Start by marking “If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)” as Want to Read:
If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)

If He's Wicked

(Wherlocke #1)

She Saves His Life...
For Chloe Wherlocke, it all begins with a vision - a glimpse into the future that foretells a terrible plot against Lord Julian Kenwood and his newborn son. Chloe's psychic gift allows her to save the child from certain death, but the earl remains in grave peril...

But When He Steals Her Heart...
Julian Kenwood knows someone is trying to kill him and he

Published June 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about If He's Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If He's Wicked

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Historical and paranormal-ish. It's basically about an extended family, the Wherlockes, that have super intuition powers. Chloe has visions and knows things. Her cousin Leo knows when someone is lying. Cousin Bened knows who's an enemy and where they are. So it's more super intuition kind of powers than a real paranormal type book.

The plot is about Chloe and her family helping Julian to defeat his enemies, his wife and uncle, that are trying to kill him for his money and title. Chloe also saves
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-reads
"If He's Wicked" is yet another example of why Hannah Howell's books seem to end up on my keeper shelf. She always seems to manage to take plotlines I may have read before, yet she adds a twist or turn that feels new and doesn't bore me. As best I can tell, this book is the start of a new series (!!) about a family of people with 'special' abilities. I can't wait for more!

Chloe Wherlocke is one of 'those' Wherlockes. Her ancestors have been feared, burned at the stake, and nowadays whispered abo
Julie
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
If He's Wicked by Hannah Howell is a 2009 Zebra publication.

This is the first in the popular Wherlocke series by Hannah Howell, the author of many prolific Scottish and paranormal historical romance novels.

This is one of those series I have been wanting to get into for a long time, but never got around to it. I finally picked up this first book and am so glad I made time for it. This is an excellent beginning and I truly enjoyed the mystery suspense elements.

Julian is a man who is very oppose
Kathleen
Oct 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 stars because I really did like it. I like the special gifts that what used in this book and look forwards to reading more of this series. There was also enough action going on to keep me interested through out. This book had enough heat to make me happy and as alway's Hannah had a HEA ending that made me smile when I was done with the book.
Cynthia
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Introduction to Romance
The title is very misleading as there is nothing wicked about Julian Kenwood. If anything, he is a bit boring and dull depending on everyone else to help him solve his problems.

I would call this "Romance Light". The plot and characters are very transparent. My interest was lost half-way through, and I just skimmed to the end.
Bryce
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Spoiler alert: He's not that wicked.

He being Julian, the earl of something or another. This earl is being cuckolded by his beautiful but terrible wife with his own uncle, also mustache-twirling-ly terrible. He's saved by Chloe, who has precognitive powers, along with her seemingly endless army of cousins. Julian and Chloe end up having a lot of missionary style sex and save the day and thwart the villians and end up married and expecting babies.

There's absolutely no chemistry between the two p
Barbara ★
Julian Kenwood's wife and uncle are trying to kill him. Luckily for him, the Wherlocke's, a family of psychics, has seen the treachery and has stepped in to help. Beautiful Chloe Wherlocke catches his attention immediately but he refrains from acting since he is an honorable man and is til married to the bitch who is not only cuckolding him but trying to kill him as well. Julian is an Earl and his uncle feels he should have been the earl not his brother. He is determined to have the earldom and ...more
iluvbooks
Jul 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
This is highly over-rated and much hyped book. Title is absolutely misleading. I love Hanna Howell's books but this was utter disappointment. I lost my interest halfway through...

Hero (I am not sure u can call him that because he did nothing heroic so as to say) is not wicked at all but may be that is why title says "IF" he's wicked, may be then story would have been more interesting. He is puppet nothing else. Heroine is equally bad, she is supposed to be wise, gifted with sight; she saves hero
Shannon
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
What is it with me and romance novels, that even if they are not great, I still want to keep reading them, and actually enjoy them, even if I don't LIKE them? This book, it was just okay. I liked it because it had a fairly unique(to me) storyline. The abilities of the Wherlocke family were not an original idea, but I liked how they were all using those various abilities for that whole "good of King and Country" type thing. I liked how the typical portrayal of pompous aristocracy of the time peri ...more
Caro
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: howell-hannah
This was a really good book that was definitely written well. I enjoyed the characters and all their personalities. This was emotional, suspenseful, strong, there was plenty of courage, some 'special' attributes, interesting and had a great HEA. I will be searching out more in this series and I can't wait. I was turning pages like no tomorrow and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. Enjoy!
Loriidae
"..the child’s attention was immediately drawn to a small herd of sheep peacefully grazing on the hillside..." seriously!
Laura Darcy
Ce livre avait tout les ingrédients pour me convaincre. Hannah Howell nous promettait de la romance, de la romance historique – encore mieux! – le tout saupoudré de fantastique. En effet, tout y est!
Malheureusement, je n’ai pas eu de coup de cœur ni même vraiment appréciée la lecture. J’ai fini le livre mais plus par automatisme et parce que j’avais envie de connaitre malgré tout la fin de l’histoire.

Nous sommes plongée en pleine période de la Régence, période que j’affectionne tout particulière
Erin Burns
Hannah Howell is comfort reading for me, and she is one of those historical authors that I have reread so many times. But I’ll admit, when she left the Murray/Macenroy families I kind of just stopped. I wasn’t sure I wanted a new commitment, and a new family. So I just kind of avoided her for the past 6 years, until earlier this year when Highland Guard came out and it reminded me why even the books that don’t blow me away make me so happy to settle in and read them. So I looked around and reali ...more
Elizabeth Bennet
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing.The hero(Julian) is a handsome man with a mistrust for woman because of his wife's infidelity. The heroin (Chloe)comes from a family called the Wherlocke's. It is rumored that this family and the Vaungh's (also kin) are witch's and devil worshipers. You know back in those days getting ill was believed to be karma related.

Chloe has visions and the power to just know somethings about to happen and it are these gifts that toss her directly into the path of Julian.*****SPOILER*
Tarra
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-2011
I expected to like this one as much as I enjoyed "If He's Sinful".

Thin plot, boring characters. The "hero" does nothing heroic. I thought Chloe, the supposed heroine, was going to be a spitfire. She fizzled out. There were several characters introduced, that I thought would become integral to the plot, but they just disappeared.

And if a character has a supernatural talent, I'd like to see it. The gifts of the Wherlockes and Vaughns are so underused. Amp up the paranormal a little if you're goi
Hasnamezied
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book took from me alot of time to finish it , Oh dont get me wrong , I mean it is all about bad timing . Any way , this was my first abnormal historical and I loved it. Cloe has a gift of knowing things .She and Julian are lovely together and we are introduced to her family who all have gifts like her. There is a funny sentence here ( like rabbits ) believe me, you will laugh alot from reading it . Great book.
Alexandria
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book started off well enough but became far too predictable half way through. I quickly lost interest in both the story and the characters at that point and drug my feet through the conclusion of this novel. The writing was good, and if not for that I would have stopped reading this book the moment it got boring. 2.5 stars.
Martel
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Based on the blurb, I should love this book. Hélas, the plot is oversized, far-fetched, there is no chemistry between the heroes who seem flat and without substance, and all the story does for me is boring me, or sometimes annoying me when the characters act without logic, basic common sense or historical accuracy. Not for me.
Ninou d'IOTM
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Une histoire de fond intéressante pourtant la romance est très "fadasse" par rapport à ce que nous a habitué l'auteur avec le Clan Murray! Et mon dieu cette fin guimauve, vraiment pas pour moi! À voir ce que donnera la suite!
Elisa
There are a plethora of great reviews for this book so I'll just say that I loved it!
May Grider
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Having located Hannah Howell on Goodreads and seeing that she is well-loved by many fans, has lovely long series, and has many books available on the OverDrive library app, I checked out several in the Wherlock series and settled down, happily expecting to find a new favorite author.
Ms. Howell's writing style is just not for me. I can't take characters who speak in long paragraphs. But, other reviewers seems to love her so if you have a chance to read one of her books from the library or for lo
Jade aka MrsTosh
I wish I had read the reviews about this book before I started as they are correct, there is nothing remotely wicked about Julian Kenwood if anything the man is dull. I decided to listen to the audiobook version of this and to be honest, the narrator didn't have the most interesting voice or reading manner which I don't think helped matters. It is a good job the main female character Chloe had something about her or I would have given up!
CaroMommie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was so long winded and drawn out. It spent a lot of time setting up characters for the series and future novels. I'm hoping the storytelling gets better as the series progresses.
Jenn
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
different but good
Blondie
definitely going to read more from this series!

I really liked the wharlocke family and can't wait to read about more of them.

Katherine Jordan
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the wherlocke/Vaughn clan so I hope I is not ended with Bened
Melinda
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
An almost Typical historical romance. Except for the fact that our heroine has a touch of the sight. This slightly paranormal twist for this Genre made for quite an interesting read.
joyce ryder
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book,I found it was quite amusing and interesting.The story line seemed different😊
Evelyn Montagnini
Uma história bem construída, com uma escrita cativante e personagens apaixonantes.
Tammy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I have the series in paper back now getting them for my kindle, yes that I s how great they are
  • Highland Hearts
  • Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1)
  • It Happened One Bite (Gentlemen Vampyres, #1)
  • The Companion (Companion, #1)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #3)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1)
  • Secret Thunder (Perigueux Family #1; Lords of Conquest, #3)
  • Forbidden Magic
  • The Perils of Pursuing a Prince (Desperate Debutantes, #2)
  • A Hint of Wicked (James Family, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3)
  • Not So Innocent
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin

Wherlocke (7 books)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • If He's Noble (Wherlocke, #7)
“when I stopped lying to myself, stopped trying to make excuses for her. It was as if I woke up from some feverish dream and found myself locked into a nightmare.” 0 likes