Start by marking “Visible Oscuridad ” as Want to Read:
Visible Oscuridad

Visible Oscuridad

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  10,403 Ratings  ·  308 Reviews
En las altas esferas del arte y de la política del Nueva York actual, la corrupción, la avaricia y la ambición adquieren forma visual en las pinceladas de los cuadros que Sweeney pinta en estado de trance.

Sus misteriosas facultades paranormales la sitúan, muy a su pesar, en el centro de una intriga entre los bastidores del poder.

Simultáneamente, el descubrimiento del amor
Published November 1999 by Ediciones Urano (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Visible Oscuridad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visible Oscuridad

♡Karlyn P♡

4* 'Fifty Shades Didn't Write it First' Stars
ME: "Hey, this is just like Fifty-Shades of Grey!!"

YOU: "Noooo, seriously?!!"

ME: "Yes, really!!"
I know, I know… It seems as if EVERY book these days is being compared to the Fifty phenomenon. But to me, Fifty is just recycled material and this book is yet more proof. Romance authors have been writing about super sexy, powerful, rich billionaires with an obsessive streak for a ‘mousy’ heroine for YEARS! Tortured heroes? Also been done, done, and do
Diana
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! a very dramatic storyline that had little romance and mystery...well written(paperback!)
Ingela
Written March 23, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Sweet Smexy Simple Suspense

Well, it was entertaing and I'm not complaining; this is a sweet thrilling romance with a good crime plot. Not an amazing great novel from Linda Howard but undoubtedly good enough.

***********************************************************

Manhattan, New York City, U.S.

Paris Sweeney, or just Sweeney as she prefers, is a talented painter in her early thirties. Sweeney like to love alone, and don't want any relationship, her artwork i
Mo
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This one is coming in at between 3 and 4 stars. There was something missing and I don’t know what.

”Honey, you don’t have any idea how I look when I’m satisfied.”

Sweeney is independent, dresses how she likes, doesn’t care about class or status. She thinks she is immune to men – until suddenly she realizes that she is not. Especially where Richard Worth is concerned.

Touch of the paranormal.

He bent his head and kissed her sulky mouth

Sex scenese were few and far between.

He had a sneaking idea s
Jo

Classic Linda Howard! I love this book.

Paris Sweeney who prefers to go by Sweeney is a talented painter, who is pretty content with her life in New York. Although things has been a little weird in the last year, with her dreams becoming so vivid and colourful it seems real and her sudden attraction to Richard Worth is also completely out of character for her.

And when it turns out the murder scenes she’s suddenly started painting in her sleep are real, Sweeney’s life is changed forever. The o

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
 photo 11575720_zpsb424590b.jpg

Re-reading Dec 15th, 2014 (Audio Book)
In the mood for some Linda Howard, thought I'd revisit an old favorite....it's a oldie but definitely a goodie.

I love both the H&h in this book and Richard is probably one of my fave LH hero's. Paris Sweeny is a clairvoyant artist and Richard is a wealthy businessman who's estranged socialite wife owns the art gallery where Sweeny displays her work.

Richard and Sweeny are wildly attracted to one another after a chance encounter they start spending tim
Rachel Regina
Surprise surprise! Loved it!

Overall rating: 4.5 "Sweetie" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Lover triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Lady Heather
Love it!!!
Richard is AMAZING!... *sigh*
..and Sweeney has got style, a no-nonsense attitude, honesty, and integrity. Absolutely adored her character.
Kathy
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ETA: Originally read sometime in 2009. Rereading seven years later, and I see problems, but thankfully, no dead people. ;)

3.5 stars for this one this time around, I think.

The chemistry between Richard and Sweeney was very good though I do feel the romance was rushed. Richard Worth is very wealthy businessman and is married to Candra (though not for long if he has anything to say about it), a New York gallery owner who exhibits Sweeney's work . He's in the final negotiations of a rather contenti
Ian
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Howard always strikes me as an author with potential. I've read maybe 7 or 8 of her books and I've quite liked them all, but in each case couldn't help thinking 'this would be better if....'.

There have only been two of her books which I have no reservations about. Veil of Night and this one. This book centers around Paris, an artist who has strange psychic abilities. When she approaches a red light, it turns green. Her potted plants thrive regardless of how she treats them. She knows the
Yolanda
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
3,5
sencillito, fácil de leer, he pasado un buen rato, estaba intrigada. Para pasar un rato entretenido que es lo que esperaba.
Linda
I believe Linda Howard is one of those authors that is successful because of her heroes. The romance and suspense could be good but to me, what 'sells' her stories, are the male characters. You are going to love them or you are not. Alpha-dripping, domineering protective/obsessive, possible cave-man attitude men who love the heroine and are not afraid to show it. And if you can love the hero, you will accept the heroine.

Paris 'Sweeney', among other things, started seeing ghosts a year ago. (view
Kathleen
Paranormal edge. Sexy, tense, and scary. Absorbing read! Sometimes witty, too. Richard and Sweetie make a great pair. Opposites attract. Great narration, too. I've read this book and also listened to it.
Has
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note: Originally posted at - www.Bookloversinc.com

Now You See Her is one of my all time favourite books, and it is one of those books I revist again and again, especially at times I need to get out of a book funk or to comfort myself when I need a pick-me-up. I am a huge huge fan of Linda Howard’s, but there is something really magical about this book especially where it stands out among her backlist, and most recently I reread it again for the 5837327 time, and I decided to write an Oldie but a
Amanda Sheila
I think this is the Linda book I read that has a Hero with normal job instead of police officer or detective. It's pretty refreshing, even though I kinda miss the authority vibe.

Sweeney's able to see ghosts. But with her ability, comes the side effect; she felt bone-chilling cold all the time. Especially when she's in trance and starts painting unconsciously. But everything slowly get better when Richard enters the picture. Sweeney's been crushing on Richard since forever and now, apparently Ri
Kath
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I usually enjoy Linda Howards works, this one had enough things that bothered me to rate it as a 2. There were parts that were interesting, but more parts bugged me than anything. First of all, the storyline of Sweeny and her gift showed some promise and was some what interesting, but was never resolved at the end. Why was it happening, how was it linked, what really was it.

Secondly, her love interest, Richard. A man whom earned his wealth on his own and whom is recently going through a di
Pamela(AllHoney)
A good read by Ms Howard. Paris Sweeney is an artist, haunted by her dreams. Richard is the gallery owner and husband of the woman, Chandra, who runs the gallery and shows Paris' works. He feels an attraction for the quirky artist right away but until his upcoming divorce is final, he must bide his time. Meanwhile, brutal murders are taking shape on Paris' canvases. Fast-paced and suspenseful.
Mara
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Just one question: Where's the story? (Or the romance or any depth...)
P. Kirby
Goodreads asks, "Are you sure you want to mark this book as read?" and I respond, "Oh, sweet Jesus, yes, finally."

Now You See Her bears a strikingly similarity to Twilight. Not because there is a disco ball sparkly vampire anywhere in sight, but instead, because, like Twilight, the voice is engaging, that of a natural story teller, and it kept me reading long after I'd lost any interest in the characters.

Also, like Twilight, it features a "Rich, powerful male sweeps into the heroine's life, savi
Ari
Reading a Linda Howard novel is so good, that even when the story is “ehhh,” it’s still pretty damn great. She’s like Nora Roberts for me: comfort reads—cozy and delicious and they end up far too fast.

That being sad, I was not feeling the magic in this book the same way that I have in the past. For me, it’s one of her weaker ones, which is a shame, because the plot of so intriguing and has so much potential. But the characters, ironically, ruined it.

Sweeny is, sadly, one of the most annoying fem
Katherine 黄爱芬
Sweeney adalah seorang pelukis yg juga memiliki kemampuan cenayang. Dia bekerja pada gallery yg dimiliki suami istri yg akan bercerai, Candra & Richard Worth. Perceraian yg sudah berlarut-larut dan di ambang pintu ini menjadi masalah yg harus buru-buru diselesaikan oleh Richard. Sayangnya gara-gara hal ini juga mengakibatkan tragedi.

Walaupun saya suka cara pendekatan insta-love di awal-awal hubungan mereka dgn "pertukaran panas badan", saya merasa feel romance terasa sekali dipaksakan ditumb
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012-Personal Category: This book has been on my to-read list since Dec 10, 2010.

A-/B+
This book has been on my to-read list for over a year, but I never got around to getting a print copy. When it was available for a good price as an audiobook on audible, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I listened to the audiobook instead of reading the book. While I would have liked the book in print, I can't help but think the narrator increased my enjoyment quite a bit. Narrator Laura Le
Eve
Now You See Her by Linda Howard
Genre: Romantic Suspense > Paranormal > Psychics

This is a fantastic story full of murder, suspense, the supernatural, and a steamy love.
The heroine, Paris Sweeney is one of the quirkiest - you never know what she'll say next, and sometimes it seems she doesn't, either. When Richard asks her out to dinner, she blurts out: "God, no!" and then she tells him that he'll want time and sex and things like that, which she doesn't have time for.
Richard is in the middle of a really nasty divorce
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero, Richard and his ex-wife made this book for me. She was a snide little bitch and he was so damn cool I betcha a fly wouldn't land on him. Linda is very good at writing the GQ Cool as a Cucumber guys! Strong silent type with a look and snappy lines that will scare a person. No threats and promises --- just assurances. He isn't quite Gray from After the Night (nobody is that 007 cajun cool), but very much like Robert Conrad from Loving Evangeline all grown up.

Obviously I read Linda Howard
Tetty Marlinda
#74 for 2017 RC
Genre: Suspense Romance

Buku kedua Linda Howard yang berbau paranormal setelah Dream Man. Saya jarang membaca buku-buku yang berbau paranormal baru di 2 buku Ms. Howard mulai genre tersebut.

Secara umum sih suka sama ceritanya, cuma perkembangan hubungan Hero dan Heroine terlalu cepat gak ada pasang surut sama sekali jadi kurang greget. Chemistry juga kuran buat dua tokoh utama ini. Walau secara tema cukup menarik untuk dikembangkan lebih dalam.

Belum ketemu buku Linda Howard yang b
Angelica
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book boring and unoriginal. Starting with the weird artist who is (obviously) not aware of her own beauty, who is the closest thing to a virgin I could imagine, and who, of course, manages to attract the rich guy despite, or maybe because of, her innocent weird ways. Let's not forget that he's not just a rich guy, he's an ex Ranger self made millionaire. And dare I say boring to boost due to his two-dimensional characterization?

Sweeny grated on my nerves. Her naivete was too close
Jane Stewart
4 stars. I liked the audiobook better than the physical book.

I read this several years ago and felt it was pretty good, but it was easy to put down when I needed to do other things. I didn’t feel as emotionally invested as I did with other books by this author. But I recently listened to the audiobook and felt very different. It was very enjoyable. So I upped my rating from 4 stars to 4 .

It is about an artist who paints psychic visions and a businessman in process of getting a divorce. They fal
Fiordiligii
I can't believe it's been three years since I last read this book. I LOVE it, it's one of the few "old romances" that I adore as much today as I did when I first read it. Back in the good old days before sexy romances and obsessive heroes became the norm, this little jewel excelled at "mister alpha meets dorky, snarky heroine". The sex scenes are tame by today's standard, and there's barely any dirty talk, but considering it has been written in the late nineties (1998), it's all the more fantast ...more
Carolyn F.
Audiobook. Abridged

This book was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't realize the author did paranormal books (ghosts and clairvoyance). Loved that aspect of it. I loved Talia Balsam's narration and am very surprised she didn't narrate more books because she did a wonderful job with this one. So, loved the book, loved the narration, loved the author. Love, love, love.
MBR
Though I am still pouting about the shortness of the epilogue, I will still give this book a 5 star rating because as always Linda Howard delivers what she promises in her stories.
Full review can be found at my blog: http://bit.ly/clmeu6
Brown Bag Book Club: Do You Like This Book? 3 6 Oct 22, 2012 05:16PM
  • Shadows at Sunset
  • Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)
  • Woman On The Run
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Return To Me
  • After Caroline
  • Shadow Dance
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Walking After Midnight
  • Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...

“Sweeney: I can just see all you tough young soldiers cuddling together.
Richard: Not cuddling, huddling. There's a difference.”
30 likes
“She had always enjoyed her sense of being alone, envisioning herself as a ball that rolled through life, bumping into other lives but not stopping.” 6 likes