Start by marking “Inside I'm Hurting: Practical Strategies for Supporting Children with Attachment Difficulties in School. Louise Michelle Bombr” as Want to Read:

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Pupils who survive multiple traumatic experiences of loss, trauma, abuse and neglect can easily be misunderstood in our schools, despite our good intentions. This work includes strategies that provide teachers and teaching assistants with different perspectives, practical tools and the confidence for supporting these children.
Published March 1st 2006 by Worth Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Inside I'm Hurting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside I'm Hurting

Demi Clark
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Louise Bomber's book is an insightful, inspirational, clear and practical manual which entirely fulfils its aims. This is a much needed classroom book in that it provides children with strategies and practical tools to support and build confidence to form an attachment perspective. The author of this book is a teacher/ therapist this comes across in the book through passion and support. The clear messages within this book are not only for children but for schools to become more inclusive towards ...more
Pandora
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Education
Recommended to Pandora by: Health care professional
An amazingly useful text for professionals who are working alongside children with attachment and/or behavioural difficulties. The information as to why some behaviours are displayed was coherently explained and (most importantly?) strategies for dealing with the challenges was fantastic.
Susan Anderson
Dec 26, 2014
Beth
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really wish I had more time to read this - 4*

Errrgh! I have a pile of books to read and can't give each book the time it deserves. This book is brilliant in its structure and its approach to learning. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with attachment difficulties throughout my short teaching career but these things have happened and I need strategies to approach these.

This is my first book on attachment disorders and probably won't be my last. I first learned about attachment disorder in A L
Lilykate