Start by marking “The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Quartet #1)” as Want to Read:
The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Quartet #1)

The Untamed Bride

(Black Cobra Quartet #1)

They're battle-hardened, sinfully wealthy, completely unstoppable --- and all male: Four officers of the Crown, fighting against a deadly foe known only as the Black Cobra.

He is a man who has faced peril without flinching, determined to fight for king and country.

She is a bold, beautiful woman with a scandalous past, destined to become an untamed bride.

Together they must
Published October 27th 2009 by Avon (first published October 1st 2009)

Start your review of The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Quartet #1)
Carol Kerry-green
Cue rant...

I've just finished reading Stephanie Laurens' new book - The Untamed Bride - book one in the Black Cobra series. I really enjoyed it, like the premise of four heroes each racing back to England with important information that must reach the Duke of Wolverstone (aka Daziel from the Bastion Club) aided by characters from the Bastion series and all of the Cynster cousins. Talk about putting all your apples in one cart! But it worked, mostly.

I don't know if it's just me, but I do like
kris
Jun 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
There's this evil club in India known as the Black Cobra club, and they're killing more people than the British government is comfortable with. So this group of Manly Men is tasked with beheading the snake or something. 42 page prologue later, and 4 Manly Men are still alive (one wasn't quite Manly enough, seriously) and they have Important Evidence and must make it back to England before Shit Goes Down.

Del is the hero. He's a colonel; he's tall and handsome and authoritative. Deliah is the
Hazel
Jun 19, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My sister used to collect Stephanie Laurens books, so I’ve read several of them. I remember the formula, and was interested to find that in this book she gathers together some half a dozen heroes from previous novels. In this book she tells us repeatedly that they’re identical, :-), so the profile of Laurens’ idealised man is clear. He’s tall and handsome, unsurprisingly rich. But he’s also extraordinarily commanding, an acknowledged leader among men; possessive and protective , but emotionally ...more
Michelle
Aug 07, 2010 rated it liked it
The Governor General of India, Marquess of Hastings, orders five soldiers (Colonel Derek “Del” Delborough, Major Gareth Hamilton, Captain Rafe Carstairs, Major Logan Monteith, and Captain James MacFarlane) in the East India Company to discover and dispatch the leader of a rebel cult, the Black Cobra. After nearly exhausting their search for proof of the identity of the Black Cobra, Captain MacFarlane discovers, almost by chance, the needed proof while escorting the Governor of Bombay’s niece. ...more
Jenny Clark
This was a pretty good read, though I did enjoy The Adventurers Quartet by her more. I feel like her hero in this book, Del, is a little overpowering. The Black Cobra plot was pretty good, and added the suspense I like in Laurens writing.
Mojca
A villain and cult-leader named Black Cobra is terrorizing early 19th century India. Five English officers are appointed to finding out who the man is and bring his reign of terror to an end. It turns out he’s also English, a member of the East India Company, but the five have no way of proving it.

Month later, one of them is killed, providing irrefutable proof of the Englishman’s wrongdoing and the four remaining are tasked with getting the proof, a letter, back to homeland. Three copies are
Penny Watson
Jan 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Untamed Bride by Stephanie Laurens

After the disastrous final installment of The Bastion Club series (Mastered by Love), I was reluctant to dive into the new Laurens' series, The Black Cobra Quartet. I bought this book at the grocery store on a whim and figured....What the heck, I'll give Stephanie another chance!

Well, lo and behold, Stephanie Laurens got her mojo back! The suspense part of this book is absolutely riveting. I adored the prelude to this book, which takes place in India, 1822.
Chanel Sharp
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2018, historical
Mom and I found it to be an awesome read. The chase was great and the bed sense at the end was sweet. Mom did think that it took her a little while to warm up to the heroine, just be because her demanding information came off as whinny instead of curious or worried to her. We definitely give this a read, the only reason the rating was a little low is it just did not suck mom in and make interested enough to keep turning the pages until the last hundred pages which seems just a little bit off a ...more
Amanda
Oct 06, 2014 marked it as thrown-back-to-the-library-gods
I downloaded this from the library because I had to paint my fingernails and wanted to read while they dried. The book sounded decent enough. (This is a pretty normal "Let's get a book from the library!" thought process.)

Skipped most of the prologue, then had the weirdest sense of book deja vu where I remember reading the scene -- from a different character's POV. Checked Goodreads, but according to my shelves, I haven't read anything by Stephanie Laurens.

Read the synopses for other Black Cobra
Maria
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't find much to like about this book, in spite of the reappearance of characters from previous books that I did like. The pace was slow to the point of tedium until nearly the end. Somehow the story did not really gel for me even then. Maybe it was because the last book by this author that I read was so unexpectedly good (The Masterful Mr. Montague) that I was disappointed in this one, and maybe the second in this series will catch my interest more.
Susan (susayq ~)

This was pretty good. There was a lot of action going on here. I'll have to read the rest of the series to see how things turn out with the villain (all books in this series are closely intertwined). I loved seeing all the Cynster family; however, of a reader is unfamiliar with that series, they may be a little confused and not understand the close relationships the men have.

Kit★
Sep 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Found a copy in the bargain bin, didn't pass it up.
Alright, got my chronology figured out methinks. So after I read the last Bastion novel, this quartet is up next!
Hasnamezied
Well. I cant say that I enjoyed this one . Actually, I couldnt complete it .
colleen
Jun 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series. I really like that she has lots of characters from her previous books in this one.
Chrissy
I really enjoyed the blend of a spy thriller, historical fiction, and romance in this book. I’ve never read any Stephanie Laurens before and I was quite intrigued by her writing style. The characters are great. The story spends a good chunk of time at the beginning establishing who and what the Black Cobra is and why he’s a bad guy and why these guys have to stop him. Then it goes on to where Dell meets Delia and their relationship is really entertaining.

If I had one quibble, it was the part
Jan
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: keeper
A traitor in India may be ensnared at home. Col. Derek Delborough and three of his companions in arms set a trap and head for England on different routes. When Del arrives in Southampton, he discovers his aunts have committed him to escorting a neighbor home. It is entirely too dangerous with the Black Cobra dogging his tracks, but an assassination attempt turns Deliah into an at risk witness. They must run together.

The two households, one Indian, one Jamaican, make for an exotic mix and a bit
Beckie Treble
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly. This book was amazing. I loved it. The plot is just amazing. Who would have thought you can get some great English noblemen serving in India, and then somehow get them back to England and then try and get some evil pricksters to come after them?! Pure bloody genius. I bought this book and the others in the quartet a few years ago and I have no effing idea why I haven't read them before today! Mental.

I love seeing the guys from the Bastion Club back. I loved those characters and missed
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I’ll admit, most Laurens’ heroes and heroines are cut from very similar cloth, there’s still something fun in seeing what she puts each new pair through. In learning what it takes for her protective alpha hero to open himself up and admit how important the heroine has become to him. Del and Deliah are surprisingly alike. They’re both independent, wealthy, well-travelled, and determined to look after the people important to them. The fun for me in this book was watching where the pair would ...more
Joy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
4 men start out on a journey to bring an Englishman to justice for his evil deeds in India. They split up and head back to England, 3 carrying dummy evidence and one with the real deal. Quite a bit of this backstory and lots of characters to keep track of in the beginning, but easier to follow once they split and Del gets saddled with taking Deliah (who has been in Jamaica) back home, while still on the mission.

Have read one of the others in this series long ago. Will probably read the others,
Tina
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This one started out a little rough. The audiobook started with a prologue that last 1.5 hours. ONE AND A HALF HOURS! The book in total was less than 10 hours. And it added nothing memorable to the story. My advice: skip the prologue and get straight into the story.

Once I got into the story and past the male narrator it was a decent book. This is my first Stephanie Laurens, but it might not be my last.

Bonus: no Babylouge!
joyce ryder
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I liked this book and enjoyed reading it the story line flowed well and was believable and interesting.The characters developed slowly and led to the desired outcome.I also liked the way that had some of the previous characters from her other books mingle in this book.Now on to the next
Kathy
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black Cobra Quartet #1
There is both intrigue and romance in this book, but I feel that it focuses much more on the intrigue than it does on the romance. It held my attention all the way through, and I am wondering about the second book in this series, though I honestly don't know if I will ever read it. We'll see…

Read:
February 25-26, 2019 – Audible Audio Book
Zaida Barranco
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it !

I can’t wait for the next book in the series, I love that the story continues and that you have to wait to find out what happens in the end until the next book or books. Also the sensual chemistry between Deliah and Del is really strong and their interactions with each other are not only very sexy but also funny.
Zoe Ashwood
This was a great historical romance. Stephanie Laurens was one of the first romance authors I discovered, years ago, so it was very nice to sink back into her world! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Belinda
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Regency Romance fans
An enjoyable romp. Not going to challenge you by any means, but fun all the same
Melissa Pierce
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read that I enjoyed. Like the overall plot and am looking forward to seeing how it ends with book four.
Shauna
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of a series; pulls in the familiar Cynsters. Intrigue from India to Britain and four letters to find/secure.
Oksana
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing twisted story....I am so enjoying all the tails about Cynsters and theor friends.
Leann McKay
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! I am loving this premise! I accidentally read the last in the series first :( But the books are fabulous! I love the travel imagery through out these books!
Pam
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Historical romance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 25, 2015 06:51AM
I won a Galley of this! 2 19 Jan 21, 2012 09:17AM

• Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love, #1)
  • Simply Magic (Simply Quartet #3)
  • Simply Unforgettable (Simply Quartet #1)
  • Simply Perfect (Simply Quartet #4)
  • Loving Lord Ash (Duchess of Love, #3)
  • Someone to Honor (Westcott, #6)
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)
  • Desire's Prize
  • Simply Love (Simply Quartet #2)
  • The Naked Baron (Naked Nobility, #2)
  • The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • A Wild Pursuit (Duchess Quartet, #3)
  • Four Weddings and a Sixpence: An Anthology
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Provocative in Pearls (The Rarest Blooms #2)
  • The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4)
  • To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

Black Cobra Quartet (4 books)
  • The Elusive Bride (Black Cobra Quartet, #2)
  • The Brazen Bride (Black Cobra Quartet, #3)
  • The Reckless Bride (Black Cobra Quartet, #4)