Start by marking “It's the Best Day Ever, Dad!” as Want to Read:

It's the Best Day Ever, Dad!

Wake up, Dad! We've got a big day ahead!
Frankie and her little sister, Violet, are excited to be out and about with Dad! From pancakes to puppies to a super-duper surprise, the order of the day is F-U-N.
The gifted actress, author, and mother Brooke Shields pairs with the delightful Cori Doerrfeld for this joyful book about dads and daughters and the love they share.
Published April 21st 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about It's the Best Day Ever, Dad!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's the Best Day Ever, Dad!

Cassandra Gelvin
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review originally published at http://www.drttmk.com/books/its-best-....

Good because of what it leaves to the imagination.
There's two daughters, a mother, a father, and a dog living in the same house. The book is from the point of view of the eldest daughter. Basically, the girls have a day together with their dad. The girls wake him up, he shaves while they brush their teeth. He makes breakfast. Then it says, "After breakfast, we quietly sneak out of the house. Daddy says Mom needs a day t
Gwen Ayler
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books, dad
The story was a little dull. "We did this, then we did this, then we did this, then we did this, then we did this, then we did this, then we did this, and the we said goodnight"
Allison Linsey
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It's the Best Day Ever, Dad!

Wake up, Dad! We've got a big day ahead!

This was a cute book about a father spending the day with his girls! While mom "rests up" this is aweso
Rachel Thomas
Mar 06, 2010 rated it did not like it
title: It's the Best Day Ever, Day! (picture)
author: Brooke Shields
Illustrated by: Cori Doerrfeld
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Date of publication: 2009
Summary: This book was really cute. It was about two little girls who spend a day of fun with their dad. I wouldn't say it is one of my favorites. The story was touching but it seemed a tad dull. One thing that caught my attention was the illustrations. They were very bright and fun. It is definitely for a younger audience, probably between
Terry
May 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
My daughter picked this book because of the cover: a picture of a dad and two girls. She liked all the silly things the sisters did with their Dad.

This is a beautifully illustrated day of fun for two sweet little girls. It's nice to see a book about a dad and his daughters having fun together.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
Krys (Krys Reads)
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2013
I can't say I'm impressed.. The narration feels off. Or I feel funny about the entire thing. The illustrations are great, very well done to illustrate the story, but not the greatest picture book I've read lately.
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Frankie and her little sister Violet get to spend some time with their Dad while their Mom rests. Their Dad cooks for them, takes them to the park, and even has a tea party with them. It is beautifully illustrated. I liked how the dad and girls interacted together. It was a good book!

Molly
May 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Another famous person writes a book. It is ok but nothing special. The pictures are the best part of this. It is just what two girls do in a day I could find about 5 more I like better with this same idea. Ages 2+
Kelly Ann
Apr 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A book about two sisters and their day spent with their dad. Cute pictures and story, but not sure how this would benefit my classroom.
Trin.Jen.Anna
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anna
this book is adorable and since the two girls reminded me of my girls I love dit more! Shows all the fun you can have with daddy
Darla
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
How could I not read a book with a dog named Darla in it. Cute and funny.
Deatrice
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves that one of the main characters in this book has her name. What a happy family book!
Danica
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
We love this book, the sequel to "Welcome to your world baby!" The family fits ours perfectly. I love the pictures!
Jen
Jun 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are fabulous! ;-)
Kirsten
Feb 16, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a cute fun children's book. It doesn't really have a moral, but the illustrations are great and the story is fun.
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A very patient dad follows his two daughters through their very girly day.
Zack
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Maybe celebrities should just let their kids write the picture books, that might make the books readable.
Meghan
Feb 26, 2018
Susan
May 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Though I'm pretty sure this perfect dad exists only in fantastyland, this story was fun.
Amanda Johnson