Start by marking “Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)

Mackenzie Blue

(Mackenzie Blue #1)

Meet Mackenzie Blue, aka Zee

She has it all—smarts, talent, humor, and style. . . .

Is it enough to survive middle school?

Countdown to a 7th Grade Meltdown

1. Your BFF moves away.

2. Someone steals your diary and reveals your deepest secrets—to the entire class.

3. You have one chance to become a rock star and one chance to totally blow it. Guess what!? All three happened to
Published May 5th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mackenzie Blue, please sign up.

Start your review of Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)
Mallory
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
When I was asked to review this book series I have to admit I was a little hesitant. It's been forever since I have read middle grade books. I'm glad I took up the offer! Mackenzie Blue is a 7th grade student at Brookdale Academy. Like all girls this age, Mackenzie (aka Zee) worries about what others think about her. Mackenzie has a crush on Landon, but she is not the only girl that likes him. Her best friend Ally moves away to France and Zee has to start a new school year at a different school. ...more
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW
It’s a Win, Win, Win, Win situation with Mackenzie Blue! I loved Mackenzie Blue’s Crew of friends, the drawings, the on-line chatting, and the diary entries. Yep, I liked it all.
I will break down what I enjoyed the most in each book -
Mackenzie Blue - Zee struggling to find the courage to take part in the Teen Sing contest.
The Secret Crush – Zee finding all sorts of crazy ways to get Landon’s attention.
Friends Forever? – Zee trying to keep the peace between her best friends who are having
Stacy
Aug 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
If you are looking for a light fun read then Mackenzie is for you. It is a charming story of a girl who is starting the process of growing up and all the challenges that come with it. This story is like A Dairy of a Wimpy Kid for girls. Full of pictures and drawings that bring the story to life. Even though I am a little out of the age demographic for this book, I still really enjoyed it. I used to be in middle school and remember all too well the how hard it can be for a girl to deal with ...more
Rebecca
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a girl who's friend moves away and she has to make new friends their is a new girl they are now friends. Also the main charecter makenzie she lost her diary and she was acuseing her friends of stealing it. They went to a party and they made friends again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to find out the ending please read the book.
Tara Armstrong
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book along with the rest in the series!! i hope that Tina Wells will write more with the same characters and stuff. it was really awesome! If your looking for a good book, then you should read this one and the others in the series!
Danceaw18zendayafan
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mackenzie-blue
I liked how there was a mystery about who stole Zee's diary.
Kathy
Landon sounded super annoying and I don't know why Zee liked him.
Zee, Chloe and Jasper were all awesome.
Leah-Kate White
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
What can I say, I read it when I was like nine
Den Alessandra
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mackenzie Blue also known as Zee was far away from her best friend Ally. She had missed her very much and was sad without her bff. Zee was being bullied by Kathi Barney. Kathi has two big personalities to Zee - a nice one and a mean one. The nice one only comes out when she wants something or if she is hiding something.

Zee wants to be a singer and a songwriter. Her best friend Jasper isn't nervous about starting a new school. But Zee was nervous. She also made a new best friend Chloe. One day
Crystal Rose
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to read this! I think it would be... Fantastic!
Deidre
Read Alike for Dork Diaries
Amy
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
Mackenzie Blue is the first book in the series with the same name by Tina Wells.

Mackenzie Blue, Zee, is entering the seventh grade which means she will now go to the upper level of Brookdale Academy. She wouldn’t mind it that much but her best friend Ally moved to Paris. It does help some that Jasper and the rest of her crew will be there but that doesn’t stop her from missing Ally. Jasper is a recent addition. He moved from London the summer right before Zee will start going to the upper level.
Hannah
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because I could to relate to the teenage problems that the main character goes through. This book had a interesting plot. The author made it easy to follow and made sense. Also, the vocabulary was easy to understand, and so were the characters. The main character, Mackenzie Blue, is a 12 year old 7th grader who goes through a number of teenage problems. She is very creative at making jewelry and playing the guitar. In this book, Mackenzie's best friend, Ally, moves away to ...more
Shad
Feb 15, 2013 added it
"The Mackenzie Blue books by Tina Wells are chock full of fun. Mackenzie--or Zee, as she is known to her friends--is a bubbly seventh grade student at Brookdale Academy. Her best friend Ally has moved to France, but many surprises are in store for Zee as makes new friends and hones her skills as a singer-songwriter and guitarist.

Soon after readers first meet Zee, she loses her diary on the first day of school. When her secrets begin showing up on her classroom's white board as she prepares to
Kristen
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Why I read this: It looked like a series my students would love in 4th and 5th grade, so I had to check it out.

Plot: Typical realistic fiction plot set in middle school - there's a problem that by the end of the book turns out not to be such a bad problem. I really like these types of books that have the feel-good endings and sort of self-discovery that you want to see in kids that age. I love the drawings in the book - although I did feel like the kids looked a bit older than what I think of as
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
I am so glad I have an Almost-Tween daughter who loves a fun, realistic heroine. I mean, what could be worse, starting off 7th Grade with your best friend moving to Paris, losing your diary which may have the winning song for the Teen Sing competition in it or well, there is the matter of that boy, Landon, the one with "the sun-bleached hair that hung slightly over his eyes" (p. 209).

I loved how creative drawings of the characters, their IMs, notes and Zee's diary entries are interspersed within
Alea
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
I was instantly attracted to MacKenzie Blue because the format includes illustrations (they are so sleek and cute!), journal entries, instant messages etc. I think these sort of things really help reluctant readers when taking on a book, but they are also fun for us that enjoy graphic novel elements and the like!

MacKenzie or as she calls herself Zee is a sweet and spunky little girl! Even though her best friend now lives in Paris she’s already made herself some new friends and takes on the new
Andrea
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Little Bookworm

This was an extremely cute book. It was so fun and lively and Zee was an awesome girl! She has great friend and is very talented and very enthusiastic so that was fun. The main plot is about Zee losing her diary but the subplot is about a music competition. Zee writes her own music and she doesn't know what to do when her diary is stolen. There is a lot of "be yourselfs" and "doing your bests" in this book (without being preachy) and I think it is a great book for middle
Gmr
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Zee is a great character with all the worries attached to your typical 7th grader and then some. Between her best friend moving away last year, and the Teen Sing competition, she doesn't need anything new popping up. Oh wait, someone stole her diary! GASP!

Yes, yes I did finish this book in a blurring whirl of speed, but honestly...it was good! A middle-grade fiction novel by design there is hardly a person that can't take something away from this book. Whether it's the over all message of being
Trisha
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mother Daughter Book club book.
It was a cute book but I was disappointed. I happen to think that our current 7th graders have more depth and personality than every girl in this book. it would be good for even younger girls than 12. the writing was REALLY simple and basic and the subject matter was so light. I'm grateful for the quick book (took <1 hr to read) but I can't imagine it really being anything other than fluff. My daughter won't learn anything new from this and I think the girls
Jessica Vogt
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was fun to read. I read this series last year and recently just read them again . Yes, it was short but at least it was good. At some points i just could not put this book down and at other points of the book it was very slow and boring. At least there where more points of the book that i enjoyed then I was bored. It was fun to read, but my advice if you want to read it is to gt it from the library, read it quickly at a book store, or buy it on kindle or nook. I would say it wasn't ...more
bellanca .
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ehh... These books are okay. I first read these books when I was ten in the fifth grade and, now, 3 years later, most of the stories fail to catch my interest (me being a very avid reader, and when in the fifth grade, read at an 12th grade level)when I first discovered these books, I thought they were going to me exciting stories like in the 'Dork Diaries' books, but when I finally read the Mackenzie Blue books, I was very disappointed.

Overall, the whole collection of books is worth 1 1/2 stars
Anna
Jul 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: middle school students
Recommended to Anna by: Emma
Cute but not quite as likable as Dork Diaries or Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I like the overall positive messages about friendship and fitting in and if I was a middle school student, I would have loved this!
Tara
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highly-recommend
A fun and really, really quick read! I quite liked the main character she was an individual. Don't get me wrong she is a tween with her own insecurities, but when it comes down to it she was an average kid from a good family with good friends. Just the kind of book I would have loved as a tween reader.
Emma
May 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another good story for middle school students. Talks about friends, enemies, what to do if your best friend moves away and you're left friendless at the beginning of middle school, the good, the bad, the ugly, lol. I think middle school children will really like this book :-)
Aishah Q.
Aug 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Tina Wells is a nice writer. This story is based on a 12 year old redhead who has a crush on a boy. Her diary gets stolen and someone reveals all her secrets. This story has its twist and turn. Too modern, if you ask me. Not that I blame Tina! ;)
Sandra Avila
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I havent read this book yet.
This book looks like a interesting book to read ....
I feel like reading it right now .. The cover of the book look great .
This book is about a girl that likes to read diarys and she has humor and
she's smart and has style ..
Amy
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was surprisingly good, except for the fact that Tina Wells seems to have made her characters the type of people who use the annoying IM speak. Like seriously, who talks like that over IM? Or ever really. I understand lol and I understand brb, but why all of the other ones?
Dhipika Maharaj
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL!!!
Recommended to Dhipika by: None
Awesome book!!!!! Really love it!!!!!! Trying to find the other three but can't find it anywhere. If you bought ALL from Tongaat please tell me where you bought it from (that did not make sense but you get the point)
Safaa
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »
Wild Things: YA G...: Mackenzie Blue 6 16 Aug 29, 2010 03:33PM

• Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • The Popularity Papers (The Popularity Papers, #1)
  • Luv Ya Bunches (Flower Power, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • How to Dork Your Diary (Dork Diaries, #3.5)
  • The Accidental Cheerleader (Candy Apple #1)
  • Trading Faces (Trading Faces, #1)
  • Double Dork Diaries
  • Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (Dork Diaries, #6)
  • Let's Pretend This Never Happened (Dear Dumb Diary #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Glam TV Star (Dork Diaries, #7)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Switched (My Sister the Vampire, #1)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
Tina Wells founded Buzz Marketing Group at the age of 16. Her many honors include Essence Magazine's 40 Under 40 Award and Billboard's 30 Under 30 Award. Recently named one of Cosmopolitan's "Fun Fearless Phenoms," Tina lives in Erial, NJ, with her vast collection of shoes.

Mackenzie Blue (5 books)
  • The Secret Crush (Mackenzie Blue, #2)
  • Friends Forever? (Mackenzie Blue, #3)
  • Mixed Messages (Mackenzie Blue, #4)
  • Double Trouble (Mackenzie Blue, #5)