Start by marking “Angel Cake” as Want to Read:
Angel Cake

Angel Cake

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  3,229 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
Anya used to dream of moving to Britain to start a brand-new life. But as she sits in a school where nobody understands her, she dreams of Polish summer skies and the place where she once belonged. Then Anya meets bad boy Dan. He's no angel, but she's sure there's a sweeter side to him. And when things begin to fall apart, Anya realizes she's not alone - how can Dan be suc ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Puffin Books (first published April 27th 2009)

Libby
Jul 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any Cathy Cassidy fans, people who are tired of Jaquline WIlson
Melissa
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ayant adoré la série des Filles au Chocolat, j'attendais avec impatience la sortie d'Aux Délices des Anges !

La plume de l'auteure est toujours aussi agréable à lire et autant dire que j'ai dévoré le roman (la couverture donne aussi envie n'est-ce pas ? ^^).

On découvre Anya, âgée de 13 ans qui doit quitter ses amis et son pays, la Pologne, pour aller s'installer en Angleterre avec sa famille. Son père a trouvé du travail là-bas et espère pouvoir améliorer leurs conditions de vie.

Tout ne va pas êt
Shirleen Young
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing for girls in middle school! It's about this girl Anya who moves to Britan from Poland. It's her first move ever and things hasn't been easy on her. First of all all the other girls at her school find her different cause she doesn't speak that good of english. Secondly she's in love with bad boy Dan... who actually isn't that bad in the inside. There's really more to Dan then just a bad boy. Also for Anya being with Dan feels like heaven, but he just has to be bad news to her pare ...more
Susanne
Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
This is a fun book about a young girl's experiences as she moves to Liverpool in the UK from her home in Poland.

As Anya struggles to fit in at her new school, she deals with issues of peer pressure, bullying and loneliness. As the story progresses, Anya discovers that her new friendships give her the strength to deal with the trials and disappointments that come her way.

There is a lot of humour and fun in this novel, but it is also a great story for young girls to encourage them to believe in th
Sandra Stiles
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grades
Anya, her mother and sister Kazia have moved from their home in Poland to Liverpool, England. Her father had moved there three years before to help start a business give his family a better life. Anya finds it difficult in school. She is afraid to speak because her English is not real good. She is drawn to the school's bad boy Dan. Through her relationship with Dan she learns that things are not always what they seem. Her mom helps out Dan's mother in her shop and makes a new friend. Because of ...more
Mia
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyable. A teen book full of romance, problems and happy endings. It tells the story of Anya, a girl from Poland. She moves to Liverpool, for her dad's work and discovers that England is not all the book says. School is a struggle, home is dreadful and the only way she can survive the cold and lonely months is to make friends. She makes friends, enemies, cakes and slowly her life begins to patch together, whether for better or for worse is for you to decide!
A first class teen read and r
Muskan
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars.
The story is mediocre, more on the 'Good' side. Even though the character development and turning points are fast paced, it would make a fair book for someone who is in middle school or a bit younger than that. Another thing is, how can Dan kiss her so soon? That was Awkward and way too immediate. I also think Cathy Cassidy failed to make Dan look really, really bad boy. What I liked in the book is how a young girl has to move to a different city, and how different and difficult it is.
Katie
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sara
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reading experience began with Cathy's books and I loved every single one of them. So, this year I decided to go back and read a few of them again and I did not regret it. It is so fun to go back to these books for children which are full of happy and light vibes and take a break from the books I usually read.
Maria Bt
Mar 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A vrai dire, je n'ai pas du tout aimé cette histoire. J'aurais peut-être dû la lire dans mon enfance o/
La fin est ennuyeuse et ressemble aux contes de fée. A un moment même, je commençais à me demander si le héros (j'ai oublié son nom tiens) est humain ou non xD
Gwyneth
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the setting of this book, which is in Liverpool, the city where my parents once lived in :) I can also see the problems immigrants face like discrimination.
Ajla
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Such a fun and cute story.
Ananya Percypotter
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book thrice!!
Must read
FaithTrustPixieDust
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction
It was really cute. I loved how she tries to solve her family problems as well as have a great social life with her friends and her crush. Cathy Cassidy is an amazing writer. Go Cathy!!!! :)
Kamilya Basyrova
Я понимаю, что эти книги подростковые, но блин, они мне так нравятся)) и эта, пожалуй, больше всех. Она такая белая и пушистая, как крылья ангела, снег и сахарная пудра. Вот именно так)) в середине я абсолютно не видела, куда все движется. И это прекрасно)) это уже двенадцатая вроде книга этого автора, что я читаю, и она в третий раз затрагивает вегетарианство. мне нравится .

Спойлеры.
Аня переехала в Англию к отцу из Польши. поначалу она ничего не понимала по-английски, хотя и хорошо его знала. А
Leoni Langman
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I have to say after all the Cathy Cassidy books (only a few) I think this is my old time favourite.

A girl who comes from Poland comes to live with her dad. She meets a bad boy. Cute but bad. I love that Cathy has put a bad girl between them both. Splitting them up. But no matter what happens they always find each other at the end.

Anyone who reads or has read Jackline Wilson books you haven't read anything yet. And everyone who reads this review please read this book I am begging y
erica
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one much more than the last few of hers that I've had (via an ILL in the library). much more upbeat, with likeable and realistic characters.
and the childline number listed in the back. (while it's UK based, there were websites listed as well)
Tara
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Rachel
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was my favourite when I was younger!
Emy
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book and it made me feel lots of different emotions for Angel and her family. Angel had just moved from Poland with her family (Mum, Dad and sister) to England and Angel didn't fit into her new school very well. She didn't talk much and people can't understand her, but her little sister made lots of friends in her school. Her family was struggling with money and after Christmas they were going to have to move back to Poland. She falls in love with a bad boy Dan, who has a tro ...more
Galleane
Si c'est un roman simple, il m'a fait passer un bien agréable moment.

Mon avis complet : http://bloggalleane.blogspot.fr/2017/...
Megan-Elizabeth
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm reaching that stage in my life now, where I've been reading adult and young adult literature for a good few years, and I've decided that it's probably time to renounce those books that I read as a much younger girl and, and get them off my bookshelf, to make room for all my new books, but before I do, I want to read them all again, and I started with Cathy Cassidy's 'Angel Cake'.

The book is about a young Polish girl called Anya, whose family have always held on to their desire to move to Br
Céline Meg
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Après la saga des "Filles au chocolat", Cathy Cassidy revient avec une nouvelle héroïne : Anya et un nouveau one-shot tout aussi gourmand : "Aux délices des Anges". Comme toujours avec les romans de Cathy Cassidy, j'ai passé un agréable moment. Même si le roman s'adresse aux onze/quatorze ans, les lecteurs plus âgés pourront l'apprécier tout autant. "Aux délices des anges" est à la fois un conte de Noël et un roman moderne pour adolescentes.

Au début du ro
Ingrid Fasquelle
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Après le succès de sa série Les filles au chocolat, Cathy Cassidy revient avec un nouveau one shot gourmand et une nouvelle héroïne tout aussi irrésistible ! On y retrouve à peu près les mêmes problématiques et la même trame narrative que dans ses précédentes productions, à savoir des personnages charismatiques, attachants et une histoire toute simple, pleine de bons sentiments, qui aborde avec finesse quelques uns des grands problèmes de l'adolescence.

Dans Aux délices des anges, Cathy Cassidy t
SIMON Karine
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ceux ou celles qui me suivent régulièrement savent que j’ai adoré la première saga de Cathy Cassidy traduit en français : Les filles au chocolat. Alors je peux vous dire que lorsque j’ai trouvé le premier tome d’Aux délices des anges dans ma boîte aux lettres, j’ai sauté de joie.

Il n’aura pas fallu longtemps, pour que je le dévore comme une gourmandise sucrée. Et oui, ce roman est tout simplement délicieux, acidulé et gourmand, tout en étant léger, drôle et touchant.

Au début du roman, nous faiso
Valérie Carreau
Mon avis: J'attendais avec une très grande impatience la sortie de ce roman, ayant adoré la saga des filles au chocolat que j'ai lu d'une traite l'été dernier, celui-ci, je l'attendais au tournant et c'est avec une réelle appréhension que j'ai commencé ma lecture et bien je vous avoue que je ne suis pas déçue de cette lecture, je suis même enchantée, en effet, je l'ai tout simplement adoré et j'ai retrouvé la très belle plume de Cathy Cassidy qui m'avait si émue lors de mes précédentes lectures ...more
Tara Calaby
(3.5 stars)

I'm a definite fan of Cathy Cassidy's books. She's similar to Jacqueline Wilson in that her characters come from diverse backgrounds and often belong to non-nuclear families and families with financial difficulties. Angel Cake is no exception. Its protagonist is Anya, a young girl who has just arrived in Liverpool from Poland. Her father has brought the family to England to make a better life there, but the reality is different from Anya's dreams and the financial climate means that t
Chloe
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A cute Cathy Cassidy book about a girl named Anya who moves from Poland to Liverpool in England.

In Krakow, Poland Anya lives a happy life with her little sister Kazia, school is great, her Mum bakes cake in a bakery and she has friends. The only thing missing is her Dad. But once the family is reunited in England things don't go to plan.

The pretty cottage with white walls, a glossy red door and roses climbing the walls, from the English picture books Anya imagined living in ,turns out to be a sm
Faye
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Storyline

Angel Cake is about a Polish girl called Anya. Anya has always wanted to move to England, and when Anya's Dad needs the family to go from Poland to Liverpool so he can get a better business, Anya feels like she is over the top of the moon. But when she gets there, things aren't as she imagined, and when she thinks that things are really going wrong, she meets Dan, with his braided black hair and melting chocolate eyes. Now, she needs to choose her choices and shape her life the way s
  • My Sister Jodie
  • The Baboons Who Went This Way and That
  • Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • A Million Angels
  • The Story of Cirrus Flux
  • The One and Only (Luke and Eve, #3)
  • A Glittering Gallop (Magic Kitten, #8)
  • Dear Swoosie (Girlfriend Fiction, #17)
  • Million Dollar Mates (Million Dollar Mates, #1)
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • The Truth Cookie
  • The Coming of the Dragon
I was born in 1962 in Coventry (scarily ancient, I know). I wrote my first picture book for my little brother when I was eight or nine. I loved making comics, too - pages and pages of picture stories, features and competitions.

I went to Art College in Liverpool, then got a job as fiction editor on the fab and legendary Jackie magazine.

I have worked as agony aunt on Shout magazine and also as an ar
More about Cathy Cassidy

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Instead of blue skies and sunshine, there are grey clouds and endless rain that seeps into your bones, your soul.” 2 likes