Gi
Very Hungry
Feb 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I was initially reluctant to read this book. I'd never heard of it. Nor had I heard of the author, but someone at my book group kept banging on about it and eventually we succumbed. And thank God we did. It's a terrific book. Bleak, funny, sexy and a gripping story too. It's also got pertinent things to say about the modern world.

TAG tells the story of a talented, gifted, beautiful underclass girl who gets sent to Wales on a residential course as part of a government initiative to develop studen
Carol
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
A powerfully written book that plots the destructive course taken by both
Mistyann,a 15 year-old Talented and Gifted(TAG) girl, and her 41 year-old teacher, Jonathon, when they attend a residential course with eight other teen prodigies in a remote house in Wales. The author's portrayal of both characters is pitch-perfect. He has an amazing ability to get into the mind of a sneering and defiant teenage girl as well as tapping the angst of a middle-aged man who has, in the past, struggled with alc
Adnan Mahmutovic
Jul 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Cinnamon Press treats their readers to this wonderful weave of two sides of a disturbing chain of events between a young Talented and Gifted (TAG) student Mistyann and her older teacher.

The prose is raw and a little sentimental despite its irony, which keeps me riveted. We move from the male to the young female mind, which are of course quite different. This texture only strengthens their particular and peculiar relationship.
Emma