Start by marking “Farm Wanted” as Want to Read:
Farm Wanted

Farm Wanted

It all began when a city couple took a drive in the country one day and bought a place "just for summer weekends."

Fifteen years, two children, several hundred hens, four goats, some cows and a number of pigs later, the feminine half of the couple took stock of things.
Published September 12th 2007 by Kessinger Publishing (first published January 1st 1951)

Start your review of Farm Wanted
Faye Johnson
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Dated, but interesting read. Farm Wanted chronicles the journey of a city family as they tackle the idea of being part time farmers on a rundown farm they purchased one fateful weekend on a drive through the country. Having grown up on a farm in the deep south during the same time frame, it took me back to my own childhood and brought up great memories. It seemed to drag a lot as she described the many ways they learned to utilize various crops which caught them unaware in their abundance. ...more
Roberta
There is a saying that came to mind when I started reading this book, "The rich are different than you and me."

For a city-girl-playing-at-being-a-farmer, I would probably recommend The Egg and I over this book, keeping in mind the time period in which these books were written and that different people have different ideas about what is "roughing it" and what is not. The only reason I gave this book three stars instead of two is because I am always interested in a book with a local setting.

A
Sydney  Paulsen
Jun 12, 2018
Kallie
Jun 22, 2015
Helen Train Hilles confessed that in her early teens she wrote very bad stories about subjects of which she knew nothing. Later she became a well-known contributor of articles and food columns to women's magazines, and the author of a popular and unconventional cookbook, To the Queen's Taste, and of several books for children -- subjects that she knew a great deal about.

Daughter of best-selling