Start by marking “After Dark (Vamps, #3)” as Want to Read:
After Dark (Vamps, #3)

After Dark

(Vamps #3)

What good is a designer dress if someone puts a stake through it?

It's the most important event of the season in New York's upper-crust vampire society. The Rauhnacht Grand Ball has everything you need for a night of scandal and intrigue: gala dresses, stolen boyfriends, forbidden love . . .

Then a team of vampire hunters shows up and ruins everything! The surprise attack by
Published July 28th 2009 by HarperTeen

Start your review of After Dark (Vamps, #3)
Nikol
Apr 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
for an author to write 3 books, yes not 1 not 2 but 3!!!!!!!books and not finish the series or even speak of the future of the series is just ridiculous. Really write 3 books and leave us hanging for YEARS, I started the books when they first came out and hunted for the books(they weren't at bn or any of the other book stores in NYC!(well only the first one was easy to find)) and to be waiting with no clear indication as to whether or not the books are gonna go on is just*UGH*
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

AFTER DARK is the third installment in the VAMPS series. It picks up where NIGHT LIFE leaves off; everyone of Old Blood consequence is attending the Rauhnacht Grand Ball at the Orlock estate. But the night turns sour when the Van Helsings show up and start attacking.

Callie is stunned when she sees her old flame, Peter, among the hunters. And Lilith is awestruck when she finds out that Xander Orlock, aka EXO, is partly responsible for her rescue.

But after
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Stars:
Note: Nancy A. Collins has to be excuse my miss manners crapping me! There is no freaking way this Young Adult Series is finished. The only way it's done is if the author thinks the youth today are fishing barrel stupid??

Among some of my favorites. Outstanding literary work. The characters are well developed, interesting. The liked characters are likable and the hated are unlikable. The writing is captivating enough to keep you interested until the end and leave you wanting more. It
Sydney
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I love vampire books! I thought this one was a lot like the blue bloods series in every way (a copycat) but I love that series! so I love this one too!
Laetitia
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
A shipper is born with this... I loved the couples forming so freaking much. However, after the end of this one, I expected another book to come out but it did not happen...
Edward Williamson
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel from Nancy, the third in this fascinating trilogy. I was spellbound.
A
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
As other readers did I picked this book up without reading any of the others in the series. However it wasn't hard to piece together things.

Pros: I really like the whole vampire society thing. It is different the New Blood and the Old Bloods. Their influence in the every day life of humans. They are known about but it is one of those things "They leave us alone we leave them alone". There is also the whole is someone dies and their birthright isn't claimed then anyone who was chained to them
Tiffany
Mar 21, 2010 rated it liked it
This review is coming from someone who did NOT read the previous volumes in the series:

I picked this book up on a whim when several of my friends were reading, or wanting to read, the series. I wanted to know what it was all about, and this was the first one I found, so I figured I'd give it a try.

First of all, I had no problem figuring out what was going on. I may not know every detail, but I had no trouble following the story. So, don't think you absolutely have to start with the first book in
Angela Pan
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lilith and Jules relation having been the same since Jules had a affair with Carem one of Lilith's close friend. Cally lost her mother. So she is living with her pretend father, Karl Metzger. One of her real father's worker. But Karl has to do something in Europe so Cally is living with her real father.

I think soon Lilith will lose all her friends. Her closest friends are starting to leave her. Lilith and Jules broke up. Now all she has are wanna-bees. Lot of people are starting to like Cally
Raina
Apr 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
Basically, this is Gossip-Girl but with vampires. It can be momentarily amusing, however, the label-name-dropping gets so out of hand you feel like you are reading ad copy for a big Madison Avenue firm rather than a mindless YA vampire novel. The characters are completely self absorbed, forgettable and shallow and the plot is basic and doesn't really go anywhere you don't expect it to. You can anticipate the next move chapters before Nancy Collins writes it. Sadly, it is utterly forgettable and ...more
Cindy
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, 3-stars, vampire
This is the third book in the vamps series. The book starts where the last book stops, so it is better to read the other books in these series first. So you know what happened before and who is who.
It starts with a ball where the vampires get attacked by their enemies. One of these enemies is Callys ex Peter. After what happened on the ball Cally has to start a new life. Callys talent for making fashion is discovered and displayed in a good way. But at the end of the book her life changes again.
Lore
Mar 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blew-me-away, vampire
Jessica Fedele
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
is there suppose to be a fourth sequel to this? i sure hope so. luckily i have another series to occupy me until the next one comes out!
i am in love with the whole vamp thing. but this book totally added a grily yet total bad ass twist to make it not just another twilight. Although, unlike some people out there who r twilight haters, i loovvvee twilight and the vampire diaries. team stefan. yum.
Judy
Dec 16, 2010 added it
Shelves: vampire
After Dark (Vamps #3)
by Nancy A. Collins
3.80 rating details 166 ratings 16 reviews
What good is a designer dress if someone puts a stake through it?

Then a team of vampire hunters shows up and ruins everything! The surprise at

Sunshine✰✰✰
Not only does this book seem to leave out half the story, but then it ends with a cliff hanger and Collins hasn't written any more to the series.

It left out a lot of the interactions with other characters that could have expanded the story line and seemed to focus more on Lilith's growing vanity & selfishness and on Cally's budding career.
Natalie Walker
Mar 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Kayla
Apr 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The things I read in this book...Things are really starting to get crazy in the world of these vampires. I really didn't expect some of the things to be said in here. Things that I never would have thought could even have a chance of happening. And when they said she had to leave? I thought that Cally's life was going to end. I bet the next book will be even better.
Courtney
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook, vamps, books-nook
Really enjoyed the series. I didn't feel like there was an ending to this though. It left me wanting more. There were still loose ends that needed to be cleared up. Hoping there will be a 4th book out to finish it off....if not more!!!!
Alicia
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, vampires
This might be the best book yet. Cally and Lilith just barely remain civil to each other..still. Big changes are in store for everyone as we see in the third book. I cannot wait to keep reading to see what happens.
Loryn Lodrigue
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was amszing. I love the second book, where cally finds out that liliths dad is heres. Woops spoiler alert@, idc i love this book. The first, second, third. I hope she makes more book with vampires and stuff!
Sandy
Apr 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lots of action at the start of this installment.
Cally's and Lilith's careers in fashion start to take off. They also both find new loves. I can't wait to find out what will happen between the Lilith and Exo and between the Todds and the Maledettos.
Looking forward to the next book.
Kim
Jul 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, there was plenty going on to keep you interested. I'm loving the twisted love triangles and forbidden relationships. It left me wanting more! Definitely better then the second one!
Julie
Aug 19, 2009 rated it liked it
3rd in the Vamps series. Enjoyable but not the best yet. Seemed like a filler book with not a lot of action.
Courtney
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think from the three this is my least favorite one.
Liquidsilver
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Awsome hope there's more
Court
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this series its so new and fresh and interesting!
Cas
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
the stunning conclusion to the vamps trilogy, the trilogy ends with a load of questions, but is a great ending to the trilogy.
Lucy Ma
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Morgan
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh how I love this series, I wish there were more.!

ramy
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
just wish the next one would come out

• Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • The Initiation / The Captive Part I (The Secret Circle, #1-2)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Descendant, #4)
  • Saving Fish from Drowning
  • Intertwined (Intertwined, #1)
  • Twisted (Intertwined, #3)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)
  • After Hours (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #1.5)
  • Matt and Elena: Tenth Date On Wickery Pond (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #0.2)
  • Matt and Elena: First Date (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #0.1)
  • The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)
  • The Dress Lodger
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)
Nancy A. Collins (born 10 September 1959) is a United States horror fiction writer best known for her series of vampire novels featuring her character Sonja Blue. Collins has also written for comic books, including the Swamp Thing series, Jason Vs. Leatherface, Predator: Hell Come A Walkin and her own one-shot Dhampire: Stillborn.

Collins was born in McGehee, Arkansas, United States. She lived in