Start by marking “Mummy Carry Me Please!” as Want to Read:
Mummy Carry Me Please!

Mummy Carry Me Please!

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  234 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
All the animals want their mums to carry them. But each animal is carried differently. Mummy lemur carries her baby on her tummy, while mummy crocodile carries her baby in her teeth! How does you mummy carry you?
Hardcover
Published December 31st 2004 by Gullane Children's Books (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mummy Carry Me Please!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mummy Carry Me Please!

Vivian
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
If time permits read this story about how animal mothers carry their babies. You might ask the children what the magic word is (please). The kangaroo page says…
• Mommy kangaroo, carry me please
safe and snug inside your pouch
You may prefer to “read the pictures” instead of the text, or invite the children to read the pictures. Using “dialogic reading” ask what animal is pictured and ask how the mother carries her baby.

Children learn most from books when they are actively involved. To get children
midnightfaerie
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
Auburn Library
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: renee-s-reads
This is a fantastic book to read aloud with little ones. Like all of Cabrera's books it has bright, fun illustrations that are ripe for discussion.
Katie
J absolutely loves this book! We've gotten it from the library several times, and it's almost always one that he chooses before bedtime. And, I love it because at the end he looks up at me with this big smile and then hugs me!!!

It's also a nice board book in general because it features some animals not typically found in picture books, like a lemur and a beaver.

Can't go wrong with Jane Cabrera's bright and fun illustrations either!
Meredith Miner
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though this book is probably categorized as fiction, I actually think it would be great to pair with a nonfiction book about mommy animals and their babies (which I actually discovered and is also on my book log, Babies on the Go). Great discussion about the different ways animals care for their young.
ROSALIE
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect story for those small enough to often be begging for mommy or daddy to pick them up and carry them. Baby animals plead with their mommies to be carried. Children learn the different ways this can be done. Easy reading, good for smaller children.
Kristina
Not much for participation but it is cute.

I had originally rated this one 2 stars but and now changing it to 5. Following another librarian's lead, I had the children point to the body part described. It was a lot of fun. I did have to shorten it for my group, but I would read it again.
Alisa
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe because I'm a mommy of two little boys, and maybe because I love this illustrator, I LOVED this book. Definitely one I would buy. All kinds of animals want mommy to "carry" them and it ends with a little boy wanted to be snuggled by his mommy. Favorite kids book in awhile.
Jenny
This was a really cute story with fun pictures. My three year old likes to say that it is he and I at the end when it shows the mom and little boy. I really liked the art style, very little kiddish in a cute way.
Sheila
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2-4 year olds
This is a cute picture book for young children that shows how different babies are carried in the animal kingdom. There is always a reason given for why the baby is carried that way. Good illustrations also.
Vicki
What a joyful book about mothers and their young. Opportunities to discuss using the word please, learning about new animals (lemur)and the illustrations are large and colorful - great reading to a group.
Amanda Wilson
i wasnt sure how to rate this book. I think it is perfect for a toddler, there is repitition, pictures of animals, and its the same lines on every page. The book is very very short, which is perfect for an infant/ toddler but it is very plain and simple and short.
Jeffiner Singleton
Cute and colorful - grabbed my son's attention even when he was a tiny infant (although he really never was all that tiny...).
Beverly
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
Cabrera's silly cartooney pictures show how each different animal carries its young. Very short text; good for toddlers and pre-schoolers.
Christina
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great easy read that my two year old son likes to hear multiple times.
Stacey
Mother's Day
Alma Loredo
This book explains how babies are carried by their mother to keep warm, explains about animals and a little boy as well.

Jamie
Nothing remarkable with the words or story, but I always enjoy sharing Jane Cabrera's bold and vibrantly coloured paintings at storytime.
Natalie
it's fun to read this in a whiny voice.
Library
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A book displaying the way animal moms carry their babies. Colorful images and a good variety of animals.
Dylan & Devon Tandoc
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is very cute for young children. Jane Cabrera uses colorful and fun pictures to teach how different animal mommies take care of their babies. We love her work.
Kelci Cox-Griswold
This book is decent. It would be good to show kids that all types of mommys take care of their children and it gives examples of how they take care of their children.
Brooke
This book went a lot better than I was expecting. Even though it was a manners ST, I just had them show me their body parts. And the end is sweet.
Jenny Forgay
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sweet book is a great book to use in a family lesson. Children will also be able to see how different animals carry their babies.
Nikki
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Eh, cute enough. Nice representation of some animal diversity, but not much meat even for a little kid.
Eli
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful illustrations that were able to keep the attention of my 2 month old.
Mrs Bond
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, family
Does an alligator really carry its young in its mouth? Other than that, a cute bedtime read for preschoolers.
Jessica Lyons
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great pix and examples of how different mommies carry their babies
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mothers
A sweet and short picture book about a variety of animals asking their mommies to carry them in different ways.

Really sweet, endearing illustrations.
Gail
Jan 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
My two year old enjoyed this book. It's very simple but the pictures are colorful.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Ten Tiny Tickles
  • Clip-Clop
  • Silly Little Goose!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Sitting in My Box
  • If You're Happy And You Know It: Jungle Edition
  • Ten In The Den
  • Clap Your Hands
  • I Kissed the Baby!
Jane Cabrera is best known as an Author and Illustrator of Children's Books.
She has written and illustrated 56 books which have been translated into over 25 languages and won awards in the US and Europe. She lives on the edge of beautiful Dartmoor National Park in the UK.
Her books range from picture story books to concept board books for babies.

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/janec
More about Jane Cabrera...