Start by marking “The Princess Plot (Scandia, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Plot  (Scandia, #1)

The Princess Plot

(Scandia #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  2,473 Ratings  ·  280 Reviews
Jenna has just won the starring role in a film about a princess--sweet! In the wink of an eye, she's whisked off to a remote, romantic kingdom for the "shoot." But something's amiss: First, she finds out she bears an uncanny resemblance to the real princess, who has run away following the death of her father, the king. Then she learns that the conniving regent plans to use ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Chicken House (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Plot, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Denise
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
This is a fun book. Lots of action, suspense and intrigue. I've tried to get some of the kids to read it at school but I think they were put off by the pink cover. I was afraid it would be just a 'girly' book and I wasn't really in the mood for one but wanted to read it so I could booktalk it when school starts again. I was really surprised at how much fun it was. It isn't a 'girly' book at all. I hope they change the cover because both girls and guys would like this book.
Michele
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it
My first comment about this book is that it is an unusual story. I picked it up for my library at a recent book fair and it has a pretty steady circulation; not hot, but definitely not dusty either. Both the book and the blurb are attractive: pink and princessey with a pirate-looking skull; a young girl wins a dream movie role and is catapulted into real danger.

For the most part, I would say that the story lives up to this expectation, especially if that expectation is from young dreamy-eyed gi
Miss Clark
Jessikah
Jun 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-reads-09
3 stars..ish...
The cover of this book was too delicious to pass up. Yummy pink with sparkles and a skull and cross bones to make it look bad ass, and though the cover is delicious like a cotton candy cupcake at Crumbs, the book is just ok like a smaller vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting... which many people like because its comfortable. Much like this book.

The story goes that Jenna, daughter of an over protective mother who is an etiquette teacher for a living (really, does anyone actually d
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Jenna and her friend get invited to audition for a movie about a princess. Little does Jenna know, it's not actually for a movie.

Without telling her overprotective mother, she auditions. She makes it to the final round, not believing that she's been singled out and chosen above all the other girls in her town.

But instead of filming a movie, they take her out of the country to fill in for a real princess during her salute to the crowd during her bir
Maryam AlNaser
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf, 2014
I've had this book on my bookshelf for years, and since I recently picked up its sequel, I though it was about rime for me to read it. The first thing I noticed straight away is that it's for a younger age group. Not middle grade. The awkward age in between. The age where people would actually use omg and bff in real life. So that kinda put me off, but I continued reading. Some parts are a little bit predictable, but some parts weren't. This may have started like a 'omg-im-so-cool' pre-teen stor ...more
((( Silver O. Smith - "Snug as a bug on a drug. (We Happy Few)" . . . What the hath... )))
LOved it. Future readers it is not the sappy type of book.
Bridget
Mar 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was a streach for everything to stick together, but overall a great story. BTW, don't let the cover full you! :)
Oliviafeldman
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
best book ever! Must read
Valery
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute story.
The writing style takes some getting used too, and it was slow in several places.
More on the girly side, but may work for some young boys as well.

For my clean readers:
I don't remember much in the way of language but there is violence, bombings, and talk of murder. Also kidnapping, both adult and child, through misdirection.
Good story to help discuss choices for your kiddos and the dangers of life.
No romance.
Jesten
Jun 06, 2017 added it
This book lacked personality, but it had a clever plot. I think that it being translated probably sucked some of the life out of it.
Oct 08, 2012 rated it liked it
this review was originally posted at a-thousand-ships.blogspot.com

Ships Launched: 773

When I first read this book, I had no idea that it was originally a German bestseller. Yes, I'm a tad ignorant.

In The Princess Plot, a young girl named Jenna wins a starring role in a princess movie against all odds, but mysterious things begin to happen when she arrives at the filming location in the foreign country of Scandia.

Boie did a great job with creating the country of Scandia. Every country has its pro
Aaron
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
This German import, translated by David Henry Wilson, takes readers on surprising twists and turns. It starts of when Jenna and her best friend Bea decide to audition for a movie after seeing an announcement for the tryouts. She know that her mother wouldn't want her to do it because it is not the proper thing, but Bea talks Jenna into going anyway.

When they arrive, they learn that they are trying out for the role of a princess in a story. Jenna is surprised to find herself chosen as the leading
Lauren
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Man, German’s children’s book are a head trip. Over the years, I’ve read a handful of children’s books originally published in German and translated into English, and all of them are much darker and more sinister than their English counterparts. Oh, and on that note: This may be the worst title and cover design ever for a book that’s pretty dark and sinister in its own right. A bright-pink cover with a whimsical name like The Princess Plot may sound like bubblegum fiction – and this book may hav ...more
Maggie Li
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Was a little confusing at first but it's a good book.
Feb 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grades 5-8
Recommended to Sarah by: 5/6 list
Jenna is tired of her mother always being so overprotective, so when the chance comes along for her to audition for a part in a movie, she decides to go for it without telling her. All of Jenna’s friends are auditioning; why shouldn’t she?

The movie people tell her that the role for which they are casting is the part of a princess. Jenna doesn’t think that she’s very princess-like, so she can’t believe it when they tell her that she got the part! She can’t believe that they didn’t even have her
Melissa
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-lit
Super fun book! Listened to most of it on a play-a-way on our trecherous road trip over Thanksgiving (10 hours in a snow storm to get to 5 hours away location--and that was only part way to our goal). The play-a-way died on chapter 22 leaving a van full of very disappointed listeners. Once I checked out the library book, the 14 yr. old boy and two 11 year old boys fought over who got to finish the book first!

Even though the main character is girl and the cover is pink--this book is full of adve
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Noelle H
Sep 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. It definitely kept me guessing. It was as longer book, so it had more details in it. It was fun to read. During the ending of the book, I couldn’t stop reading it. I usually don’t read during the weekends, but I couldn’t help myself. I didn’t know what was going to happen. It’s one of those books where when the character is confused and doesn’t know much, you’re confused and you don’t know much. In the middle of the book a lot is revealed, but it’s only until the ending of ...more
Threegirlsandabook
May 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
S- Possibly the most confusing book I have ever read. "The Princess Plot" tells the story of a mssing princess adnd a young, similar looking girl who is taken awaky by officials to serve as a replacement while the princess is being relocated. Sounds like a great tale, I know. But let me tell you, this book is anything but that. "The Princess Plot" skips to conversations where you have no idea who the people are and what they're talking about. Half of the things they are saying are boring and unn ...more
Janell
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I tried to have a good attitude about this book. But for the most part, it was extremely predicable and the characters were ridiculous. I understand that it's for junior fiction, but even younger kids are going to see the transparency of what was going on. And then there were random phrases and words mixed in that young kids would NOT understand. So it really didn't work much for me.
Georgina
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!! It was so suspenseful all the way through. I found this book in a box of books that our friends had given us before they moved house. AMAZING! The whole book was really detailed but not boring at all. I loved the characters and how the book only gave away small clues until the final "punch" at the end. Well done Kirsten Boie!!!
Louie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Awesome. I really liked this book, since it was so much more than I expected. The Princess Plot is a political story at its heart but what I really liked about it was the multiple narratives, the fast pace, and the epic plot twists. This is a read for anyone who like multi layered stories, fast pace, and mystery. I am definitely reading more of the authors work.
Fashiongirlgoldberg
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book was really kind of weird. It had the whole princess and the pauper thing, but weirder. Maybe the whole book felt so weird because it was originally written in Polish or something. It felt really old fashioned, but eveyrone had cellphones. weird? Oh yeah.
Kaelyn
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The main character was incredibly stupid (in terms of seeing all the warning signs that were literally STARING HER IN THE FACE WITH GIANT NEON LETTERS), I saw 99% of the plot twists a mile away, and the characters weren't done that well, but I will probably end up reading the rest of the series.
Rose(On temporary hiatus)
Rating: 1.5 Stars
When I finished this book, I was overcome with a sense of undeniable joy. Not because I enjoyed or liked reading this book, but because I knew I would never have to read it again. That pretty much sums up my review.
Sara
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great cliff hanger book. Great details and great for any age!
Anita
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
My library had this as an audio-book and i wanted something simple and fluffy to read. I know this was meant to be YA, but i thought it was really uneven in it's target age group. Maybe it was because the narrator spoke slowly and like she was speaking to a toddler, but there were points where it felt like it was aimed at 10 year olds and times where it was trying to (poorly) compete with other YA dystopian novels. It really wasn't even in the storytelling.
The story started out like the prince a
Ibidun Ibidun
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book was spectacular. It was like an adventure to go through. The plot was very exciting to read and it was fun to know the secrets at the end.
Erickold
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Conozcamos el lado misterioso en una historia de princesas. Bueno, que al menos tiene que ver con una princesa. Decir que Jarven lo es está más fuera de la realidad que cualquier cosa. La aburrida Jarven, con una madre que no le permite hacer nada y sus ganas de salir a pasear. Si esto fuera un cuento, estaríamos todos sorprendidos.
¿Cómo hacer crecer una mentira? Intentando decir nada. Y es así porque aquí lo que no se dice se demuestra.
Esta historia, aventura más bien, está basada en una ment
The plot of the book 3 33 Nov 11, 2011 01:01AM
  • To Catch a Prince: To Catch a Prince & The Frog Prince
  • Sloane Sisters (Sloane Sisters, #1)
  • Do-Over
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Radio Fifth Grade
  • Katie Cat (Geheimnisvolle Mädchen, #1)
  • A Non-Blonde Cheerleader in Love (Cheerleader Trilogy, #3)
  • Change of a Dress (Cinderella Cleaners, #1)
  • Falling
  • I So Don't Do Mysteries (I So Don't Do..., #1)
  • Talent (Talent, #1)
  • PinkMuffin@BerryBlue. Betreff: IrrLäufer (PinkMuffin@BerryBlue, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lightning
  • Beauty Shop for Rent: . . . fully equipped, inquire within
  • The Mosts
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Movers & Fakers (Alphas, #2)
Kirsten Boie was born in Hamburg in 1950. She studied German and English literature and wrote a doctoral thesis on a topic in the field of literary research. She worked as a secondary school teacher in Hamburg from 1978 until 1983. When she adopted a child she had to stop teaching and began to write. Her first book "Paule ist ein Glücksgriff" (1985) was very well received and won several awards.

Si

Scandia (2 books)
  • The Princess Trap (Scandia, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Girl I Used to Be
    $7.80 $2.99
  • After the Woods
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Yeah right. I'll believe you, thousands wouldn't. Want to borrow my mirror?” 5 likes
“i love the book called the princess plot and its a good book because its about how its mysterys from other peeps...” 2 likes